Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,470 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market (10141 Views)

Fayose Paying Compensation Before Demolishing Illegal Structures (picture) / Okorocha Demolishes Illegal Structures/Brothel In Owerri (Photos) / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Leboska(m): 11:48am On Mar 05, 2013
No sentiment ladipo is very very dirty. Those guys block road alot. For this similar offence they market has being closed for like three times now. Why not do the right thing & see if lagos state government will close it again a word is enough for the wise. Imo

1 Like

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Mcdondayan: 11:51am On Mar 05, 2013
Emoticon:
U said the more he comments, the more he displays his stupidity, but I don't know if u typed the above quote out of ur anus.

Its like building a house without toilet and when u have a visitor that wants to use the restroom, u expect him or her to tell u that ur house ain't got no toilet. How foolish.

dont mind him.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Desola(f): 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
If not down to greed, LASG would close down the market with no hope of re-opening it in the future.

The Ladipo I knew while growing up was a decent residential area which was not at any point in its history designated to be market and even if it were so, it wouldn't be for this manner of trading. If truly, Fasola was looking out for the welfare of indigenous Lagosians, he would close the market down completely citing the health of the residents and perhaps enter into negotiations about creating a much larger site for the traders preferable on the outskirts of Lagos. That the traders are trading there in the first place is illegal and if he can evict other residents of illegal squatting in Lagos, he should do the same for Ladipo but for the money, the money.

5 Likes

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by tayoccu(m): 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
PointB: @Okija_juju

The trader providing those facilities themselves is certainly another way to solve the problem. But lest not forget in a hurry, that some of the arrested traders were charged with operation illegal security operation.

If the effort of the traders to provide security, something that is done in every market, can be deem illegal, why not the unauthorized waste disposal services? It is important that in our effort to make ourselves loved by people, to be rational, and look at the bigger picture. Considering that wheelbarrow pushing on main road is consider illegal in Lagos, I wonder then if the traders should have engaged those who will place the rubbish on their head and walk kilometer to whereever to dispose this waste, when government agent (LAWMA) could have done a better job with their facility.

No one in his right sense will support erecting structures on canal to the point on blocking it's free flow, and I cannot subscribe to such illegality. So stop bringing that argument here as it hold no value. As a matter of fact, such structures should not have even be there if not for the complicity of Local Officials. In any case I support the removal. But to suggest that traders organise their own parallel waste disposal system when the government has working system to stretching the argument too far; it is retrogressive thinking if you ask me.

On the issue of security, are the so called "security operatives" hired by the traders registered with the civil defense corps?
Are their fire arms licensed?
If the answers to my questions are no, then its illegal, and the "security" men have to be arrested.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
At this point, as much as the irresponsible govt hasn't accepted responsibility, I hate to say it, but they kinda get what they deserve. Anyone who hasn't learned up till this moment will never learn.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
boron10:
Don't they have union? Don't they pay dues to the union? Why must the state government be the one to manage their wastes for them? The more you try hard to comment on this thread, the more you display your stupidity.

Spare parts dealers should know how best to dispose their refuse. Why didn't they notify the government on the non availability of a central dump site in the market? You think those in government are Omnipresent abi?

,shut up if u dont know what to write,u logged in and comment rubbish,do u know hw many times this guys has complained to Lawma about thier negligence even after saying thier duessmileyjust shut up.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by huptin(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
PointB:

Imagine a big market like Ladipo without a central dump site, yet some clowns are praising the government for the inanity of closing the market. Why didn't the government provide this facility and see if it will be put to use or not before closing the market? It's little wonder why Lagos State itself is one big junkyard. A state where the government pockets tax-payer money, plant flowers, and then do fvckall with the rest of the loot.

Now taxpayers still have to plead with government to their job, in providing the simplest of facility. If this simple plea is not granted, I surmise that Ladipo, and every other markets in Lagos State and beyond will remain a sh1t-yard for aeon. This is very fundamental.

your statement shows clearly the kind of parasitic attitude non lagosians exhibit towards the state, they want to come from their respective villages, make good money in lagos and turn the place into a junk yard.I do not really like Fashola, but on this? he has my 100 per cent support.

Shameful.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by reporter1: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
alfaman2: Yoruba jealousy is making them draw bad card. Really bad card.

What is there to be jealous about? That you degrade the environment, set up a militia, poo all over the
damn place, and many other vices too numerous to list?
You need a brain transplant.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
ilugunboy:

When you talk logically like this.....you will NEVER smell the Eze Igbo NL stool..
Of course he won't! I have said it times without number that he actually sniffs something before coming to Nairaland.Now you have seen the result.smh grin
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by alfaman2: 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
reporter?:

What is there to be jealous about? That you degrade up the environment, set up a militia, poo all over the
damn place, and many other vices too numerous to list?
You need a brain transplant.

You are jealous of the igbo man's success. His ingenuity in the face of adversity.
Look. Even this little bump on the road can only make us better and stronger. We will, as always, come out on top.
When your fashiola is looking at the igbo man's mansions and having sleepless nights, he should remember that each one started with 20 pounds only.
We will buy more of your land. Make more money under your noses. And we are just starting to learn the political game. Just wait and see.
Do owambe party and create useless websites. Cut up your faces more. Do juju go up and down. We will always be better than you.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by reporter1: 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
alfaman2:

You are jealous of the igbo man's success. His ingenuity in the face of adversity.
Look. Even this little bump on the road can only make us better and stronger. We will, as always, come out on top.
When your fashiola is looking at the igbo man's mansions and having sleepless nights, he should remember that each one started with 20 pounds only.
We will buy more of your land. Make more money under your noses. And we are just starting to learn the political game. Just wait and see.
Do owambe party and create useless websites. Cut up your faces more. Do juju go up and down. We will always be better than you.

You have lost the damn little mind of yours if you believe any of the crap you posted.
What mansions are you talking about? The ones in Ajegunle or the ones in Orile Obviously, you have never set foot in Lagos. Yoruba having sleepless nights 'cos of Ibos. You're just plain delusional.
Don't let me start.

4 Likes

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
berem: Of course he won't! I have said it times without number that he actually sniffs something before coming to Nairaland.Now you have seen the result.smh grin

Isi adiro gi mma... grin
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Lizzypop: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author=Scarpon]thier should demolish the whole market that place is extra dirty [/quote

To comment is not by force u know, if ur dad was trading in that market would u have said this?
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
alfaman2:

20pounds and plenty space!

the difference between you in Lagos and igbos in other parts of nigeria is you are more successful than them. they got 20pounds like you and they are not less ingenious but they dont have what you have....the land of milk and honey! yorubaland is naturally blessed. it is the origin of man, everyone that step foot in is blessed. ojukwu knew this thats why he wanted to posess it, otherwise he would have headed north with his troops to go and revenge the massacre.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Park well jor!!! angry

You think that they throw away condemned engine blocks in Ladipo?! Or that they throw away Radiators?! Those metal parts are sold off to these metal scrap guys.

Infact, the Market Union can better organize it such that on tuesdays and Saturdays, they will come for metal wastes.. take them and sell them off to make money. On Mondays Wednesdays and Sundays, Organic wastes.. On another day, Rubber wastes..

These markets are run by grown up adults. They should oranize themselves jor! If Government isnt coming for their wastes, they should arrange with a rivate company to dispose of their wastes for them. Thats what sane people do.

I have said it that whilst Fashola is scolding the Marketers, he should also scold the various taskforces, agencies and ministries that have been dealing with these markets and collecting monies from them for taxes, levies and all
worth not..

But as far as closing the market is concerned, it is a good move. NOW THAT IT IS CLOSED.. Everybody can now see well how bad the situation is.

For a house to be well renovated, it has to first be evacuated. [/b]

I swear to God you are a big fool and if you vomit such nonsense in my presense you will get a black eye...When has it become the responsibility of market traders to manage and recycle waste after they have already paid tonns of money in waste management and levies. How dare you blame this guys ? where were the government all these years and what stopped them from enforcing the law ? we will see you around!!
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Park well jor!!! angry

You think that they throw away condemned engine blocks in Ladipo?! Or that they throw away Radiators?! Those metal parts are sold off to these metal scrap guys.

Infact, the Market Union can better organize it such that on tuesdays and Saturdays, they will come for metal wastes.. take them and sell them off to make money. On Mondays Wednesdays and Sundays, Organic wastes.. On another day, Rubber wastes..

These markets are run by grown up adults. They should oranize themselves jor! If Government isnt coming for their wastes, they should arrange with a rivate company to dispose of their wastes for them. Thats what sane people do.

I have said it that whilst Fashola is scolding the Marketers, he should also scold the various taskforces, agencies and ministries that have been dealing with these markets and collecting monies from them for taxes, levies and all
worth not..

But as far as closing the market is concerned, it is a good move. NOW THAT IT IS CLOSED.. Everybody can now see well how bad the situation is.

For a house to be well renovated, it has to first be evacuated. [/b]

I swear to God you are a big fool and if you vomit such nonsense in my presense you will get a black eye...When has it become the responsibility of market traders to manage and recycle waste after they have already paid tonns of money in waste management and levies. How dare you blame this guys ? where were the government all these years and what stopped them from enforcing the law ? we will see you around!!
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
reporter?:

You have lost the damn little mind of yours if you believe any of the crap you posted.
What mansions are you talking about? The ones in Ajegunle or the ones in Orile Obviously, you have never set foot in Lagos. Yoruba having sleepless nights 'cos of Ibos. You're just plain delusional.
Don't let me start.

obviously you dont know lagos very well,if you think lagos starts and ends with Ajegunle and Orile !!!
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by PointB: 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
tayoccu:

On the issue of security, are the so called "security operatives" hired by the traders registered with the civil defense corps?
Are their fire arms licensed?
If the answers to my questions are no, then its illegal, and the "security" men have to be arrested.

Which firearms? Machete, clubs, and batons?
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by abifoluwa: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
Why are they going to reopen it? That market can never be kept clean.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by alfaman2: 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

20pounds and plenty space!

the difference between you in Lagos and igbos in other parts of nigeria is you are more successful than them. they got 20pounds like you and they are not less ingenious but they dont have what you have....the land of milk and honey! yorubaland is naturally blessed. it is the origin of man, everyone that step foot in is blessed. ojukwu knew this thats why he wanted to posess it, otherwise he would have headed north with his troops to go and revenge the massacre.

I have two words for you: Victor Banjo.

And before you start defending him, think of these two more words: Oladipo Diya.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Abeg, you people shouldn't kill Mmuo Okija, he's my brother, though I forgive him of his words embarassed embarassed embarassed

My people, forgive him for he knows not what he's doing.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

[b]WOW!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

We have identified one pissed off Ladipo trader here o!! shocked shocked shocked

LoL.. grin

Dude,

Keep calm, Eat Ugba.. grin

First of all sir.. I never said Ladipo traders should recycle their own waste. NEVER!!

Secondly I never absolved the Lagos State Government of any blames as well.. NEVER!!

However, all I am I'm saying is simply 'Because a government dosent clear your waste does not make it alright for you to live inside your own filth'. Only mad men behave like that!

We all pay our taxes Atleast I do, but I still handle my waste management myself. Infact, my landlord factored it into my rent. Now should the landlord default, I will take on the responsibility whilst calling the landlords attention to his negligence. Thats what grown up, sane people do.

Nwokem, stop venting jor! Come lets go to Ibari Ogwa and eat point & kill with Nkwu enu.. The demand for neatness in that market is ultimately for the benefit of the traders. A clean market increases productivity and attracts clients.

Madam Nkechi, wetara anyi Udeme na abu.. Nna'm a' ji iwe na obi.. grin grin [/b]

1 Like

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
Obiora4life: Abeg, you people shouldn't kill Mmuo Okija, he's my brother, though I forgive him of his words embarassed embarassed embarassed

My people, forgive him for he knows not what he's doing.

Nwanne, Amam ife'm na ekwu.. Uche'm di ya.

Anyi fu ife na adiro mma, anyi ekwu'o ya ka osi di. #PERIOD!
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by asha80(m): 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

We have identified one pissed off Ladipo trader here o!! shocked shocked shocked

LoL.. grin

Dude,

First of all sir.. I never said Ladipo traders should recycle their own waste. NEVER!!

Secondly I never absolved the Lagos State Government of any blames as well.. NEVER!!

However, all I am I'm saying is simply 'Because a government dosent clear your waste does not make it alright for you to live inside your own filth'. Only mad men behave like that!

We all pay our taxes Atleast I do, but I still handle my waste management myself. Infact, my landlord factored it into my rent. Now should the landlord default, I will take on the responsibility whilst calling the landlords attention to his negligence. Thats what grown up, sane people do.

Nwokem, stop venting jor! Come lets go to Ibari Ogwa and eat point & kill with Nkwu enu.. The demand for neatness in that market is ultimately for the benefit of the traders. A clean market increases productivity and attracts clients.

Madam Nkechi, wetara anyi Udeme na abu.. Nna'm a' ji iwe na obi.. grin grin [/b]
you must surely love ibari ogwa this one you are always mentioning it.will not be suprised if you are one of those that leave ph everyweekend to come to enjoy mmanyi in owerri.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
asha 80: you must surely love ibari ogwa this one you are always mentioning it.will not be suprised if you are one of those that leave ph everyweekend to come to enjoy mmanyi in owerri.

My Brother.. grin

Beer Palour no get enemy o!! grin

If its only because of Ibari Ogwa, Rochas can remain in power till 2030 sef.. grin

And Yeah!! Whenever I am in Sodom & Gommorah Owerri, I start from Ibari Ogwa..

#GodBlessIbariOgwa! grin
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Duru1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju: Good Job Mr. Fashola...

I am not a fan of yours, but this is a welcomed development.. We cant continue to live and behave like animals in this country.. I dont care where you are from or what ethinicity is involved..

This is a good development!

I would love it if you articulate to matters arising according to what you claimed to represent in professional life. It is unfortunate that Lagos State government is led by mor.ons who could not see gem under their noses. The commodities handled at Ladipo market and their byproducts require an above average technical machination to process which will in turn yield serious money.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
Duru1:

I would love it if you articulate to matters arising according to what you claimed to represent in professional life. It is unfortunate that Lagos State government is led by mor.ons who could not see gem under their noses. The commodities handled at Ladipo market and their byproducts require an above average technical machination to process which will in turn yield serious money.

Explain.....
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by asha80(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

My Brother.. grin

Beer Palour no get enemy o!! grin

If its only because of Ibari Ogwa, Rochas can remain in power till 2030 sef.. grin

And Yeah!! Whenever I am in Sodom & Gommorah Owerri, I start from Ibari Ogwa..

#GodBlessIbariOgwa! grin
ibari ogwa actually came into existence before the present imsg .
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by akintun: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Abeg make d man open d market jor. I want to buy a new engine 4 one of my grounded truck but I cannot.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
asha 80: ibari ogwa actually came into existence before the present imsg .

Are you serious?!!

Nna, I only discovered it under Rochas o!!

Odika Ndi anwuruma have increased under Rochas' government.. grin
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Duru1(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

LoL.. grin

Dude,

If the traders at Ladipo Market had paid dues and levies to the coffers of Lagos State government towards environmental upkeep of the entity called Ladipo Market, it is humanly irresponsible to require the traders to organize for the collection of scrap metals as result of the activities in the market. Anyway, Nigeria is formed for wrong reasons and I am not surprised that certain governmental agencies are equally created for wrong reasons.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Duru1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

Explain.....

I shall not explain in order not to get few loudmouthed jackasses educated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please When Will 2017 Budget Be Passed? / Looted Funds, Assets: FG Launches Moves Against Ex-Governor, Ministers, Senators / Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.