Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes (24507 Views)

Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / Aliko Dangote Is Richer Than Roman Abromovich / Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by CocoLoca(f): 10:22am On Mar 05, 2013
nagoma:

Senior Ashewo ! You get class ooo! I can link you up but I'm his wine taster. grin
House-boy like you! angry You want to eat oga's food... undecided
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by chynabest(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2013
Dat means Dangote is far far richer than chelsea owner Roman Abrahimovic up 9JA UP DANGOTE
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2013
Wow, Good for Him.

Meanwhile, Mark Zuckerberg drops to 66th.
http://www.forbes.com/profile/mark-zuckerberg/
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Emoticon: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2013
kaylaw777: Yes his rich ,his famous ,he want people to knw him, and they av known him ,but he don't pay his workers well, they work like slave ,they pay them little, and he dash out money just to make name and suffer his workers, he cheat the workers a lot .a company of 1700 staffs no union.I work with dangote group the cement factory obajana am a senior staff there I knw wht we ar facing
Not Aliko's fault. Maybe the assigned payment for ur position is supposed to be 50k, the head management would look for someone that would work it for 30k per month and 20k will go into their pocket. Aliko doesn't know about this.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by ideylaff: 10:42am On Mar 05, 2013
chingyjant: His labour is now paying off.With this fit it shows that good things can still come out from Nigeria irrespective of the bad image some few challatant have plunge the country into

No big Big Deal.. but lets all remember that 1 rich man in the midst of abiject povery, and massive lack is also a poor man in any way shape or form

Congrats Aliko Dangote.... This is what you mates are doing.... we will hail you more when your join them, its not by force we know, but it will be nice if you are a party to it as well.

Even Mark Zuckerberg the small facebook boy has joined the pledge to .... hmmmm ALIKO WE ARE WAITING

http://givingpledge.org/#enter

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2010-08-04-wealthy-charity-pledge_N.htm

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, left, and billionaire investor Warren Buffett are seen during the annual Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting in Omaha, on May 6, 2007. Gates and Buffett are launching a campaign to get other American billionaires to give at least half their wealth to charity.

[url]http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2010/08/04/billionaires-pledge-charitable-giving.html[\url]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU5-ooyppqs54QDVGm0Ur1225hGc1J32IKWJmTNbz-E9ae3bA6[\img]

Please dont laught @ Mark Zuckerberg.. he's already pledged to give half of his wealth away.... only 2 African are on the list

No one can take money to heaven.......Lets celebrate the right things.... fellas and sistas....
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by back2sender: 10:46am On Mar 05, 2013
mrvocalprowess- U be small pikin when it comes to Nija matter. I know how the maritime sector works and i know what iam saying. Dangote that enjoys waivers from FG - monopoly and tax evasion.

Come and see the demurrage his goods/containers accumulate for ports and he no dey pay?

Why is he called an Obasanjo boy, you think this is for nothing!!! the other day Prof Akinyemi accused them(billionaires/money bags) all during his presentation in Ondo state and did you hear anyone of them wen talk back say Prof statement was a fallacy?

Why was he fighting ibeto back then? or was it not in this country that maryam Abacha took him to the cleaners on how rich he confess to be. you think she was just saying this for saying sake.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by DammySaint(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2013
[quote
author=rodeo0070]With a net worth of $16.1bn as of March 2013, the
President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has moved up in the
latest world richest ranking to number 43 from 76 in 2012.

According to the list which was released on Monday by Forbes, Dangote
and the Chairman of Globalom, Dr. Mike Adenuga were the only Nigerians
on the list.

Dangote, 55, however, retained his position as the richest man in Africa
and the richest among manufacturers in the world with a net worth of
$16.1bn.

Adenuga, 59, on the other hand, ranked 269 on the list with a net worth
of $4.7bn.

The world billionaires, list presented Carlos Slim Helu, a Mexican as
the world richest man with a net worth of $73bn, while Bill Gates of
United States came second with a net worth of the $67bn.

Others are Armancio Ortega of Spain ($57bn); Warren Buffet, United
States ($53.5bn); and Larry Ellison of US with $43bn net worth, coming
third, fourth and fifth, respectively.

Forbes said, “To compile net worths, we value individuals’ assets,
including stakes in public and private companies, real estate, yachts,
art and cash – and account for debt.

“We attempt to vet these numbers with all billionaires. Some cooperate;
others don’t. We also consult an array of outside experts in various
fields.”

The past year has been eventful for Dangote. In October, he sold off a
controlling stake in his flour milling company to Tiger Brands of South
Africa and pocketed $190m in cash.

In February, his Dangote Sugar Refineries acquired a 95 per cent stake
in Savannah Sugar in a bid to maintain its dominant position in the
Nigerian sugar industry.

Dangote started building his fortune more than three decades ago when he
began trading in commodities like cement, flour and sugar with a loan
he received from his maternal uncle.

He delved into full production of these items in the early 2000s and
went on to build the Dangote Group, West Africa’s largest
publicly-listed conglomerate, which now owns sugar refineries, salt
processing facilities and Dangote Cement.

SOURCE:
http://www.punchng.com/news/dangote-now-worlds-43rd-richest-man-forbes/[/quote]
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by layuns(m): 10:52am On Mar 05, 2013
CocoLoca:
Waiting list? I don't roll like that. He won't call me to satisfy him, i will call him when i have his time.. cool

Lol, u got me laughng! Then you defnatly missing out. Oh I forgot 2 tel u dat, been on d list 'waiting' ofcouse entails me having a taste of you!!
So call me when u supposely have ma tym b4 passing on 2 da biG boSs.
Wink
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by yemstok(m): 11:02am On Mar 05, 2013
Olorun se mi ni olowo bi Aliko Dangote.
God make me as rich as Aliko Dangote.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by binbass(m): 11:10am On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author=mrvocalprowess]
Smh!! *spits* poverty tinkin.. Fine,all of us can't be rich!! But I know I can't b poor either.. Well, be ready 2 serve as my shoe-shiner wen I get 2d top!! Confamd ewuu!!
Just be contempted with what u have, everybody cannot be rich as dangote we just av to try our and leave destiny to take the rest.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 05, 2013
Dangote is a man of determination he has his mind fixed on achieving success. We should all rejoice for his progress in ranks because he is Nigerian n we r d sole reason he is dis big. Kudos to us all.
Foreign investors make una shine una eyes money dey dis land (abeg make una come employ bois hunger wan tie our belle grin)
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Clemzy16(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2013
Why is davido father's name not on that list?! With the way davido dey holla omo baba olowo (obo) for all im track one go think say na so the man hold money. Mcheewwww......
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by nijanigga: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Its only a child given birth to in the late 80s,90s and beyond will not know the source of Dangotes wealth.

So una think sey na the loan given to him by his uncle made him reach? or na sugar & salt wen he dey sell?.

Make we hear word jor, we nigerians dey quick forget things sha ooooo.
Thanks you my broda. The man "push" come retire. Ask isale-eko people.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by CocoLoca(f): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2013
layuns:

Lol, u got me laughng! Then you defnatly missing out. Oh I forgot 2 tel u dat, been on d list 'waiting' ofcouse entails me having a taste of you!!
So call me when u supposely have ma tym b4 passing on 2 da biG boSs.
Wink
With your English, i doubt you are even Sunny Ade's PA! shocked sad
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by stanleybiggie(m): 11:49am On Mar 05, 2013
CARLOS SLIM!!!BABA OLOWO FORBES(73 billion)
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Sike(m): 11:49am On Mar 05, 2013
Hmmmmmm Na wa o!
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by blaqoracle: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2013
mrvocalprowess: Dis is what I call hardwork and determination,am sure wen e started,som pple discouraged and mocked him.. Now he is d 43rd richest man in d world-startin frm SUGAR and SALT oo.. He didn't complain govt hadn't set up infastructures oo!! He went 4 wat e want and see wat he has achieved!! My dear NLers', instead of comin here 2 hate on pple dat dnt even knw u exist,tke a cue frm dangote
He is a livin proof anytin is possible-as long as u workhard and ur determined!! Am meetin u @ d top padi mii
DON'T MIND THEM, THEY HAVE DESTINY WITH PENURY
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by kagel: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2013
jpworld:

Boy be-careful! you don't bite the hand dat feed u, if u r not paid well, resign and move on. Remember one of his men, might be watching, don't think ur identity is hiding...
[b]fear! in the Nigerians why do we hate the truth? still dying in silence that is the reason why they takes advantage of some of us
if it is President Jonathan you will open your mouth wide and insult him as if he is your house boy[
/b] sad
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by ibraivory: 11:57am On Mar 05, 2013
Abeg,give me Alhaji Dangote's no. If u na get am. I wan talk wit am 4 interview
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by eastOFwest(m): 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
mrvocalprowess: Dis is what I call hardwork and determination,am sure wen e started,som pple discouraged and mocked him.. Now he is d 43rd richest man in d world-startin frm SUGAR and SALT oo.. He didn't complain govt hadn't set up infastructures oo!! He went 4 wat e want and see wat he has achieved!! My dear NLers', instead of comin here 2 hate on pple dat dnt even knw u exist,tke a cue frm dangote
He is a livin proof anytin is possible-as long as u workhard and ur determined!! Am meetin u @ d top padi mii

God bless you!!

I've avoided logging onto nairaland for some months now (i just browse as a guest when i have time) and my life has been more productive. I logged on specifically to LIKE your post.

You couldn't have said it any better. Losers are here whining like witches & wizards, while real men & women are getting on with it IN THE REAL WORLD. I find hard to see how you can be a regular poster ( complainer) on nairaland, and carry on with anything productive in the REAL WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Ess: 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sweetapple007: Good he is still far from first.

Blackbelle! I wonder where you will be on the list if you think 43 is far!
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by amiskurie(m): 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
Scarpon: BABA GOD BY YOUR GRACE I WILL BE ON THAT LIST SOME DAY
shhhhhhh!sharaaap,I was suppose to say that.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by ideylaff: 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
amiskurie: shhhhhhh!sharaaap,I was suppose to say that.

chingyjant: His labour is now paying off.With this fit it shows that good things can still come out from Nigeria irrespective of the bad image some few challatant have plunge the country into

No big Big Deal.. but lets all remember that 1 rich man in the midst of abiject povery, and massive lack is also a poor man in any way shape or form

Congrats Aliko Dangote.... This is what you mates are doing.... we will hail you more when your join them, its not by force we know, but it will be nice if you are a party to it as well.

Even Mark Zuckerberg the small facebook boy has joined the pledge to .... hmmmm ALIKO WE ARE WAITING

http://givingpledge.org/#enter

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2010-08-04-wealthy-charity-pledge_N.htm

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, left, and billionaire investor Warren Buffett are seen during the annual Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting in Omaha, on May 6, 2007. Gates and Buffett are launching a campaign to get other American billionaires to give at least half their wealth to charity.

[url]http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2010/08/04/billionaires-pledge-charitable-giving.html[\url]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU5-ooyppqs54QDVGm0Ur1225hGc1J32IKWJmTNbz-E9ae3bA6[\img]

Please dont laught @ Mark Zuckerberg.. he's already pledged to give half of his wealth away.... only 2 African are on the list

No one can take money to heaven.......Lets celebrate the right things.... fellas and sistas....
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by JAkpayen(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
ibraivory: Abeg,give me Alhaji Dangote's no. If u na get am. I wan talk wit am 4 interview
Interview to become one of his corporate slave? *SMH*
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by a1solution: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
I love Dangote but love Obasanjo more
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by abdul4new(m): 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Confam!
bad belle dey worry you,
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by akintun: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
D man is even richer Dan d richest man in china, I believe there is something wrong somewhere. With d difficult situation in d country, nobody should be worth more Dan 2 billion. D 16 billion is just too much and not fair.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by back2sender: 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
Akitun thanks for that ur comment. Na only in this country we dey create billionaires over night when we dont know d business wen dem dey do. Abi na spirit dey buy thier goods they are producing in thier factory?. Dangote wealth is not from salt n sugar alone, there r many things in between.

Iam not against been rich but not when the person is benefiting from FG and creating the impression sey na im enrepreneur spirit alone made him what he is today.

I will rather celebrate those selling pure water and making a success out of it than somebody like dangote.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Its only a child given birth to in the late 80s,90s and beyond will not know the source of Dangotes wealth.

So una think sey na the loan given to him by his uncle made him reach? or na sugar & salt wen he dey sell?.

Make we hear word jor, we nigerians dey quick forget things sha ooooo.

We no dey forget anything. Is Obasanjo still President? NO. Yet Dangote is still waxing stronger. From 12.1Bn to 16.4Bn between 2012 to 2013.

What are your excuses for failure? He sees none of them.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
The truth is Bill Gates is the only man who has touched $100bn networth but decided to give 50% to charity and i see him toping the list next year bridging the 6Bn gap between him and Carlos Slim.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
tpia@:
i think he's from a rich family.

Shattap, stop thinking, start acting.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
I'm confident enuf to say that dangote no reach where obasanjo,IBB etc..dey. But those thieves can't declare their assets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Respect The Naira, Beware Of EFCC" Banner Displayed At A Party / NNPC Launches Lubricant Product (Engine Oil) / Ayodeji Adewunmi Quits As The CEO Of Jobberman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.