Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here (23793 Views)

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation / Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by mhoo(f): 9:58am On Apr 14, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: Please,what position did u apply for?
Business Development Marketing.
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by dagzy(f): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hey guys...ow r we preparing for the GSK Assessment centre (the next stage after the first interview) coming up on the 18th and 19th. I presume the successful candidates all got a mail. Will it be according to the functions one applied to or its going to b a general thing? Looking forward to your responses.

P.S: I applied for a Supply Chain function. Any other person with a common function?
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2013
Una congrats o, ol my country people wey gsk done respond to.
Abeg,ds one ma question o, for ol of una wai gsk invite go interview, meaning say una excel for the computer based exam. Na true say if pesin write computer based exam hin must to submit at the end of the test? Say if pesin no submit, which mean say dey computer jst off after time up, is as good as make hin write manual exam and no submit am and so dey pesin done automatically fail?
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
dagzy: Hey guys...ow r we preparing for the GSK Assessment centre (the next stage after the first interview) coming up on the 18th and 19th. I presume the successful candidates all got a mail. Will it be according to the functions one applied to or its going to b a general thing? Looking forward to your responses.

P.S: I applied for a Supply Chain function. Any other person with a common function?That is the same question on my mind oo but nobody that has been invited seem to be interested in talking about the way forward.I applied for engineering and manufacturing,tho supply chain was my alternative dept at the interview

Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
dagzy: Hey guys...ow r we preparing for the GSK Assessment centre (the next stage after the first interview) coming up on the 18th and 19th. I presume the successful candidates all got a mail. Will it be according to the functions one applied to or its going to b a general thing? Looking forward to your responses.

P.S: I applied for a Supply Chain function. Any other person with a common function?

Hi dagzy, congrats to you and others who passed the interview stage. Pls may I ask if you did your interview at Lagos or Abuja? I had mine at Abuja and I'm yet to hear any news. Thanks a lot.
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by dagzy(f): 7:34am On Apr 15, 2013
@Jesusbabygirl: let's hope ppl start talking soon and let's do our own research as well. Engineerin&Manufacturing was my own alternate fxn.
@TomClancy: I had myinterview at Ilupeju in Lagos. Keep ur fingers crossed for something good from them soon. It is well!
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:49am On Apr 15, 2013
dagzy: @Jesusbabygirl: let's hope ppl start talking soon and let's do our own research as well. Engineerin&Manufacturing was my own alternate fxn.
@TomClancy: I had myinterview at Ilupeju in Lagos. Keep ur fingers crossed for something good from them soon. It is well!
Alrice oo,in ur research please try to find out if d group work et all will be as par wat u aplied for
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 15, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: Alrice oo,in ur research please try to find out if d group work et all will be as par wat u aplied for
@jesusbabygirl, congrats on getting to the assessment centre stage! A graduate trainee that started last year told me that theirs involved a group exercise, among other activities. So its safer to expect it, although gsk will contact with further details.
By the way, was your interview at Lagos or Abuja? Thanks.
@dagzy, thanks so much for the info. It seems to me that only the lagos people have been contacted. I'd give it a few days sha. All the best in your assessment centre!
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2013
TomClancy:
@jesusbabygirl, congrats on getting to the assessment centre stage! A graduate trainee that started last year told me that theirs involved a group exercise, among other activities. So its safer to expect it, although gsk will contact with further details.
By the way, was your interview at Lagos or Abuja? Thanks.
@dagzy, thanks so much for the info. It seems to me that only the lagos people have been contacted. I'd give it a few days sha. All the best in your assessment centre!
Tanx,aso did mine in Lagos.Ure still yet to tackle d issue I v,wat I rily want to know is if there's a technical aspect to d whole tin,as in will d engr ple b grouped seperately,d finance pple seperately,etc?.Am also curious to know if there's anoda stage after d upcoming stage?

1 Like

Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by cutey2013: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: twas mail oo.This is the mail:
Dear Jesusbabygirl,

Congratulations!

We are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted to proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process for the GSK Future Leaders (Graduate Trainee) programme. Please note that the next stage is scheduled to hold on the 18

th and 19

th of April, 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria.

Further details will be communicated to you shortly.

Kindly save the dates.

Thank you for your interest in GlaxoSmithKline.

Regards,

GSK Recruitment Team

kindly forward me any material i could use in preparing for aptitude test to lydia.ehiabhi@gmail.com
thanks
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by mhoo(f): 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
just got details from GSK... They have confirmed it is an assessment centre and mine is scheduled for thursday which happens to be my bday! Been bugging random pple for details even before we had the first interview so lemme share details...
One person said
"... I passed and was called for the final interview where the directors would be around, u would be given someone to monitor you. Series of test, first is a group test in which u need to figure out how to place some visitors in different rooms in a hotel given various character on how placement could be done. then a biometric test which involve one on one interview with the person monitoring u. then u would be giving an article to study and do a discussion with the same person attached to u. make sure u jot down u point when presenting to him. There are two person attached to one director, u are to watch the other person closely as they would ask u to do so and tell what u observe that is good about the person and the bad thing about the person as well. After all this, u would then do a general discussion, they want to see ur contributions. Also ensure you are either coordinating the event or you are the one to present to them as 1 person would be allowed to do the presentation.It was a long day. Just be at your best."

Another said...
"I'll start from the salary, the salary they offered Graduate Trainees (as at 2010) was N100K per month (and I believe that's before tax).
The activities for the Assessment day were in 3 or 4 sections. The 1st was a Case Study/Group Discussion where you'll be given a typical business scenario (if I remember well, the story talked about boxers, analyzing which would be better; whether one with STAMINA/RESILIENCE- having the capability to absorb so many punches; or one with FLEXIBILITY- having the capability to dodge many punches), so relating these attributes with a company...something like that sha. Eventually you'll all discuss as a group then come up with a common ground which you will now present to the assessors/interviewers.
The 2nd activity is going to be a 1-on-1 interview with an assessor about your personal opinion of the case study.
The 3rd activity was called THE KEYBOARD EXERCISE. I can't really go much into the detail, but it was really interesting. You would be grouped into teams, and will then be required to compete against each other and against time. This aspect really had to do with good logical analytical skills.

Then the last (4th activity) is when you would have to meet with your assigned assessor (two candidates per assessor). I should mention to you that at the beginning of the assessment day, each of you would have been assigned a fellow candidate who would be your "TRACKER" (I can't remember the exact word they called it then) throughout the course of the assessment day. You would be his/her TRACKER in return. The idea is that the TRACKER (candidate) will be observing you carefully throughout the assessment day activities (while you also do the same to him/her as your "TRACKEE"wink. So, at the end of all the activities of the day, the last activity would be when you both sit with your assigned assessor and give each other feedback about your observations on your TRACKEE.
There'll be a teabreak in the course of the day, and then lunch at the end.
Their entire recruitment process took about 4 to 5 months."

and another said...
"So sorry. This reply is apparently coming late. I do hope it's useful in a way. For graduate trainee, it's 100000naira except it's changed. Career progression depends on your path. For bdm, depending on if you are a flier, it's quite fast. For manufacturing, not as impressive but is being reviewed... From the first interview to resumption of work : took 6-7weeks"

Now thaz my contribution... others had better not hoard info o seeing that I have been so generous with mine. lol!
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
mhoo: just got details from GSK... They have confirmed it is an assessment centre and mine is scheduled for thursday which happens to be my bday! Been bugging random pple for details even before we had the first interview so lemme share details...
One person said
"... I passed and was called for the final interview where the directors would be around, u would be given someone to monitor you. Series of test, first is a group test in which u need to figure out how to place some visitors in different rooms in a hotel given various character on how placement could be done. then a biometric test which involve one on one interview with the person monitoring u. then u would be giving an article to study and do a discussion with the same person attached to u. make sure u jot down u point when presenting to him. There are two person attached to one director, u are to watch the other person closely as they would ask u to do so and tell what u observe that is good about the person and the bad thing about the person as well. After all this, u would then do a general discussion, they want to see ur contributions. Also ensure you are either coordinating the event or you are the one to present to them as 1 person would be allowed to do the presentation.It was a long day. Just be at your best."

Another said...
"I'll start from the salary, the salary they offered Graduate Trainees (as at 2010) was N100K per month (and I believe that's before tax).
The activities for the Assessment day were in 3 or 4 sections. The 1st was a Case Study/Group Discussion where you'll be given a typical business scenario (if I remember well, the story talked about boxers, analyzing which would be better; whether one with STAMINA/RESILIENCE- having the capability to absorb so many punches; or one with FLEXIBILITY- having the capability to dodge many punches), so relating these attributes with a company...something like that sha. Eventually you'll all discuss as a group then come up with a common ground which you will now present to the assessors/interviewers.
The 2nd activity is going to be a 1-on-1 interview with an assessor about your personal opinion of the case study.
The 3rd activity was called THE KEYBOARD EXERCISE. I can't really go much into the detail, but it was really interesting. You would be grouped into teams, and will then be required to compete against each other and against time. This aspect really had to do with good logical analytical skills.

Then the last (4th activity) is when you would have to meet with your assigned assessor (two candidates per assessor). I should mention to you that at the beginning of the assessment day, each of you would have been assigned a fellow candidate who would be your "TRACKER" (I can't remember the exact word they called it then) throughout the course of the assessment day. You would be his/her TRACKER in return. The idea is that the TRACKER (candidate) will be observing you carefully throughout the assessment day activities (while you also do the same to him/her as your "TRACKEE"wink. So, at the end of all the activities of the day, the last activity would be when you both sit with your assigned assessor and give each other feedback about your observations on your TRACKEE.

and another said...
"So sorry. This reply is apparently coming late. I do hope it's useful in a way. For graduate trainee, it's 100000naira except it's changed. Career progression depends on your path. For bdm, depending on if you are a flier, it's quite fast. For manufacturing, not as impressive but is being reviewed... From the first interview to resumption of work : took 6-7weeks"

Now thaz my contribution... others had better not hoard info o seeing that I have been so generous with mine. lol!
Ww,Mhoo,big thumbd up to u.I pray u get the job dear,this is certainly going to be helpful.I would v shared info if I had but I seem nt to know any1 working or linked to any1 at GSK.Still pressing for more tho.Still wondering tho if d salary and assesment centre stuff u posted r recent.Thanks sister,see u at the top,HBD in advance.Mine is for friday tho
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
mhoo: just got details from GSK... They have confirmed it is an assessment centre and mine is scheduled for thursday which happens to be my bday! Been bugging random pple for details even before we had the first interview so lemme share details...
One person said

Another said...

and another said...

Ww,Mhoo,big thumbd up to u.I pray u get the job dear,this is certainly going to be helpful.I would v shared info if I had but I seem nt to know any1 working or linked to any1 at GSK.Still pressing for more tho.Still wondering tho if d salary and assesment centre stuff u posted r recent.Thanks sister,see u at the top,HBD in advance.Mine is for friday tho
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Somfy: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
Congrats for those who got called; but I want to know whether they will still call others, because I didn't get any mail after the interview apart from the one that said I should copy my CV to them. All the best to all of us.
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
@ Mhoo,I trust ure getting ready for d big day.Please do u know that venue well?,I nid description on how to get dere on friday
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by mhoo(f): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: @ Mhoo,I trust ure getting ready for d big day.Please do u know that venue well?,I nid description on how to get dere on friday

Trying to prep. Don't know the venue well but from the idea I have, I think the Opebi link road they r refern to is the one that connects from Mobolaji Bank Anthony way not the one from Oregun. Will be easier to access if one takes an Opebi/Allen bus from Maryland (Google map tells me Ayeni close is the first turning right once you access Opebi link road from this route) or a Yaba (and environs) bus from Allen/Opebi axis.
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
Guys so all dis tracker and trackee wahala just for 100k? Nawaoo
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
michaeled45: Guys so all dis tracker and trackee wahala just for 100k? Nawaoo
I guess d 100k was some yrs ago.R u also going for d assessment centre?
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: I guess d 100k was some yrs ago.R u also going for d assessment centre?
naa am not oo. Got dropped at the dragnet stage.
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Somfy: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
@Jesusbabygirl; do you think that there will be another assessment for others after this one?
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Somfy: @Jesusbabygirl; do you think that there will be another assessment for others after this one?
cant say,maybe there could
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 5:52am On Apr 18, 2013
Mhoo and dose going for the asessment centre today,Wish u God's kinda success

1 Like

Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
@dagzy,is urs today or tommorow?,whichever way,pls wen u replied d mail of d assessment centre confirming dat u will be attending d event,did u get anoda mail after dat?
@mhoo,how did it go?,trust it went well,pls did u get any oda mail after replying their invitation to assessment centre mail,cos I didnt
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by mhoo(f): 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Jesusbabygirl: @dagzy,is urs today or tommorow?,whichever way,pls wen u replied d mail of d assessment centre confirming dat u will be attending d event,did u get anoda mail after dat?
@mhoo,how did it go?,trust it went well,pls did u get any oda mail after replying their invitation to assessment centre mail,cos I didnt

Thank you so much dear... it went well. Didn't get a mail as a direct reply to that one I sent but yes, got a mail containing an attachment ystday evenn; guess u should av gotn same by now.
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by mhoo(f): 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
TomClancy:

Hi dagzy, congrats to you and others who passed the interview stage. Pls may I ask if you did your interview at Lagos or Abuja? I had mine at Abuja and I'm yet to hear any news. Thanks a lot.

Met a babe today that did her first stage @ ABj
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by scarletdp(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
Like fine wine you got no choice but to grow better with the years happy birthday mhoo
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Jesusbabygirl(f): 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
mhoo:

Thank you so much dear... it went well. Didn't get a mail as a direct reply to that one I sent but yes, got a mail containing an attachment ystday evenn; guess u should av gotn same by now.
What was d content?,I v not gotten anytin oo
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by dagzy(f): 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
@ Jesusbabygirl, my assessment is tomorrow. I got 2 emails anyway, one from the NG Assessment Centre giving me the details of Assessment Centre n all dat and one from the sender of the initial invite to assessment centre email dt she wasn't in d office n will b respondin to emails as soon as shez back. Dose are the emails I got. One is important, one is not. So... all d best in ur assessment, guess u r 4 2mrw as well.
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by mhoo(f): 11:55am On Apr 21, 2013
scarletdp: Like fine wine you got no choice but to grow better with the years happy birthday mhoo

Just seeing this. Amin! Thank you so much!
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
mhoo:

Met a babe today that did her first stage @ ABj

Hi mhoo, thanks so much for your response, I'm very grateful! I hope your assessment centre went well, wishing you the very best outcome!

Would you mind helping me out with this other question...I'm a bit confused though, was the first stage she referred to the test taking stage or the interview stage? I was interviewed at Abuja, so I was wondering if they're still going to get back to us. Would you possibly have any idea if more assessment centres will be held? Did the GSK assessors mention any such thing on the day? Thanks in advance for your response!
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by favoured247(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2013
Interesting
Re: GSK Aptitude Test Invitation...lets Meet Here by mhoo(f): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
TomClancy:

Hi mhoo, thanks so much for your response, I'm very grateful! I hope your assessment centre went well, wishing you the very best outcome!

Would you mind helping me out with this other question...I'm a bit confused though, was the first stage she referred to the test taking stage or the interview stage? I was interviewed at Abuja, so I was wondering if they're still going to get back to us. Would you possibly have any idea if more assessment centres will be held? Did the GSK assessors mention any such thing on the day? Thanks in advance for your response!

She had her first interview in Abj. They didn't mention anything about any other upcoming assessment centre...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Life Skills Are Not Taught In School? / Massive Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Accenture / Npower Batch C Beneficiaries Who Have Received October Stipend Should Post Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.