Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes (10401 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Biggyd2: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2013
AND THE DEAD REMAIN DEAD! undecidedAll monies used to train them gone down the drain. Where will they be using their own boreholes now? undecided angry angry. Who is thinking of bringing justice to the ones they left behind?

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by gerald09(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2013
I don't get dis I tot Nassarawa has a state governor?, y is jonna approving money for a state uni ? Is that not the governor's job? Drilling boreholes is dat a short term plan? Why d Nigeria leaders hate the youths? All dey wanted was water n rather than give dem water dey sent d military to wipe dem.
The involvement of the military is d beginning of destruction, innocent death and genocide.
I bet PDP hav eventually takin over Nassarawa state since d governor is among non PDP governor dat acts like dat.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by sesanrota(m): 9:29am On Mar 05, 2013
20 mil for borehole project... enough choppingson grin grin grin
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by MARKREN: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2013
It is funny, so we now need a "president" to approve construction of a borehole in a "State University" and we nigerians are clapping as usual. I wonder how we now expect this govt to fix more complex problems of Power, Poverty, Unemployment, Spirally Crime, Insurgencies in the North & South Southern part of Nigeria, Piracy on the coast of Nigeria, when it is bugged down by issues to be addressed by state & local govts and public agencies like the NUC in this case (How come the NUC has not sanctioned the University for poor management).

We have now gotten to a stage where nothing works anymore until the President or Governor says so...Public parastatals and ministries and even the police no longer do anything until the president says so. It took the president to get the police to start to find the police pension fund chairman under investigation by the Senate for allegedly misappropriating N400B. It took the president to visit the police college before any renovation work started after he was "embarrassed" by a report. Now with Lagos International airport facing blackouts almost on a weekly basis lasting for a long as 5-8 hours (it is funny that the minister was awarded man of the year for 2012 by some group for her outstanding work since she became minister of aviation) , we will need the president to "intervene" before this is fixed.

Until Nigerians move forward and demand much much more from their leaders in the next 20-40 years we will still be saying the same thing. "The people get the leadership they deserve".

2 Likes

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimfit1(m): 9:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Not once did the president mention the dead, I was expecting a reaction and suspension of the officers that committed these act but it's Jonathan nothing good can come from him very insensitive president and that money can fix borehole in 5 universities so if it's going to just one God help us with this president.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 9:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Lilimax:

I've seen this same topics in some other dailies today. There is nothing wrong with the Fedral Government bailing out some ailing states in their projects.This may be what is happening in Nasarawa state so it is a welcome development.

The Minister of Water resources alone could have handled this without the President..

#20million..

Such pultry sum does not need the Presidents approval for release jor!

I still doubt this tale.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by tatosh: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Is it just me or can't we all see that there is a problem with this story and this country. How can the president of the Federal republic of Nigeria GCFR be involved in borehole condtruction and then the story makes headlines!! Even Fashola would not sink a borehole and put it in the news
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2013
9ja. A country where nothing works. That VC is nothing but a misfit and misfortune to that school. He is simply a remote control. An unfortunate,incompetent eeediot. He was in Unilorin for a term and it was his Deputy that was actually piloting the school affairs including all administrative issues. Anyways back to topic,Jonathan must be funny. Very funny. How can you donate money for a state university when the governor is there? Does it mean the school is so bankrupt that they cant provide a less than 3 million naira project? Thanks to Gej for his donation,hoping the largesse wont end with money released alone. The blood of these young guyz on the head of our irresponsible and selfish leaders. Again, Gej donated a paltry amount and narrow-minded gej arse lickers are applauding him. Very unfortunate really. I know a guy who provided 10 boreholes for his community with no political ambition.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by taharqa: 9:31am On Mar 05, 2013
akthedream: Because he is trying to save his face after unleaching soldiers on those innocent students..similar to what he did to subsidy protesters.
Are you dis SILLLY all d time? You mean d President sent soldiers to queur Student protests in Keffi, Nasarawa State from Aso Rock, in d heart of Abuja. Again, are u usuali dis silly??

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2013
slim fit :
Not once did the president mention the dead, I was expecting a reaction and suspension of the officers that committed these act but it's Jonathan nothing good can come from him very insensitive president and that money can fix borehole in 5 universities so if it's going to just one God help us with this president.

You sound like a genetically enhanced person!

20 Million can build 5 Boreholes abi.. For a University o!!

I'm sure you think its the same useless hand-pump borehole you go to fetch water fron in your neighbours house..

3 Likes

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by ichommy(m): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2013
Medicine after death

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by talktimi(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2013
akthedream: Because he is trying to save his face after unleaching soldiers on those innocent students..similar to what he did to subsidy protesters.
see olodo, did you forget your brains in your mother's womb ? Instead of questioning the state governor or the vc for the deployment of soldiers its the president you're blaming. Sorry for you
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2013
taharqa: Are you dis SILLLY all d time? You mean d President sent soldier to queur Students protests in Keffi, Nasarawa State from Aso Rock, in d heart of Abuja. Again, are u usuali dis silly??

By their words you shall know them.. That guy is a unique breed of humanoids known as Homo person.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by taharqa: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2013
yuzedo: Wait, really?? grin

This is unadulterated FUCKERY! undecided

We are so used to misgovernance that a common borehole is commissioned/approved by THE PRESIDENT and people are commending him. WTF guys?! Water that is every student's right, even those that haven't paid school fees. IT IS NOT A PRIVILEGE!

Imagine Obama commissioning borehole in Howard or CUNY and it makes news, i mean, even a Mayor wouldn't flippin' do that! Chai... Nigeria, ndo!
SHUT yr mouth there. If d CPC u guys hv bn using to sing here everyday was responsible enuf to take care of d ONLY UNIVERSITY they control, the whole Water issue wudn't hv come up, and d President wud nt hv had to do d 'job' of d State Govt by trying to provide d hapless students with boreholes... You lots ought to cover yr heads in SHAME
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by wazobiaforu(m): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2013
foliks:

You have sense .... GEJ can even approve PIT TOILET just to add to his project and he can even go for the commissioning
grin
grin grin grin grin grin

You are a bahdt girl, is it bcus he launch energy saving bulb?

Stay tune: GEJ approve mosquito net for all university students

cheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimfit1(m): 9:41am On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

You sound like a genetically enhanced person!

20 Million can build 5 Boreholes abi.. For a University o!!

I'm sure you think its the same useless hand-pump borehole you go to fetch water fron in your neighbours house..

Ok sir thank you

Tell your president to make sure the dead get justice, I believe you saw that didn't you? But you failed to comment on that, you have selective reading don't you. I don't even care about contract or the money make sure the president produce the soldiers that committed this offence ju ju.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Mobsync(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2013
cogitoErgo: Following a protest which led to the killing of students of Nasarawa state University last Monday, President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the construction of boreholes in the state owned institution.

While the students were protesting against the persistent shortage of water in the school, a detachment of soldiers stormed the school hours into the demonstration and in a bid to disperse the protesters fired live bullets that killed least two of them. The students however claim four were killed and not two as claimed by the state government and other security agaents.

However, in a response to the uproar the incident had sparked, President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday approved[b]N20 million to the management of the university for them to commence work on the construction of bore holes in the school[/b].

Jude Imagwe, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Matters, presented the letter of approval for the boreholes to the Vice Chancellor of the University, Shamsudeen Amali, when he led other students union bodies to the school.

He quoted Mr. Jonathan as saying that the gesture was aimed at enhancing availability of water as well as to reduce the plight of students, which led to the last week students’ unrest.

“I am disturbed and worried about what happened in which some students lost their lives as a result of the protest,” the presidential aide quoted the president as saying.

“The sum of N20 million was approved to the institution to enable it sink more bore holes in order to reduce the problem of inadequate water supply in the institution.

“He who provides water provides life. Life will be unbearable to the students if there is scarcity of water in the campus. They (students) will not even concentrate on their academic activities at the same time,” he added.

The president described the incident that led to the killing of the university students as unfortunate and uncalled-for.

He urged the student union bodies to always employ dialogue and peaceful means in fighting for their rights.

Responding, the vice chancellor thanked the president for the gesture, saying it would go a long way in addressing the water scarcity in the school.

Amali promised to make judicious use of the money for the purpose it was meant.

He denied inviting military personnel to quell the students’ protest that led to the killing of two students of the institution.

The President of the Students Union Government of the University, Rabiu Tijani, thanked President Jonathan for the gesture, saying the steps taken by the state legislature to bring the perpetrators of the act to book was laudable.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/05/nsuk-days-after-protesting-students-were-killed-jonathan-approves-construction-of-boreholes/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nsuk-days-after-protesting-students-were-killed-jonathan-approves-construction-of-boreholes

No be say I dey beef ooo, but how many boreholes do they want to drill that they need 20 milla. Nigerians never learn. I'm very sure the money would be hijacked by some criminal elements on the long run. Modaforkers

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by peacebearer(m): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2013
mr president continue your gud work in slow and steady mode you need not to campagne for 2015 ur work will surely give u back d seat
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimfit1(m): 9:53am On Mar 05, 2013
Mobsync:

No be say I dey beef ooo, but how many boreholes do they want to drill that they need 20 milla. Nigerians never learn. I'm very sure the money would be hijacked by some criminal elements on the long run. Modaforkers

My brother I tire oh, like say we no go school to know the true cost of all these things okupe don insult me this morning say make I fucck of.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by metti(m): 9:54am On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: The CV should be sacked,he has no business managing a school.

The VC please!!
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimfit1(m): 9:54am On Mar 05, 2013
Someone should be court Marshalled simple.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimfit1(m): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2013
The president should produce the soldiers, and they should be tried simple.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by yuzedo: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2013
taharqa: SHUT yr mouth there. If d CPC u guys hv bn using to sing here everyday was responsible enuf to take care of d ONLY UNIVERSITY they control, the whole Water issue wudn't hv come up, and d President wud nt hv had to do d 'job' of d State Govt by trying to provide d hapless students with boreholes... You lots ought to cover yr heads in SHAME
Laptop Dog 23, do they recruit y'all based on intelligence deficiency? Good lord!
... I know you have to make a living but not every shot is a personal affront on your principal, perhaps if you had advanced comprehension, you'd realise i was questioning the system and not necessarily the personality?
But now that you mentioned it though, your president is CLUELESS! grin Deal with it you fu'ckheaded lackey! A president has no business attending to such issues. God, you are dumb sha! Don't get me started this morning. Dunderhead!

2 Likes

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by muktarmtt(m): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Responsible leadership
Mtsw
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2013
slim fit :

Ok sir thank you

Tell your president to make sure the dead get justice, I believe you saw that didn't you? But you failed to comment on that, you have selective reading don't you. I don't even care about contract or the money make sure the president produce the soldiers that committed this offence ju ju.

That is a different matter..

I'm sure a committee is looking into that as we speak. As soon as they submit their report and another committee verifies it, we will take action.

The V.C will definitely have to answer for that.

For now, lets get the students back to school first.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimfit1(m): 10:01am On Mar 05, 2013
We are not in a military era where things like this should be swept under the carpet, we need and answer simple or heads need to role. I hope femi falanor is seeing this or waiting till someone offers money ? For him before he takes action God is seeing us all oh if we keep keeping quiet when things like this happens I'm shouting now oh hmm hmmmm God dey oh .
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by gramci: 10:03am On Mar 05, 2013
dominique: What is the governor doing? after all its a state univerity. Hope the project is completed sha.

You mean the CPC abi APC governor?
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2013
Mobsync:

[img]http://www.sunnik.com.my/image1/product1_pic1-bg.gif[/img]

How much would this cost you to build?!
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 05, 2013
What is the business of GEJ in a state owned university? The money for provision of water in the school would have been provided in the state budget for NSUK, I think the VC should be questioned on how the money for the school was spent. He has some questions to answer.

On the other hand, the military has no constitutional right to be involved in civil protest, that is the work of the police! We claim to practice democracy yet, soldiers were deployed with live amunitions to stop armless protesters leading to the death of some students. This is barbaric and unacceptable. The soldiers involved with their commandant who approved their deployment should be court marshalled.

No be only CV na cover letter dem for sack grin grin grin
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by TableLeg(m): 10:08am On Mar 05, 2013
Dumb fu...ck ... It is VC, vice chancellor, and not CV, curriculum vitae!
Bloody illiterate!
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2013
wonders shall never cease!!! Is d school management do incapacitated that they have to wait for Mr President to come and build borehole for them in the school? undecided This is just ridiculous angry Wat happened to all the money they collected from Rich Nigerians in return for honorary doctorate degrees? This country is getting to a stage where Mr President will have give approval for the purchase of malaria medicine inside govt hospitals cry
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by PapaBrowne(m): 10:09am On Mar 05, 2013
To think that this is the only university managed by a (Buhari) CPC controlled state.

Where is El Rufai, Buhari and the rest of the CPC goons??

It is time to start asking what the only CPC controlled state has achieved in the last 2 years?

For CPC, Education is truly Haram!!

Congrats to the (GEJ) FG for the quick and timely response!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTO: Lion Was Seen In Ikorodu, Lagos Yesterday / Group Raises Alarm As Makinde 'Lobbies' For Return Of INEC REC, Agboke / Malami: Court Has Declared Bandits As Terrorists,gazetting To Be Concluded Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.