Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery (12827 Views)

Huh!,tongue-splitting; A New Trend (pics) / Nigerians Creating Their Own New Trend On (Kim Kardashian joined)Titled #handfie / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by sherfizle(m): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2013
Friday 1st of March seemed to be a great day as I hopped off ma bed to get ready for work. I work on marina at one of the Nigerian banks’ head offices. I got to the office at 8:00am and my colleague Emmanuel immediately shared a robbery experience he had that morning. In his words, he was stuck in traffic at 6:30am around charity bus stop driving towards Oshodi when a strange man knocked on his window and demanded for money. The guy said “fun wa lowo a fe jeun” which means “give us money for food”. To cut the story short, Emmanuel gave him five hundred naira, but the guy became so aggressive and demanded for his phone and all the money with him. As I listened to the story, I laughed at him and blamed him for giving him his belongings.

I left the office at 5:30pm that day being a Friday, u know, Friday hold up dey mad die. I live around Abule-egba area of Lagos, so I was trying to get home early. I passed third Mainland Bridge, linked Alausa secretariat, bursted out at MKO Abiola gardens and then African shrine where I got stuck in traffic. For those who are familiar with the road, you can be still for about 15 minutes before traffic starts flowing as there are usually LASTMA officials around Amaraolu Street who control the flow of those coming from Agidingbi and those trying to burst out at via Amaraolu Street.

I got there at about 8pm and could not wait to get out that traffic as all I saw were brake lights. I was in there for about a minute when suddenly, a strange looking guy hit my window with his hand and demanded for money, he raised his shirt up a lil and there it was, the pistol tucked in his jean. Me being the James bond driver that I am started looking around if there was any escape route I could take, but all to no avail, everywhere was dead blocked. I hurriedly brought out 1k from ma pocket, winded down the glass a little and stretched it to him. He smiled and demanded I took everything out of ma pocket and handed it to him. I declined and resorted to begging him in Yoruba. Like say God dey my side, the guy collected it and said it was because I’m Yoruba o, e for show me. Immediately I left the area, I called 767 (Lagos state emergency service) and reported the almost successful robbery and they promised to send the RRS. How I wan even take tell Emmanuel say the same thing happen to me after I don abuse am.

On a serious note, the security situation in the state seems to be on the upward trend, we all need to be very careful and channel it to the appropriate authorities .

9 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by sharpshap(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
No be small thing O! Thank God for you!
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
LMAO!!

ok seriously, that's messed up.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Pacesetter2: 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hope no be say your friend curse you?....so pathetic....i'll take note...Thanks.

But go beg your friend

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
Oko O ni Baje Ooooooooooo
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
For you all from other tribes, better have/get an M9 beretta or something that looks tougher and scarier than a locally made pistol. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by gboodoo(m): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
d depressing part of whole tin is dia is alwaz security nearby yet dey wont do a tin even if u shout til thy kingdom cum
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
LOL
i hope the so called "Lagos state emergency service" responded cheesy
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by AkinDavid2: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sorry..very pathetic but this is robbery.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by FineBro(m): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
That one na Toy Gun.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by blank(f): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
It has happened to me before at Ozumba around 7pm.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Abujafood: 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
Abuja is much safer and saner! I grew up in Lagos and I know what being robbed in traffic is like. Don't know whether to feel good about it!
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thats Lagos for you. I pray that i don't experience or even meet those guys.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by TableLeg(m): 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
OK!
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by 1shortblackboy: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
gboodoo: d depressing part of whole tin is dia is alwaz security nearby yet dey wont do a tin even if u shout til thy kingdom cum
prcipitate ? cheesy
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by NnamdiN: 3:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
buy ur own gun grin
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Beaf1: 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
sharp_shap: No be small thing O! Thank God for you!

^
This your moniker na wa o. Sure say no be u rob these guys?

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by saddlepoint: 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
fresh air transformation
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by coalcoal1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
This trend has been on for a long time. Some areas such as mile 2 are very notorious. I remember some years back when my sister and her husband were robbed at mile 2. The armed robbers did not even knock. The broke the side windows with hammer, brought out their guns and robbed successfully while others were looking
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Legalplayerz: 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
Please I have a question, is it illegal to have/carry a registered firearm in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by venatus25(m): 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
bro. we thank God for saving your live, first of all who is to be blame as result of this sinful act? is it not de lagos state government? yes" they are de cause of this since de government choose to render thousand of our poor brothers and sisters homeless without any provision of accomodation to them in the name of cleaning Lagos. what do you think will be the next action especial as this also affect "those that were brought up by the street"?

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by delors(m): 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mtscheww! Go to Under-bridge along Badagry Expressway. Go to Mile 2 bridge towards oshodi, Toyota area along Oshodi expressway, CMS bridge towards Costain, Idumota road bursting to Eko bridge...bros, na everyday affair bros, we don sabi dem...some go even hail u...tell u about how Arsenal been disappoint them by allowing Man United win...den, '...so bros, wetin dey there inside your pocket? Abeg, free something make man move abeg...' Fail to cooperate on that one, bros, na sharp knife, 'bante' (charmed string) or gun u go see...dem nor born u well make u no cooperate as per say traffic nor dey move anywhere. Lolz...LAGOS LIFE EH! YOU O FEAR AFRAID BROS!!! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by JMystique(m): 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
gboodoo: d depressing part of whole tin is dia is alwaz security nearby yet dey wont do a tin even if u shout til thy kingdom cum

Abeg how d kingdom dey take precipitate....seriously this nairaland editing dey bust person head with laff lol,precipitate ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by aieromon(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
That area is one of many where people rob you in traffic at night.

Stay safe and avoid that whole stretch of Lateef Jakande road at night.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by NaijaNaWaa: 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
Happy survival but this tory don tey welu welu.

Way way back around 1996 I was mobbed like that in broad day light along inner Marina, front Union Bank Headquarters. I actually thought it was a joke or some ordinary area boys in search of feeding money. When they brandished guns brandished guns and two possible ways came to mind. One escape thro any available route (in this case thro the car park and burst into outer Marina) or second, if that fails, ram my car into any other car and cause enough commotion forcing all drivers out their cars. Well, I used the second option and escaped but my guy who was in my car had already emptied his pocket for them.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Burger01(m): 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
There was a time, just around Oshodi Oke on the bridge in a fairly slow moving traffic, this dirty looking guy just pop out from nowhere held onto my C240 side mirror and threatened to remove the side mirror unless i would give him some money. God! i was livid with rage and suddenly matched on the brake then swerved to my right to crush his freaking figure against the demarcating bridge iron barrier... sensing danger he took to his heels.. I wish I had a piece on me I would simply blast his brain off...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by israel007: 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Legalplayerz: Please I have a question, is it illegal to have/carry a registered firearm in Nigeria?

Pls don't give anyone ideas. You can carry your firearms wherever you are but please leave us in Nigeria alone
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by madamebebe(f): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Eyaa sorry OP.. You even have hope in the Nigerian police. cry
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by brightk(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
Lagos is overcrowded. they are just trying to concentrate all kinds of businesses there and dats very very very bad.. ....imagine the population in the next 5yrs..if fashola like make dem use all d land. e nor go change d fact say everywhere overcrowd
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
THIS EXAMPLE IS A CLEAR REASON WHY WE MUST SAFEGUARD OUR TRIBAL UNITY AND BROTHERHOOD!

WHEN EVERYONE ELSE ABANDONES US, OUR TRIBES WILL STAY BY OUR SIDE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / The Biggest 419 Job Ever ($242m) - The Mother Of All Cons / Eight Students Killed In Ewekoro Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.