Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) (25043 Views)

A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Palm Wine! Now In A Can ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2013
I have taken it a number of times here in Naija back @ my home town to be specific. Cobra placed in a bottle, some herbs added and some alligator peppper there in. To be topped with schnapps every now and then. Fun to drink - even saw some bottled snakes that have been passed on from grand fathers ~
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by firestar(f): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2013
undecided
Por-por-por-por,
Por-por,
Por-por,
Por-pop sumtin

Say if yu carry an' yu kno it, berra POP SOMETIN...

CELEBRATE!!!!!! gringringrin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by pweeryambre: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2013
chukxie: I had a full glass of snake wine during the spring festival in Hunan, China. It was reddish in colour and tasted like kparaga! Seriously!
Reddish in color u say? Dat must be the blood and the gore.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by oweniwe(m): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2013
Rubbish ! angry
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by rasputinn(m): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2013
Saw it once in Japan and I couldnt stop wondering,,,,,,
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by AGgal(f): 10:02am On Mar 05, 2013
Yuck! Crazy ppl
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by ikweremilitant: 10:06am On Mar 05, 2013
tejpot: Not only in Asia, I have seen in Nigeria too, but not in commercial quantity. But it's of medical significance
ya man ure corect.about 15ys ago we say someting lyk ds in our compound in ajegunle in those days,althou d man was a bluthoot scientist as in native doctor we we're all amazd nd infact more scard of the man we never knew the reason for it

1 Like

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 05, 2013
if only this snake wine can cure AIDS/HIV grin
the world for better now sad
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by DaWhiz: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2013
WTF?!! Some freaking gross shiit, this! DamN shocked shocked shocked
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by segzyj(m): 10:37am On Mar 05, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]

Dis one na poison
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by hammedkola(m): 10:42am On Mar 05, 2013
seedord247: Are those snake stil alive? undecided

Go and ask google
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by saaedlee: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2013
huni_naija: Hmmm iv heard some stories about this wine, if i'm not mistaken there was a similar thread recently...

Me and my man must try some.... I want to see these healing qualities grin wink
undecided
GUESS UR MAN HAS ERECTION ISSUES THAT NEEDS HEALING! undecided
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by TUMIC(m): 11:31am On Mar 05, 2013
AND YET WHEN PEOPLE HEAR OF SOME JOINTS WHERE HUMAN MEAT DELICACY ARE SOLD IN NIGERIA, THEY CRY.... RITUALS.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND THAT.
Well may be we can start our own brand tagged:
FROG WINE
EARTHWORM CUSINE
FRIYED ANTS RICE
BAKED HUMAN BRAIN CAKE
OR EVEN GRILLED NOSE STEAK.
Please somebody pick a venue where this can be sold and let me no when to start it.
Abi e no go sell EXPECIALY with enough promotions from MITV, Silver Bird and even AIT
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by jamesope04(m): 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
I learnt this drink is used as a remedy for thunderbolt in some parts of the south west
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
Absurd indeed but how good its gonna be to get as many as possible slimmes bottled.hate them
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by dulphines: 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
seedord247: Are those snake stil alive? undecided
Yes, they are! Don't dare them!
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by ugees(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
mehn...this pictures give me goose bumps
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
igbsam: I once drank this cobra wine when i visited india...believe me you, it has a great taste. Its mild and very smooth in the mouth. After i drank it, i started feeling heat from the inside for about 5mins and then i went to ease myself, you need to see the colour of my urine, yellowish. The chinese man told me, i had so much dirt in me and i've just pissed them out. My brothers and sisters, after an hour or so, u need to see how lite i am. I felt energized and the babe wey i knack dat night sef know say something jam her. Its very medicial

DID U REALLY NEED TO ADD THAT? undecided
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Koolking(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
I dont believe those pictures. How did they manage to thrust those snakes and scorpions into those bottles and the snakes/scorpions are still whole?
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by cytellProperty: 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
I have come across this type of wine before and was offered by a catholic priest.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Neddyogu(m): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
ugotuf: VERY SOON THESE GUYS WILL COME OUT WITH HUMAN PARTS WINES AND TELL US OF THE HEALTH BENEFITS AS WELL cool
afterall, human parts are protein-based as well. Smh
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by cowgurl: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
yeah right
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by timpaker(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
This is a science laboratory joor.

I've seen it bottled like this during my secondary school days angry angry who are you trying to deceive? undecided
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by successcertain: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Maxymilliano: Snake wine and Scorpion wine are asian beverages that can be found in some Southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, Laos Cambodia, but also in Korea, and Japan.

To prepare this incredible beverage a cobra snake or some scorpions are put into a bottle fulfilled with transparent rice wine liquor and some herbs are added before the drink is left to ferment for months. The venomous cobra snake used to make Snake wine is preserved to have the snake poison dissolved in the rice wine, but because snake venoms are protein-based they are inactivated by the denaturing effects of ethanol, and no more dangerous, but this makes a healthy liquor with many health benefits.

Many types of snake drinks can be found all across Asia, but the most famous one and the only original one is the one found in Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos, the famous Snake wine that you can only find online.

Southeast Asia’s cuisine has a drink made with a twist: an entire venomous snake.

The consumption of snake wine was originally for medicinal purposes and many still drink it for those reasons. The beliefs of snakes’ healing abilities are derived from snake characteristics like agility, skin shedding, and speed. The flexibility of snakes is believed to be a good treatment for stiffness and arthritis. Their ability to shed their skin translates into a regenerative quality for skin ailments, such as acne or itching skin. Another healing property snakes are know for is their speed. Its speed represents how quickly the healing occurs and moves fast throughout the body. Some versions of this wine is made with the actual blood and bile of the snake. Snake wine is so gross and hardcore at the same time.

Culled from the net... More details at
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_wine

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Japan people don surfer so babalawo dey asian ?
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by yoyothefirst(f): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
Maxymilliano:
*Drag you back to thread and offer you a shot of snake wine on the rock, shaking, not stirred* grin
I like as u drag am come back oooo make e come drink small.hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by yoyothefirst(f): 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
Richfella:

Lol. Sorry sir! You mistake me for a certain Mr Bond. My name is Okoro grin.
ona won finish person with laugh.Bros dis one wen dey ground na Bond u go be by force no be Okoro,u go must taste small

1 Like

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by seyibrown(f): 11:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
Nah! Nah! Nah! They need to work on the packaging! grin grin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by razznaija(f): 1:30am On Mar 06, 2013
190:

grin grin grin

u wont be told
they;ll just give u the content without the snake grin grin grin grin

I don't drink/eat things without knowing its contents.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by asianguyen: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2013
Hi, sorry i found this page on Google, and I already got the wine from Buy-snake-wine shop but i am now looking for wine or liquor with tarantula or other creatures, do you know where to find ? Thanks a lot for your help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Guest Die After Meal At Katsina Wedding / How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) / Question Of The Day: Is Sugarcane A Fruit Or Vegetable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.