Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

The Wrath Of Gangs, A Bitter Pill To Swallow. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wrath Of Gangs, A Bitter Pill To Swallow. (551 Views)

Swallow Your Pride (short Story) / "Swallow" Sefi Atta's New Book Is Out / The Earth Is Shrinking: The Wrath Of The Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wrath Of Gangs, A Bitter Pill To Swallow. by yungblurd(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2013
It was 7.25pm couple minutes after the Magrib prayer was announced, I was in my basement somewhere around a village in Moro local government. While the gleam from my Blackberry device beams at me, and ReDkad's Dreams providing an enabling backdrop for me to reflect on my pasts.

However, within this moment, several thoughts had flashed on my sensory organs, then suddenly a tremor was felt. And I was trying to figure out what the cause of the vibration was, until a loud bang accompanied. The variations of thoughts in my memory rippled on some regular tirade usually made by our noisy neighbours. oh! This time around it was something deeper than that.

Some weeks back, that basement had witnessed wave of attacks from intrusive groups. And most of those time, I am usually not in the block whenever this happens, but a very clear account of the event will be narrated to me by eye-witnesses.

Meanwhile, it is Aso Rock, they are under attack! the next thing I could hear from there was the clause;"Omo Ayè kan nbe ni bi" "open the door" was the next, as their attempts to enter the room was abortive, they had to resort to the hard way by forcing their way through the door, armed with machete and clubs, they made their way through successfully.

At this point, sounds of chattering glasses whistled through, they broke the louvres, and it was unclear whether it was a robbery attack or a cult rivalry revenge mission considering someone might have raised their lowered eyebrow during the previous fights they had, they didn't cart away anybody' property, but the way they carried out their operation pointed out one thing...
www.20bmn./2013/03/05/the-wrath-of-the-gangs-another-bitter-pill-to-swallow/

(1) (Reply)

He Has A Book That Will Sell Wonders And Give †ђξ Publishers Lots Of Money / Life And Living: Are They One And The Same? / A Search For HOPE: Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.