Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie (32881 Views)

Photos Of The First Nigerian Actors Before 1930 / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses / Most Handsome Nigerian Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by redcliff: 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Director: So it’s a different movie, and different story line.

Nigerian Actor: Okay

Director: But you know that guy you played in 2007? That angry Chief?

Nigerian Actor: Yes.

Director: We want you to do exactly the same things you did then here.

That, my good friends, is the sort of conversation that happens all over Nigeria in Nollywood sets everyday.

Well, they better be. It has come to my attention that certain actors have basically been playing the same character for the whole of their career. Sure, the names change, and so do the sets, sometimes the story lines change too, but if you’re honest you’ll just know that it’s the same guy they’re portraying. It just seems that every time you stumble upon a Nigerian film, you’ll see these particular people doing the same things.

TOP TEN NIGERIAN ACTORS WHO ARE THE SAME GUY IN EVERY MOVIE.

MR IBU

It should go without saying that Mr Ibu is Mr Ibu in every movie. Sometimes he’s a teacher, a priest, a lazy good for nothing lout lazying around doing nothing good, but every character revolves around the person of Mr Ibu. Which basically consists of him figuring out the most annoying things to do and say and then doing and saying them.

The most annoying thing is I’m sure Mr Ibu’s real name is not Mr Ibu. That just shows you the lengths he’ll go in order to annoy anyone. I think in real life he acts as Mr Ibu. And Mr Ibu gets hired to act as other people in movies.

Click here to see why he’s also one of Top Ten Worst Nigerians Ever.

AKI AND PAWPAW as AKI AND PAWPAW
[img]http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/21/eG5scGp0MTI=_o_aki-pawpaw-dance-awilo.jpg[/img]

When it comes to being the same guys in every movie, it almost doesn’t get better that these two guys. Look, pick any single film involving both of them together, ANY FILM I say, and I can give you an accurate description of what they’ll be doing. 1) They will be related. And if they aren’t , they’ll be in cahoots. 2) They’ll be in the Village. 3) They will neither be heroes nor villains, just funny guys doing funny things to funny people. They will also be speaking in those mildly grating high pitched tones we’ve all grown to love.

HANK: THE BAD BOY WITH INEXPLICABLE FOREIGN ACCENT
Hank always is and will be the Bad Guy With A Foreign Accent. The movie can begin in some village consisting of 3 huts and one Babalawo. When you see some tall, hunky looking fellow speaking in a close lipped American accent- and doing this despite never having been outside Nigeria as far as the plot is concerned- just know it’s Hanks.

This is an aside, but let me say I have noticed the fellow has a penchant for getting involved in ridiculous storylines. There’s one I could tell you guys about, but quite frankly, I’m not sure you would believe me.

UKWA: IGNORANT GUY FROM THE VILLAGE

You know this guy as Ukwa or Usoufia, names he’s received from eponymous movies. He’s just the jolly ignorant guy from the village basically. Every single time.

PATIENCE UZOKWOR: EVERYBODY’S WICKED STEP MOTHER

Patience Uzoku has been everybody’s wicked stepmother for as long as we can remember. She’s been everybody on this list’s step mother. Even if the movie release poster shows her all dressed up in nun’s clothes and holding a Nobel prize, you just know that as soon as you start watching the movie, she will be wickeding someone’s step child. The plot might call for her to be a scientific heroine discovering the cure to cancer, but you just know that in her spare time, she’ll find a waytobe mean to some unfortunate bloke or lass.

Why evils?

PETE EDOCHIE, MAN OF WISDOM

It’s a bird. No, it’s a plane. No, it’s Pete Edochie saying another proverb. Pete Edochie is full of it. Proverbs, I mean. He has one for every situation. If a knew Chief needs to be elected: “The Elders have a saying,”The head of the yam… must also go into the pot.”"

Or say his daughter’s about to wed, watch him pull her fiance to the side and go, “The cock that crows too early….should be aware that the butcher’s knife is coming.”

Or say, he just came down to the kitchen for a midnight snack, opened the fridge and discovered there’s no peanut butter. He’ll be like, “Amadioha knows that the jar…is neither half full…nor half empty.” grin grin grin grin grin

JIM IYKE: YOUR QUINTESSENTIAL BAD BOY

Jim Iyke is just the Bad Guy. You watch a thousand movies of him being the same tough, hard hitting, frowning guy, and you wonder why. Then you bump into him and the hard truth hits you: He isn’t acting.

OLU JACOBS: THE CONGENIAL AVUNCULAR CHAP

Here’s the congenial avuncular chap, if there ever was one. I dare anyone to show me a movie in which he was not being someone’s uncle and dispensing advice from beneath his mustache. There’s this one movie where he’s the girl’s father, but it takes you a while to figure that out because he’s acting like her uncle.

VIEW COMPLETE LIST

34 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by nellaluv(f): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
'...she will be wickeding
someone’s step child..'
This got me roflmao grin grin you go fear fear cheesy

Oh and you forgot to add
Kananyo O. Kananyo: 'The ritualist'
Jim Iyke: Bad boy. For him mind he dey form sexy ladies man lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Akshow: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
in addition genevive as the hot sexy dish, omotola always playing a teenager or a woman in her early twenties (for her left mind), majid or what is this ghanian guy's name always a bad play boy and most importantly, seun's personal person, toooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnto dike always the bad nauri gal grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Sweetapple007(f): 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
Who is this.
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by BlackPeni5: 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
No 11. Emeka Ike...Always forming local love.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by imeller: 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Cossy- ??
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
LMFAO especially at Pete Edochie's proverbs.

I think it was even called Pete Edochie bars on twitter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by logontech: 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
PETE EDOCHE, Know for his evil did for every movie

OLU JACOB, always a king most of the movie

add more
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by jhydebaba(m): 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
Baba suwe nko Or yoruba movie no dey part of nollywood.

In other news....

Jonathan don give nollywood money, den dey share money we dey here dey waste time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by mac73(m): 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hmm, that would be just about every Nigerian actor in just about every movie they star in. If the word "stereotype" were an actor, you know for sure Nollywood would stereotype it!
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kanayo O Kanayo: the cultist
Chioma Chukwuka: Virgin maria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
Baba suwe: always playing a over sabi house help,or office help,bold enough to beat his boss. He only up his game,by adding drugs courier service to his roles(though in real life).most times his jokes are over flogged,and dry.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okay !! Thank God i don't do naija movies .... so i don't have iota of time to notice all those bullcrap
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by pweeryambre: 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
Chinwetalu agu: always having to repeat one particular phrase till it gets too monotonious and starts biting u in the ears.
Mercy johnson: gal from village dat brightens up over night in the big city.
Rita dominic; rich mans child or princess who is always been refused to marry her love.
Ini edo; runs girl
Uche jumbo: somebodys best friend and never the main character.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
Lol . . . There are some of them too that only do a pastor or investigator, ave no idea what their names are

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
pweeryambre: Chinwetalu agu: always having to repeat one particular phrase till it gets too monotonious and starts biting u in the ears.
Mercy johnson: gal from village dat brightens up over night in the big city.
Rita dominic; rich mans child or princess who is always been refused to marry her love.
Ini edo; runs girl
Uche jumbo: somebodys best friend and never the main character.
LMFAO!! spot on.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: Lol . . . There are some of them too that only do a pastor or investigator, ave no idea what their names are
or those ones that act only as bodyguards or assassins.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by mysticgal(f): 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
ini edo,kings daughter or a rich personality,ramsey nouah..loverboy.chioma chukwuka..cry cry.
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Tolexander: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dejo Tunfulu- the slowpoke.
Abija-the charmist with short dane gun.
Dagunro-wicked man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
what about Tonto-dike grin
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Biggyd2: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: Lol . . . There are some of them too that only do a pastor or investigator, ave no idea what their names are

The Investigator should be Sam Dede or the Rambo of the film. LOL
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
redcliff:
PETE EDOCHIE, MAN OF WISDOM

It’s a bird. No, it’s a plane. No, it’s Pete Edochie saying another proverb. Pete Edochie is full of it. Proverbs, I mean. He has one for every situation. If a knew Chief needs to be elected: “The Elders have a saying,”The head of the yam… must also go into the pot.”"

Or say his daughter’s about to wed, watch him pull her fiance to the side and go, “The cock that crows too early….should be aware that the butcher’s knife is coming.”

Or say, he just came down to the kitchen for a midnight snack, opened the fridge and discovered there’s no peanut butter. He’ll be like, “Amadioha knows that the jar…is neither half full…nor half empty.” grin grin grin grin grin

Oh Gawd grin grin grin grin grin grin

or 'the tongue cannot claim to be ignorant of what the mouth is chewing'

'Just because the sun is too hot does not mean the fowl will lay boiled eggs'

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by mysticgal(f): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
ngozi ezeonu;queen mother.hafiz oyetoro;hilarious gateman.john dummelo,feke feke loverboy
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by maingwaest(f): 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Nkiru Silvanus, village girl; Joke silva, grammarian mum always threatening her son or daughter inlaws. patrick Doyle, Americana ; Tonto Dike, bad babe.
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by 1shortblackboy: 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
cheesy

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by darmiee1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
I Prefer mr. Ibu

Also see this:

Oops! Model Exposes N*pple on Stage at Soundcity Event

www.splendormag.com/2013/02/oops-model-flashes-nipple-on-stage-at.html?m=1
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by nmagirl(f): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
[color=#990000]the day i'll start appreciating nollywood movies is d day teenagers will act a complete movie without d agbayas still wearing school uniform, still playing primary and secondary school pupil/students when we have young boys and girls dat can play dat role.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by mysticgal(f): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
jakie appiah.beautiful influencial girlie.nadia beautifull take home lovergal.kenneth okonkwo,well dressed mafia.
Re: Nigerian Actors Who Are The Same In Every Movie by DisGuy: 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
all of them

Ini Edo

Tonto Dikeh

Halima Abubakar and all the blackberry babes crew playing unemployed big girls living large

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Laycon Becomes The First Housemate To Get 1M Instagram Followers / DSTV Subscription Hike: I Won’t Subscribe Again – OPM General Overseer / BBNaija: Uriel Caught Kissing Neo After Saturday Night Party (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.