Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery (12818 Views)

Huh!,tongue-splitting; A New Trend (pics) / Nigerians Creating Their Own New Trend On (Kim Kardashian joined)Titled #handfie / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by 5much(m): 10:29am On Mar 05, 2013
There are no guarantees, but here are some of the ways you can avoid them or scare them off.
(1) WIND UP:this will scare some of them but the very determined ones will still come around
(2)LAW ENFORCEMENT PARAPHINELIA: Display army,police,civil defence, Lastma, KAI beret,belt, face cap etc
(3) FULL/HALF TINTED GLASS:Ensure the whole glasses are tinted. if you dont fancy d whole glass being tinted, ensure the back sit glasses are tinted.They wouldn't know if an officer with a gun is in d car.they don't just go for vehicles,they survey them 1st.
(4)Hit the Car in front of you slightly the occupants will angrily come out nd d hoodlums will disappear. just cause commotion.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by gregmay: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2013
hahahahahaha...laf wan divorce ma belle...u 4no laf am...lol..bt God save u sha...d guy for shw u sango d god of iron!...lol
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by gregmay: 11:19am On Mar 05, 2013
lol @5much..nice 1....wat if n d proces of d xecution of ur No. 4 hint d hudlum tinkz u want to runawai nd opens fire in d proces nko?
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by successcertain: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2013
Similar case happened to me few days to my departure from Nigeria in 2010 and i suspected it has been going on for long time. I had a problem with my air France ticket and It was about 8 pm in the evening the traffic was massive and i was so stressed and pissed so i wined down the side mirror just to geta breath of fresh air while chilling and waiting in the hold up along Apapa expressway way suddenly a young man in his late 30 approached my car i thought he was one of those hawkers in the traffic until until he asked me to help him with little money to eat, i asked my fiance to give him a thousand naira from the 50,000 naira in her bag that i budget to reschedule ticket but we didn't succeeded because air France demanded more and my credit card already maxed out and was at wit end because naija don chop my money finish.

Suddenly after we gave him the 1 k naira note he became aggressive and pointed gun at my fiance telling her to give him the whole bag i was paralyzed saying no is not possible, her french passport and mine were all in the bag and we wouldnt risk been stranded in naija, the guy started pointing gun threatening to kill us and when i started speaking in Yoruba saying omo ki lode ti on fi oju mi gbole ni iwaju alejo e lo ni owo to fe ? so he said oh i nor know say you be yoruba abeg nor vex and he took off. Na God save man pickin that night my enemy for done turn to banbi allah for naija with my french darkie fianc. All my friends don run comot cuz akate don dey blink red light and it was time to Go na God save me.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by jidewin(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
Legalplayerz: Please I have a question, is it illegal to have/carry a registered firearm in Nigeria?
I remember quite well my discussion with one of the RRS guys concerning procuring firearm and he simply briefed me thus:
1. By Law you can only procure and possess firearm for hunting purpose which must be licensed by at least the DPO of the station where you are residing.
2.The only permissible type of firearm for hunting (self defense as the case often turns to be) are
A: Double Barrell semi-automatic rifle
B: Pump Action (comes with detacheable end barrell) preferable 8 round dispenser
You will be issued this with a license for hunting and be able to purchase live rounds from accredited firearms dealers.try and google or better still ask a cool headed cop where to get this.but as at 2010,an 8 round pump action rifles goes btw 250-350k depending on your bargaining power.
For smaller firearms,only two persons could grant you the license in Nigeria and they are:
1. The President of the federation
2. The IG (big boss) himself.
Else,possession of small arms and firearms is illegal and could earn you life in prisonment.
However,I know some top shots procures the licensed hunting rifles,but also procure AKs.I've seen some security agents guarding one of our current serving senator in lagos brandishing those types of firearms you see american SWATw carrying for OPs.
This is what Henry Okah and his boys were majorly into before he went Mega supply from one coast to the other.
I'm sure if you check at tin can island.Apapa.you should be able to meet few licensed firearms dealer in Lagos.Even at sabo market in Kano.but I don't know with all the BH probs if they still run the biz there.its not hidden in kano at all.
Anyway,in naija,heaven helps those who are determined to help themselves.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Bebetter: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
Burger01:
Lol.. Good one. As for me, I need pepper spray, Tazer and a semi automatic chrome plated piece..

cool cool cool Bad guy things!
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by lozanni(m): 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
The way to avoid being robbed on the Oshodi- Apapa Expressway is to keep to the middle lanes when you get to charity bus stop inward Toyota, as some nasty area boys/drug addicts normally stand at the Road divider waiting to pounce on unsuspecting motorists and dispossess them of their money and belongings.

I have witnessed the above incidents on a number of occasions, mostly on Fridays or on the onset of a public holiday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / How To Create A Topic On Nairaland / Eight Students Killed In Ewekoro Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.