Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 (61312 Views)

Barcelona Vs AC Milan : UCL (4 - 0) On 12th March 2013 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea: FA Cup (2 - 2) On 10th March 2013 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona - El Clasico (2 - 1) On 2nd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kingjames(m): 9:58am On Mar 06, 2013
Fussbot: haha!bros abeg who got up first??him or arbeloa??IMO i even tink nani was in much pain than him...if u've played football,den u can imagine ursef in the air trying 2 control the ball and smbdy run 2 u 4rm ur blind side...besides,if nani had walked up 2 him and apologize,d ref mit even use dat as an excuse 2 send him off thinking nani was simulating...

Tell that to the oceans If u were watching with ur mind & not wt sentiment, u'll kw dt Nani was actually simulating on the ground as if he had epilepsy attack in an attempt to con the ref. Did I hear pain? When you marched an opponent's chest wt the pin of ur boot on air who shld be in more pain? I respect u and expect u shld reason more than this. Btw I love nani as a player and hv always supported him but not on this one buddy.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fabville: 10:01am On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro:
That wasn't a red card offence. Most of the you are just commenting out of sentiments. This is what fifa law states:
Page 26
Playing in a Dangerous Manner
Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball,threatens injury to someone (including the player himself)
It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury. The action becomes an offence only when an
opponent is adversely affected. A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.
Page 27
Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is a physical contact, the action becomes a offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In case of physical contact, the referee should carefully consider the high probability that
misconduct has also been committed.
Page 28
Disciplinary sanctions:
if a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action if the action is made with obvious risk of injury the referee should caution the player if a player denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity playing in a dangerous manner the referee should send off the player
Restart of play:
indirect free kick from the position where the offence occurred* if there is contact, a different offence has been committed, punishable by a direct free kick

The above rules are always there. Have you not been watching football to understand how these rules are executed on the pitch? If rules are to be used at the surface, why did United not awarded penalties for two handballs and foul for Man United in the Madrid 18 yard box. The rules said, when there is a contact. United players was brought down but the referee ignored it.
In the first, leg the Madrid last man brought down Evra's goal bound move towards one on one with the goal keeper. Why was the rule on last man committing foul not implemented?

That happens when you appoint a low profile refree for a high profile game such as this. The level of understanding of the laws by the refrees depends on how long hes been officiating and how many big games he has officiated. If the laws are not to be followed to the letter, then the question is "why did they establish those laws in the first play"? They should have allowed the refrees to use they discretion when officiating and if that is the case controvercies over decisions wouldn't have arose. Laws are made to be followed.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fabville: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2013
Kingjames:

Tell that to the oceans If u were watching with ur mind & not wt sentiment, u'll kw dt Nani was actually simulating on the ground as if he had epilepsy attack in an attempt to con the ref. Did I hear pain? When you marched an opponent's chest wt the pin of ur boot on air who shld be in more pain? I respect u and expect u shld reason more than this. Btw I love nani as a player and hv always supported him but not on this one buddy.

Go and study the laws governing dangerous play.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by oses4u(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2013
To all those questioning the decision,
(1) Do u knw dat it took the referee about 3mins to take dat decision
(2) Within those 3minutes he got some advise from other referees(4) @the sides of the pitch.
(3) It was a unanimous decision from all d officials officiating the game. So pls these are professionals that officiate games week in and out.
In my own case the referee was rite. Man Utd better luck nxt time. --- frm a chelsea fan.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by switdick(m): 10:12am On Mar 06, 2013
That nani's tackle was a red card offense,simple as that,some ref would be lenient enough to spare the red and dash the yellow but this one's case is different,unfortunately for Man U'........Fact!

Though,I thought the ref should have been more lenient going by how crucial the match is,and of course,ManU had a great tactic plan going by how they defended and also attacked us thus creating attempts,but madrid are a team that not taking advantage of the one man down syndrome" ..is impossible and they sure did,just the same way scoring after conceding an own goal would have been inevitable"with or without the card saga......lol

So give it up manchester,I like you guys,trust me I do....at least in England,I'd pick Manchester untd over any other side'' but you guys had to be out for us to go through ...LmfaO"....

And frankly,manU in my opinion,would have still gotten a red considering how far they are from physical frailty hence rough tackling the visitors. Nice game though...

HALA Madrid!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 10:17am On Mar 06, 2013
Fabville:

That happens when you appoint a low profile refree for a high profile game such as this. The level of understanding of the laws by the refrees depends on how long hes been officiating and how many big games he has officiated. If the laws are not to be followed to the letter, then the question is "why did they establish those laws in the first play"? They should have allowed the refrees to use they discretion when officiating and if that is the case controvercies over decisions wouldn't have arose. Laws are made to be followed.

I tell you if the laws were to be followed that way, most matches will be ending with three red cards to both sides. Then countless of penalties. How often do we hear ball to hand? is that a law? But referee use their discretion to waive such when a player unintentionally handle the ball in the 18 yard box. Yesterday, although a goal bound shot was removed with a hand by Madrid in their 18 yard box, the referee didnt award a penalty. Why the double standard? if you want to be hard, be hard in all decisions, if you want to be lenient, also ensure that in all decisions.

The rules also say, when there is a contact on a player in the 18 yard box without winning the ball, a penalty should be awarded. The referee ignored that too. So why won't United complain?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kgdavid(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2013
Marlbron: Guys its only a game. I doff my hat to Sir Alex for the strategy he brought to the game which stifled the freeflowing game of Madrid. There is no doubt the sending off changed the game as it enabled Mourinho to bring Madrid who changed the game with his masterful play. Lets analyse the goals.

The first goal -an own goal should not have stood. Van Persie was offside when the ball got to him, the kinsman missed that, and that gave Man U an advantage.

The challenge by Nani was a dangerous one, not helped by his simulation, which made the ref decision a very correct one. Had he accepted responsibility, he might have been lucky with a yellow. No matter, Nani saw Arbeola late and should have directed his leg away from Arbeola rather than aiming for his chest. The rule is clear- dangerous play, red card.

Now with the sending off, it was still 1-0 to the Red Devils. Why did Sir Alex not hold on to the lead?He missed a trick there. When Modricd was brought on, he failed to respond to that and still carried on as if the midfield was still on the same dynamics. That was a rare lapse of concentration by a great tacticIan, a great coach. ManU should have organized better and perhaps should not have conceeded. Being 10 man down does not mean you loose a game.

After the second goal, ManU brought in changes and were very determined and may have scored a goal or two. The day was saved by good goal keeping. The Red card, made it easier for Madrid, but Sir Alex playing to the crowd rather than focussing on strategy as Madrid brought Modric, may have cost ManU the match. And by the way, ManU fans, there is next year champions league which you are sure to play. Remember, the first goal should have been an offside call, so stay humble.

sorry bro but the bolded is just rubbish. wat exactly do you propose shuld have been done differently? from the off the team was set up to defend so the only possible change would have been an attacking one. bringin on an extra defender at 60 mins against real is the definition of suicide cuz then the pressure would be unbearable and with world class players they would be bound to score.you must realize that it took every single one of our 11 men to effectively defend as we did in the first half. wen real had the ball we exerted pressure from the front and squeezed them resulting a good number of misplaced passes and makin it easier for our defenders to repell real's players. losing one man simply granted them all the space they needed at the back....the two goals are evidence of that....the space that was available for that cross on the first goal simply was not there wen nani was on and modric certainly wouldnt have had that space to shoot prior to the sending off. there was nothin Fergie could do to respond to the modric substitution cuz like i said the only possible change would have been to throw on an attacker which is at happened wen real began to defend their lead. besides it was Modric for Khedira my friend...straight swap! there was no tactical change there! they threw on Pepe and we threw on Rooney. im strugglin to understand this rubbish yu wrote about sir alex playing to the crowd rather than reacting to the modric sub. in fact i am struggling to keep calm here. wat do u even mean?? are yu saying this because he encouraged the crowd to yell more? that is simple morale boosting 101....the great man knew we were in trouble and turned to the crowd- the famed 12th man advantage of every home team(in this case 11th man) for support. please go and write long stories about something else cuz yu sir do not know what yu are talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2013
Time for me to sign out.

The game is over. All world big media cannot be wrong. They all reported that the red card was controversial. Yahoo news, CNN, BBC, Supersports, etc. Many of other club fans immediately agreed that the officiating was poor and biased in favour of Madrid. Even Mourinho said he didn't think it was a red card. Also, many ex-internationals and coaches believe it should be at most a yellow card. So let's leave it.

My fellow Man United fans, there is a bright future for this team. Ferguson should try and retain all the players, they will rule the world. They should start by claiming the EPL this season. With the performance last night, even when it was 10 men, United showed class and there is a bright future. With such performances, I don't see City catching us. I personally, prefer the EPL to champion league this season, just to prove a point that City will always be our baby in football.

Have a nice time.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Wahala90: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2013
Red Card or not, Madrid are a better side than ManU.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by 1025: 10:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Kgdavid:

sorry bro but the bolded is just rubbish. wat exactly do you propose shuld have been done differently? from the off the team was set up to defend so the only possible change would have been an attacking one. bringin on an extra defender at 60 mins against real is the definition of suicide cuz then the pressure would be unbearable and with world class players they would be bound to score.you must realize that it took every single one of our 11 men to effectively defend as we did in the first half. wen real had the ball we exerted pressure from the front and squeezed them resulting a good number of misplaced passes and makin it easier for our defenders to repell real's players. losing one man simply granted them all the space they needed at the back....the two goals are evidence of that....the space that was available for that cross on the first goal simply was not there wen nani was on and modric certainly wouldnt have had that space to shoot prior to the sending off. there was nothin Fergie could do to respond to the modric substitution cuz like i said the only possible change would have been to throw on an attacker which is at happened wen real began to defend their lead. besides it was Modric for Khedira my friend...straight swap! there was no tactical change there! they threw on Pepe and we threw on Rooney. im strugglin to understand this rubbish yu wrote about sir alex playing to the crowd rather than reacting to the modric sub. in fact i am struggling to keep calm here. wat do u even mean?? are yu saying this because he encouraged the crowd to yell more? that is simple morale boosting 101....the great man knew we were in trouble and turned to the crowd- the famed 12th man advantage of every home team(in this case 11th man) for support. please go and write long stories about something else cuz yu sir do not know what yu are talking about here.

this is what i call, true confession. u were defending at home and wanted to progress on an own goal? haba, no be the same man u that ppl tell me that they are in form? are the english champions for nothing? how can u be in such an envieable position only to be undone by a third placed team in spain?
talking about defending, is defending ur game? how long did u watch chelsea video before putting it into work? in epl alone this season, man u won liverpool with an offside goal because evra headed the ball that deflected off vidic who was already in an offside position, against city, kompany was red carded only to be cancealed after the game(fraud). against ordinary arsenal, a red card was needed for u to win. do i need to talk about chelsea where two red cards were branded even against torres who was kicked by evans. with 9 men, chelsea was still determined only for the game to be decided by an offside goal. pictures and clips are all their for ur records.
chairty must begin from home.
in the picture below, the goalscorer was even behind the goalkeeper and we are here talking about nani's red card?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by hotwax: 10:57am On Mar 06, 2013
Thank you UEFA for the revenge on clatternburg united.
What A̶̲̥̅​ sweet justice.
The bible says "it shall not be well with the wicked"
This is more painful than Torres red card. Champions league where it pains most.
If you like, let howard webb give Abhramovich red card next week. It doesn't make any difference.

Up blues!!!

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2013
1025:

this is what i call, true confession. u were defending at home and wanted to progress on an own goal? haba, no be the same man u that ppl tell me that they are in form? are the english champions for nothing? how can u be in such an envieable position only to be undone by a third placed team in spain?
talking about defending, is defending ur game? how long did u watch chelsea video before putting it into work? in epl alone this season, man u won liverpool with an offside goal because evra headed the ball that deflected off vidic who was already in an offside position, against city, kompany was red carded only to be cancealed after the game(fraud). against ordinary arsenal, a red card was needed for u to win. do i need to talk about chelsea where two red cards were branded even against torres who was kicked by evans. with 9 men, chelsea was still determined only for the game to be decided by an offside goal. pictures and clips are all their for ur records.
chairty must begin from home.
in the picture below, the goalscorer was even behind the goalkeeper and we are here talking about nani's red card?

Why are you giving people false information just to discredit Man United? There was no red card in City's game. I also doubt your claim on the Liverpool game.

scored with a free-kick from an angle, aided by a crucial deflection.
LINEUP, BOOKINGS (7) & SUBSTITUTIONS (6)
Manchester City
01 Hart
04 Kompany (K Toure - 21' )
05 Zabaleta
22 Clichy
33 Nastasic
08 Nasri Booked
18 Barry Booked
21 Silva
42 Y Toure Booked (Dzeko - 84' )
16 Aguero
45 Balotelli (Tevez - 52' Booked )
Substitutes
30 Pantilimon
03 Maicon
06 Lescott
28 K Toure
14 Garcia
10 Dzeko
32 Tevez
Manchester United
01 De Gea
02 Rafael
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand Booked
06 Evans (Smalling - 48' )
07 Valencia (Jones - 84' Booked )
16 Carrick
18 Young
23 Cleverley (Welbeck - 87' )
10 Rooney Booked
20 Van Persie
Substitutes
50 Johnstone
04 Jones
12 Smalling
11 Giggs
22 Scholes
14 Hernandez
19 Welbeck
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571835
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Wahala90: 11:22am On Mar 06, 2013
[size=16pt]When you see somebody arguing against the decision of 5 qualified UEFA refs, he is either a ManU fan or a blind soccer fanatic.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by adaybayor(m): 11:59am On Mar 06, 2013
Fussbot: u can't argue again??mtscheew...and guess wat??u'l also have a taste of this medicine come sunday..it's HOWARD WEBB'S SHOW BABY!

I don't argue with mumus, since u know of howard web then STF and stop complaininig
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by ehis999: 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fussbot: This is my question..as person wey sabi ball and sentiments apart....wen nani stood up...did u xpect d ref 2 give im a red cardand if u lie...na God go punish u

Before hin go down sef, i don tell my people say na RED... Ask yourself why the judoka like for ground?
Wetin do am? na hin recieve boot for chest?
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fabville: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro:

I tell you if the laws were to be followed that way, most matches will be ending with three red cards to both sides. Then countless of penalties. How often do we hear ball to hand? is that a law? But referee use their discretion to waive such when a player unintentionally handle the ball in the 18 yard box. Yesterday, although a goal bound shot was removed with a hand by Madrid in their 18 yard box, the referee didnt award a penalty. Why the double standard? if you want to be hard, be hard in all decisions, if you want to be lenient, also ensure that in all decisions.

The rules also say, when there is a contact on a player in the 18 yard box without winning the ball, a penalty should be awarded. The referee ignored that too. So why won't United complain?

You are getting me wrong. What i am saying is that Nani does not deserve a red card according to fifa rules. I am saying that the worst he could have gotten was a yellow card. Example: i have never seen a situation where a player is trying head a ball and an opposing player also raised his foot to control a ball and the player that raised his boot to control the ball is given a straight red card. I have never seen that. There is never a place where "Ball to hand" is stated in fifa laws. It is stated that when your hand(s) is raised away from your body. That is why no refree will give anything when a ball hits a player when his arm is within his body. Decisions are to be taken according to the rules. Go check this http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf and see some pictures as well and also see the seven offences for which a player, substitute or substituted player can be sent off and shown the red card
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fabville: 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
oses4u: To all those questioning the decision,
(1) Do u knw dat it took the referee about 3mins to take dat decision
(2) Within those 3minutes he got some advise from other referees(4) @the sides of the pitch.
(3) It was a unanimous decision from all d officials officiating the game. So pls these are professionals that officiate games week in and out.
In my own case the referee was rite. Man Utd better luck nxt time. --- frm a chelsea fan.

How did you know that it was a unanimous decision? According to the rules it was never a red card offence. Here u go:
Sending-Off Offences
There are seven offences for which a player, substitute or substituted player can be sent off and shown the red card if he:
1. is guilty of serious foul play
2. is guilty of violent conduct
3. spits at an opponent or at any other person
4. denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
5. denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
6. uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
7. receives a second caution in the same match
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fabville: 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Kgdavid:

I concur with all you have written. How long would they have defended if he had brought in a defender in 52nd minute to defend one goal against Real Madrid with so many world class players. I bet you if he had done that, one way or the other the goal will definitely go in. It could even be an own-goal in this situation. For crying out loud, it was a midfielder that was sent off and not a defender. He did the right thing by telling Welbeck to finally drop into midfield and watch what will happen before knowing the next substitution to make.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fabville: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro: Time for me to sign out.

The game is over. All world big media cannot be wrong. They all reported that the red card was controversial. Yahoo news, CNN, BBC, Supersports, etc. Many of other club fans immediately agreed that the officiating was poor and biased in favour of Madrid. Even Mourinho said he didn't think it was a red card. Also, many ex-internationals and coaches believe it should be at most a yellow card. So let's leave it.

My fellow Man United fans, there is a bright future for this team. Ferguson should try and retain all the players, they will rule the world. They should start by claiming the EPL this season. With the performance last night, even when it was 10 men, United showed class and there is a bright future. With such performances, I don't see City catching us. I personally, prefer the EPL to champion league this season, just to prove a point that City will always be our baby in football.

Have a nice time.

Spot on. He needs to keep these set of players. They are already bedding for next season. The team has completely changed from the team that started the season leaking goals. They have blended well.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by 1025: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
who is the ref for sunday match between chelsea and man u? howard webb.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Decee(m): 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
If NANI want 2 practice kunfu,he shld meet JET LI and nt ARBELOA.is a learner
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by 1025: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro:

Why are you giving people false information just to discredit Man United? There was no red card in City's game. I also doubt your claim on the Liverpool game.

scored with a free-kick from an angle, aided by a crucial deflection.
LINEUP, BOOKINGS (7) & SUBSTITUTIONS (6)
Manchester City
01 Hart
04 Kompany (K Toure - 21' )
05 Zabaleta
22 Clichy
33 Nastasic
08 Nasri Booked
18 Barry Booked
21 Silva
42 Y Toure Booked (Dzeko - 84' )
16 Aguero
45 Balotelli (Tevez - 52' Booked )
Substitutes
30 Pantilimon
03 Maicon
06 Lescott
28 K Toure
14 Garcia
10 Dzeko
32 Tevez
Manchester United
01 De Gea
02 Rafael
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand Booked
06 Evans (Smalling - 48' )
07 Valencia (Jones - 84' Booked )
16 Carrick
18 Young
23 Cleverley (Welbeck - 87' )
10 Rooney Booked
20 Van Persie
Substitutes
50 Johnstone
04 Jones
12 Smalling
11 Giggs
22 Scholes
14 Hernandez
19 Welbeck
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571835

http://soccer.indonewyork.com/turns-out-vidic-was-offside-for-man-utds-second-goal-v-liverpool/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262055/Manchester-United-v-Liverpool-Alex-Ferguson-hands-winning-goal-Nemanja-Vidic-Patrice-Evra.html

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/epl-2012/liverpool/manchester-united-vs-liverpool-as-it-happened_755005.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foBVOvGrjJ8

uncle, if these 4 links with video and picture did not answer ur questions, pls come back for more. you did not respond to accusations about arsenal and chelsea which means those ones are true and acceptable then why won't you accept just one from madrid? then again, ur fa has appoint the man u legend howard webb for sunday game vs chelsea. must ur refs handle these important matches?
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by lafuria1(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsenals-emmanuel-eboue-was-sent-off-at-old-trafford-in-2008-for-a-nani-esque-challenge/
n the aftermath of Nani’s sending off against Real Madrid, many comparisons were made with Nigel De Jong’s infamous challenge in the 2010 World Cup final.

A better example, and one Arsenal fans will remember well, comes from an FA Cup game in 2008 at Old Trafford which the Gunners lost 4-0.

Emmanuel Eboue was sent off for the Gunners, just after half-time, with an almost identical “high” challenge on Patrice Evra, in virtually the same place on the Old Trafford pitch.

In the immediate aftermath of the challenge by the former Arsenal player, Rio Ferdinand was incensed and can clearly be seen urging the referee to take action.

Nani is also one of the players that approaches the referee but before the Manchester United winger can complain, referee Alan Wiley had already flashed his red card.

Sir Alex Ferguson made no complaints at the time and the reaction from Manchester United’s players five years ago, specifically Rio Ferdinand, who clapped referee Cuneyt Cakir in the face at full time last night, is rather telling.

Emmanuel Eboue’s sending off for Arsenal at Manchester United in 2008 is below, followed by a video show casing Nani’s sending off v Real Madrid.

u can click on the link for the video. karma is wicked when u least expect it. if pepe had done what nani did, fergie will defend the red card.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by kennz(f): 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Odunharry: imagine bad officiating
Sincerly, fergie was d one wu spoilt da whole game. ain appy atall.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Wahala90: 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=16pt]When you see somebody arguing against the decision of 5 qualified UEFA refs, he is either a ManU fan or a blind soccer fanatic.[/size]
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by biolabee(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
Marlbron: Guys its only a game. I doff my hat to Sir Alex for the strategy he brought to the game which stifled the freeflowing game of Madrid. There is no doubt the sending off changed the game as it enabled Mourinho to bring Madrid who changed the game with his masterful play. Lets analyse the goals.

The first goal -an own goal should not have stood. Van Persie was offside when the ball got to him, the kinsman missed that, and that gave Man U an advantage.

The challenge by Nani was a dangerous one, not helped by his simulation, which made the ref decision a very correct one. Had he accepted responsibility, he might have been lucky with a yellow. No matter, Nani saw Arbeola late and should have directed his leg away from Arbeola rather than aiming for his chest. The rule is clear- dangerous play, red card.

Now with the sending off, it was still 1-0 to the Red Devils. Why did Sir Alex not hold on to the lead?He missed a trick there. When Modricd was brought on, he failed to respond to that and still carried on as if the midfield was still on the same dynamics. That was a rare lapse of concentration by a great tacticIan, a great coach. ManU should have organized better and perhaps should not have conceeded. Being 10 man down does not mean you loose a game.

After the second goal, ManU brought in changes and were very determined and may have scored a goal or two. The day was saved by good goal keeping. The Red card, made it easier for Madrid, but Sir Alex playing to the crowd rather than focussing on strategy as Madrid brought Modric, may have cost ManU the match. And by the way, ManU fans, there is next year champions league which you are sure to play. Remember, the first goal should have been an offside call, so stay humble.

Good post there,How can the scummies accept that their goal came from an offside position

The injustice of united in fergies PL is damning
I pity shekpe at Old Trafford as they meet Coward Webb

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by ogunsam75(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro: Man United were cheated in both legs of this encounter. In Madrid, Patrice Evra was going one on one with the goal keeper, he was ahead of Madrid defenders, then the last man, Segio Ramos I think, brought Evra down. The referee ignored what should have been a red card to Ramos. English teams suffer so much in the hands of these Eufa referee.

is better u stop watching football with black and white tv and betterstill use microscope when next u r watching football
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by toshmann(m): 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Uefa defends the red card

. "There are no issues for us regarding the sending off, and we will wait for the official reports of the match delegate and the referee's observer, as is procedure."

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1364872
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Limaoscar: 10:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
Time for me to sign out.

Have a nice time.
This an absolute sentimental nonsense. I will leave the rest of your rubbis.h and go to the point you said "even Mourihno said He didn't think it was a red card". Lie! Mou said He could NOT say if it was a red because He did not see it. I thought you should actually harp on what other nice thing He said about your cocky team.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Vansnickers: 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by ddippset(m): 6:59am On Mar 07, 2013
Limaoscar:
This an absolute sentimental nonsense. I will leave the rest of your rubbis.h and go to the point you said "even Mourihno said He didn't think it was a red card". Lie! Mou said He could NOT say if it was a red because He did not see it. I thought you should actually harp on what other nice thing He said about your cocky team.
when mourihno sees a wrong call against him, he screams the world to a stand still, he gives 1 million press conferences but whenever mourinho tells you 'he did not see it' hahahahaha. read between the lines my brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.