Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem (8089 Views)

Buhari Shed Tears As 90 Year Old Woman Donates N1 Million For His Campaign / STELLA ODUAH TO Journalist-you Don’t Read Or Understand English / Atiku Donates N75M For The Eradication Of Polio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Maxymilliano(m): 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has given succour of $10, 000 (about N1.5million)to Mr. Anslem Odo, a journalist with the Voice of Nigeria, VON, who is suffering from kidney failure and needs about N7million for surgery.

Atiku, who made the donation through the Head of his Media Office, Mallam Garba Shehu, said he was moved by the plight of Odo based on the appeal by the Nigeria Union of Journalists, FCT Council.

This was contained in a press statement signed by the Secretary of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, FCT Council, Mr. Emmanuel Ogbeche.

According to Shehu, the former Vice president as a friend of the media and owner is concerned about issues that affect journalists in the country and would always support matters that concern them.

He used the opportunity to condole with the NUJ FCT Council and the entire media family over the death of Mr. John-Abba Ogbodo of The Guardian Newspapers.

Atiku described the late Ogbodo as a thorough professional who was not only humble but committed and full of integrity.

Speaking at the presentation, Comrade Chuks Ehirim, chairman of NUJ FCT Council, commended the former Vice President for the gesture and said the Council was not surprised given his love for humanity.

Ehirim enjoined other Nigerians to emulate Atiku and help in saving the life of Odo.

On her part, the chairperson of NUJ VON chapel and Odo Fund Raising Committee, Mrs. Rafat Salami, described the donation as timely and a major boost to the campaign to save Odo.

http://newsdiaryonline.com/atiku-donates-10-000-to-journalist-with-kidney-problem/

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
2015 things abi? anyway nice gesture from him

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
Am i the only one wondering why he didn't foot the cost for the entire bill?

19 Likes

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Tolexander: 6:14am On Mar 05, 2013
I understand that this is the time to turn father xmas.
How many of such donations did he make between 1999-2007?
Sharp man! Couldn't donate to the needy in his surrounding but a journalist that will openly preach the gospel of the donation.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by dannywest: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2013
Now I know he would contest in 2015 grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2013
Tolexander: I understand that this is the time to turn father xmas.
Sharp man! Couldn't donate to the needy in his surrounding but a journalist that will openly preach the gospel of the donation.

Nigerians.....

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by yuzedo: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
No you aren't.. grin But half bread is better than moi-moi.. Besides, do you want his campaign money to finish? Or his aristo money? cheesy
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Maxlaw(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2013
1.5 out of 7m na wa o

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Tolexander: I understand that this is the time to turn father xmas.
Sharp man! Couldn't donate to the needy in. his surrounding but a journalist that will openly preach the gospel of the donation.
@Tolexander u make since from ur write up.this is d second time he donate money this year. i fear o
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by ichommy(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2013
Good, oga i hope this 1 no be for 2015
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2013
2015 is fast approaching and everybody dey form saint!! cheii! Naija I hail thee!! grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by brownlord: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2013
Thunder fire atiku generation, so because of 1.5 nai em carry the thin come media say em donate money, well make una advise am else e whole money go finish before 2015

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Slickest(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2013
thank you atiku but u no fit chop president

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by henryadex(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2013
991: 2015 is fast approaching and everybody dey form saint!! cheii! Naija I hail thee!! grin

Na sooo But him do something sha
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by yagbaboy1(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2013
Maxlaw: 1.5 out of 7m na wa o
. . .which one u don donate? Even if na 5 kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by ZUBY77(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2013
This man seems to be doanting his way into relevance again.
Though he looks mean to me but he has been doing well in terms of charity.
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Na d journalist matter concern me nor be itiKu sorry atiKu___get well soon Mr journalist
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Campaign don start ooo. Atikuu has started buying the media
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Biggyd2: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2013
Thank God for the recipient. Dis life na wa sha o! Atiku fit spend that money sef for lunch for one restaurant (with 3-4 people that matter to him of course wink).

They should bring the money jare (even if na eye service dem dey do). On the day of election they will not follow you to see who you voted for abi? undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by TableLeg(m): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I am sure you can help cover the rest .... Go on, do something wonderful today! undecided
Fu...cking idiot ... Just because he's rich, he has to foot the bill of every Needy, Nelly and Nneka!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by lagboy1: 9:40am On Mar 05, 2013
na publicity stunts joor, as rich as he is, he can't foot the bill...10K will never be enough for him to do anything not even pocket money for jenny
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Scarpon(m): 9:41am On Mar 05, 2013
all n.a. for 2015 president vote . nice move though
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

You sure are! You're slow enough to know its not his responsibility that is a gesture
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Donnas: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2013
He tried but the amount is to small.
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Maxlaw(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2013
At his level making a donation of dat amount is a disgrace. D 7m is nt up 2 wat he lavish on his escapades a week so wat are we talking abt here?
yagbaboy1: . . .which one u don donate? Even if na 5 kobo.
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2013
Slickest: thank you atiku but u no fit chop president
cheesy cheesy chai! See straight talk abeg, pity am small na.
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by fiolaP(f): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2013
hmmmm
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
U are not o, am also wondering the same
Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by kevoh(m): 9:52am On Mar 05, 2013
If Atiku donates more than 7 million, una go complain say na campaigning, 1.5 million una go still complain say 'why didn't he donate all the 7 million naira needed' if he donate 150k una go complain say d man too stingy.

People can never be pleased better to do the right things that feel right to you and let others whine about it.

Publicity stunt or not the journalist has seen part of the money needed and all of you complaining should either donate to the man's cause or shut up!

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by danny301: 9:53am On Mar 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

How much did you donate?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem by AGgal(f): 9:54am On Mar 05, 2013
Since when?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Conducts Training Exercise In Kaduna And Bauchi / UNGA: Buhari's Speech Lacked Personal Commitments, Contained Lies — PDP Reps / Sokoto APC Ward Executives Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.