Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects (5104 Views)

Tribunal Orders Inspection Of Ballot Papers In Akpabio’s Election / Lagos Power Projects Receives Boost With Transformer Plant / 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by ocelot2006(m): 11:06am On Mar 05, 2013
dady12: What are they celebrating?40/491 for how many years now?from now till 2015,they are going to celebrate how many?this is purely politics,they should stop fooling themselves and do somethg tandible to the poor nigeria masses rather than celebrating failure

Where in the post was it mentioned that the FG's celebrating the completion of 40 out of 400+ power projects?
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by stepone(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
40 of 491 or 419 by inter changing, anyway why can't Gej list where the rest 451 projects is constructed. 419 projects led by presido himself
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
I.Joan:

datz 8.1466%, to me dat is FAILURE! angry

Damn ur stupi.d.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Iphy Grace: those screaming that 8 percent is failure at this time are like passengers that left lagos for abuja on a bus and in an hours time noticed they are in ibadan and all they can say to the driver is that he is a failure that by now they are meant to be in lokoja.

It is lack of intelligence that's troubling them.

How somebody can point at hundreds of ongoing projects at various stages of completion and label them ''failure'', must really be the result of very low IQ. I can't see any other explanation.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by ihembakingsley(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
schorlbone: I haf hear nau!
Aboki. Must u qoute d whole story just write dat?
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by ManofSteel1: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
if its 40 out of 491 then we can assume what the government meant was maybe just 20(to save some face) out of 491. Either way, why is it that the contractors have not heeded government's warning in the past? its simply because it is either the same government officials have a stake in these power companies or they have already recieved kickbacks.or do you expect them to go after themselves?. why cant they just go after them without telling us. or are they admitting som sort of failure?strong leadership is about people revering you and taking you seriously.im sure if it was someone like buhari who had given the warning, these contractors would have been shitting their pants by now
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
491?? no na 419 oooooooo. scam
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by stpat1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
schorlbone: I haf hear nau!

Must u quote the post? Must u even comment when u obviously have nothing sensible to say? All these cheap attention seekers don dey make nairaland tire person sef
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Venchy: 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
ENOUGH OF THIS FOOLISHNESS!!!
Should so called GIANT OF AFRICA instead of GIANT OF THIEVES be talking be without POWER in this day and age?

Why can't Nigerian rouges understand the IMPORTANCE of POWER for God sake and why is the OP flogging their failure?

It's all down to lack of ambition and cluessness as to why power should be a normal in running of our daily lives /business and not luxury.

It's a BASIC THINGGGGG Fools!

We'll give you this we'll give you that, DO IT and let production increases and unemployment drops.....SHAMLESS IDIOTS.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Philolos: 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
I.Joan:

You meant 92 percent behind schedule. The Poster didn't state the measure of success, so it is premature to conclude that the projects yet to be completed have failed. However, it is still a big number to be behind schedule.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Philolos: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
Iphy Grace: those screaming that 8 percent is failure at this time are like passengers that left lagos for abuja on a bus and in an hours time noticed they are in ibadan and all they can say to the driver is that he is a failure that by now they are meant to be in lokoja.

The poster meant behind schedule. I doubt he/she really meant to say failure. The projects are 92 percent behind schedule. When the project is complete it still may be a failure if it is over budget or electricity distribution can't get to businesses and households, but we currently don't have enough information to come to that conclusion.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by BB013(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
So 40 out of the 419 project they embarked upon..
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by jpphilips(m): 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
gerald09:
That is exactly what will happen. Cos 80% of Nigerians dat will be opportune to carry out dat function will collect bribe (normal) and d remaining 20% will probably not show up at all. After everi dey start the "blame jonna game".

what kinda administrator does it make you when you cannot bring bad eggs in your team to book?
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
Philolos:

You meant 92 percent behind schedule. The Poster didn't state the measure of success, so it is premature to conclude that the projects yet to be completed have failed. However, it is still a big number to be behind schedule.

The projects are not even ''behind schedule''. They're just not completed! All the article said was out of 492 ongoing power projects, 41 have been completed. Nothing about 'behind schedule' or 'failure' or anything bad, apart from a mild admonishment to slower contractors to up their game.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by earthgreeners(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
ROSSIKE:

The projects are not even ''behind schedule''. They're just not completed! All the article said was out of 492 ongoing power projects, 41 have been completed. Nothing about 'behind schedule' or 'failure' or anything bad, apart from a mild admonishment to slower contractors to up their game.

Should so called GIANT OF AFRICA instead of GIANT OF THIEVES be talking be without POWER in this day and age?

Why can't Nigerian rouges understand the IMPORTANCE of POWER for God sake and why is the OP flogging their failure?

It's all down to lack of ambition and cluessness as to why power should be a normal in running of our daily lives /business and not luxury.

We'll give you this we'll give you that, DO IT and let production increases and unemployment drops.....SHAMLESS IDIOTS.

copied
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by bettercreature(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ibadan power project is almost done,i can see arround 20 new small transformers on my street right now
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by EkoIle1: 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
419 scam tour PART2.

.....smh.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by KokoBeware: 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
I.Joan:

Do you know the duration, size and time-line of each of the projects??
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Eko Ile: 419 scam tour PART2.

.....smh.
I recall when Fashola was touring uncompleted projects in Lagos, you created countless threads and many of them made front page. But now you'v termed the FG tour of its power projects "419 tour".
Your hypocrisy knows no bound.

Soon, the remaining 451 projects will be completed one after the other. We know when the projects are completed you'll still share with us how those projects were started by Lord Lugard

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by EkoIle1: 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I recall when Fashola was touring uncompleted projects in Lagos, you created countless threads and many of them made front page. But now you'v termed the FG tour of its power projects "419 tour".
Your hypocrisy knows no bound.

Soon, the remaining 451 projects will be completed one after the other. We know when the projects are completed you'll still share with us how those projects were started by Lord Lugard

The brown envelop Fashola denied your scam tour leader MAKU still dey pain you? Ndo.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by Rossikk(m): 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
earthgreeners:

copied
My friend will you stop talking rubbish. Power generation is undergoing all sorts of improvement and restructuring. Just sharrap and wait for the process to complete itself. Even in India and Brazil they have power issues. Don't make out like it's only a Nigerian problem.
Re: FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects by EKONGKING: 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
Rossikk: My friend will you stop talking rubbish. Power generation is undergoing all sorts of improvement and restructuring. Just sharrap and wait for the process to complete itself. Even in India and Brazil they have power issues. Don't make out like it's only a Nigerian problem.

I hate jonathan but if he restore power then i love him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Killed Isaac Adaka Boro? / Anioma Denies Biafra / Nnamdi Kanu: I'll Drop Agitation For Biafra If....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.