Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House (17799 Views)

Nollywood Stars At 2016 AMVCA After-party(photos) / Patience Jonathan Hosts Entertainers In Aso Rock / President Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars And Entertainers(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
Yesterday, Saturday, March 2 2013, President Goodluck Jonathan hosted several Nollywood practitioners to a dinner at the State House, Marina, Lagos to celebrate Nollywood at 20. The president who expressed appreciation to Nollywood for standing by his family when he lost his brother Meni Jonathan, noted that the event was supposed to hold then but was postponed.

In his remarks, the Jonathan noted three major endeavours that easily unite Nigerians – Music, Sports and Nollywood - which he said of the movie industry:

“Whenever I travel abroad, many of my colleagues, Presidents of other countries, ask me about Nollywood. Nollywood is our shining light. Africans are very proud of Nollywood. That is why we are here today to celebrate the success story of this national, continental and global brand.”

The event which had about 750 selected guests including A-list actors, actresses, movie producers/directors, top corporate executives, politicians among others, was put together by the Presidency to celebrate the successes of Nollywood over the past 20 years.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2013/03/photos-president-jonathan-hosts.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by babysnogls: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Okay. Fire dey mountain, na hosting we dey do?
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by gen2briz(m): 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by badassnigga(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
oga Jona I hail ooo.this will go a lng way in solving Nigeria problems .
grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by eagleeye2: 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
2015 Things.
Oga Joe, take am easy ohh.
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by dedons: 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Y is dis guy wasting our money

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Gistben: 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Dats nice.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Nollywood will not deliver you votes in 2015 even if they produce a movie titled "Jonathan - the 2015 man". Why not host the underprivileged in the society by giving them the basic necessities of life and see if the windows of votes will not be opened for you that there will not be room enough for it.

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by hammedkola(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
That's the gain of hardwork...Imagine me sitting down with Oga Jona for round table

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Ibangap(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
Is he hosting dem 4 d awards dey brought back home frm d oscars? Mtcheeew. So all dis while he's been traveling abroad its just to go and discuss nollywood wit his colleagues.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by sharqur99: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
Yeepa!!! Anoda #500m is gone.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
Nollywood deserves it. They are hard working and not bunch of slack men like some of u.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Foxycarol(f): 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Nollywood will not deliver you votes in 2015 even if they produce a movie titled "Jonathan - the 2015 man". Why not host the underprivileged in the society by giving them the basic necessities of life and see if the windows of votes will not be opened for you that there will not be room enough for it.
dat wat GEJ doesnt understand.
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by etalker: 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
Please they should be careful not to step on that guy on blue atire...he is very dear to us.

Even when he had to climb on the table to accept a toast from the president.

PS: I gbadu the guy though.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by RECO: 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
Strategy
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by holluwai(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
Is this what this bleeping bas-turd supposed to be doing? Hosting hollywood mofos Clueless as ever!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by 5alive(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
dis jonaguy is simply an eediot.
Gosh!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by BlackPeni5: 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
GEJ loves flexing sha...If only he could work half as hard.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by jeezybuck: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
I am dying of hunger here and this man is celebrating nonsense ?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by superior1: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
Spending his 1 billion naira feeding fee,I wonder if he will ever visit Maiduguri as announced

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by OluEmmaAss: 7:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ahead of 2015. After making them a vain promise in 2011!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Ogbuefienubiaka: 7:17pm On Mar 03, 2013
All work and no play makes jack.........

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
dedons: Y is dis guy wasting our money
Because Nigerians are scared of starting a revolution or massive protest against corrupt politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
5alive: dis jonaguy is simply an eediot.
Gosh!!!!
dude, we all know you weren't brought up properly, so pls, calm yourself, show some public decorum.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by ypzilanti: 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
Lip service.

What Nollywood needs is an aggressive clamp down on counterfeiting in Nigeria. In the USA it is a federal crime, and FBI personally hunts down the perpetrators. This is because the government makes so much money from taxing movies that they cannot allow people to just dub and sell. EFCC should have a copyright protection arm, and it should be funded with taxes from Nollywood. If you want to watch nollywood movie, you go to cinema, or buy the authentic DVD...that is the way to support the industry. The party is ok, but action on copyright issues is really what is needed.

....And the dunces there will not use this opportunity to tell Mr. President what the problem is. 'The government should do this', 'the government should do that'...oya see government in front of you now. You wont talk. Odes.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by executinal(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
See Aki cup bigger than Jona grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by anayonduba(m): 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
jona day look and imagine ow that small aki get sense like dat....see the pik

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
750 votes plus mine secured! Guess what ? Gej means Goodluck, never failed, wont start now

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by Reptyle(m): 7:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
All I saw I the pictures are several politicians and one nollywood star. Were the others camera shy? wink
Re: Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House by sammmiey1: 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
Jonathan,when will u stop dining every now and then and wake up 4rm ur slumber 2solving Nigeria problems at least 2a plausible extent2015 is fast approachin'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fugees Rapper Pras Michel Found Guilty Of Political Conspiracy / Africa's Richest Man, Aliko Dangote Is A Year Older Today! / The Sexiest Teacher I Have Ever Seen In My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.