Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! (15548 Views)

NYSC 2016A Nassarawa official otondos / My Nysc 2014 Batch C Camp Experience(pictures) / First Day Experience At Nysc Orientation Camp----->what To Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
mine was not easy at all. But i am so happy. I am making new friends. In umudi imo state, registration was not easy at all.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by jamesbridget13(f): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
Danielstainz: ..[/color]stil at futo...but yt njoyn da bitchez @imsu n awka..
Hey! What do u mean by dat? U got no sis or what?

3 Likes

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by NeuroBoss(m): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
Umudi was where I camped. Welcome to Imo state. I'm currently serving in Ideato South LG
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by jamesbridget13(f): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
Memories fills my heart as i read through ur comments. Camp is fun. I urge all Otondo's to be good, do ur best n leave d rest, remember d son of whom u re. Camp is just 3wks which ll leave u with memories; good or bad or both. Welcoming all d OTONDOS

1 Like

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by blackbeau1(f): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
My first day in camp was terrible but I quickly adjusted.afterwards,I made frenz and it was fun
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by geogino(m): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
pofolo: ....
this looks like akwa-ibom camp nsit atia ?

That's nsit atai for sure.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Gistwitherico(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
My bag on the head and frong jump by military men, who if they are on casual wears outside i can beat them! And their potty food is horrible; no money for mammy tins - toilet and bathroom freaking dirty and disgusting! Horrible but fun here in obubra camp cros-river
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by olokpa11(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
JESUS,na millitary skul?shuooooo,I'll skip nysc thank u
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by nikaShow(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
Me I dey Ogun ooo cool, d camp is pretty cool....long ques though...
But completed my registration today and I got in around 2pm, so I can't complain,
Mami tings for supper...seemingly nice 'closer bunkies' for the now,
The only bad tin about today is ManU lost cry
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by chrisical(m): 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
From Bayelsa camp.
Extra-ordinarily hectic and gruelling registration process but afterwards,it was all fun especially inside the male hostel.Hilarious dudes.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by LouisMaria1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Benue is just so messed up...The state it self,d NYSC camp site included...No water for we Copers to bath...The place is just so tiring,but its fun...Meeting new people(good,bad,ugly,funny ones etc.)Finally eh,Benue is totally messed up.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by senatorfrancis(m): 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
Am in abj camp rite nw...abt d xperience its fun
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by okooloyun1(m): 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Louis Maria: Benue is just so messed up...The state it self,d NYSC camp site included...No water for we Copers to bath...The place is just so tiring,but its fun...Meeting new people(good,bad,ugly,funny ones etc.)Finally eh,Benue is totally messed up.
Welcome 2 Wannune camp, d issue of water was like that during batch C 2012 also bt was resolved within 2days. Benue State is nt totally messed up ooo u will luv it here i promise.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by shalomtemmy(f): 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
Kano camp is nt bad.......... jst dat i culdn't start my registration after standing on d queue for abt 4hrs
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by daughterofzion(f): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Searching 4rm gate afta dat bags on d head and runnin to and fro. Chai dis soldiers here eh,as if d at one no do,we met anoda soldier who askd us 2 sing like pry skul children "i hav dcided 2 b a corper,no going back" and match to and fro wit our bags on d head. 4rm there,they showd us our room and 4rm there registeratn. Gosh spent almost d whole day registering-akwa ibom camp.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by nasty45(m): 11:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
Malabite i knw dt feeling!kpele
fubbyy: See experience wey I suppose follow dey share now, God go punish unical, anyway june go tell weda I go burn the school or not
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by youngdee168(m): 11:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
Adamawa camp is not that bad too, wasnt able to do my reg cos of the queue, am studying my new enviroment before i begin to exploit.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by daddyg(m): 12:04am On Mar 06, 2013
Ishsoph:

U most definitely will enjoy Abuja Camp in Kubwa. That was where I camped.

Which year was that? I was there 2002 Jan, had too much fun.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Chicolee(f): 12:11am On Mar 06, 2013
Reporting from Issele Uku in Delta State. I no chop commot house cos of say I wan do registration on time. Soldiers come say make I carry my big bag for head dey run. It wasn't funny at all. I made new friends. I completed my registration on time but whenever I had to queue up, I start singing 'oh my home' inside my mind. 20 days remaining...may it be memorable!
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by yokiti: 12:31am On Mar 06, 2013
My first day in Niger state for NYSC experience.
INTRODUCTION.
My journey to Paiko camp via Minna, Niger state is an experience I will not forget; from the excitement of seeing the river Niger just like how we read about it in Primary school text and On- site experience of Guinea Savannah myself to the challenges that almost frustrated me from the service to fatherland in Niger and not to motherland in any of the Southwestern states as I do tell my friends
I Left Lagos state around 12:49 pm On Monday because of the photocopies I was doing in school; got to Ilorin some minutes past 5pm after a our mini vehicle down just before Ogbomoso from Oyo Alaafin. Slept over in Ilorin (this is a worthy sate capital just as Minna Metropolis) though my own opinion.
I boarded Minna bus from Maraba in Ilorin around 7:36am. The journey from there was smooth except for a mini accident that caused traffic hold up. Got to Jebba, remembered the bridge picture in one of my Primary school text "Onibon Oje" and the song my Headmaster taught me in Primary school which goes thus:

At the bank of Niger river (2ce)!
I sleep in the Night when the moonlight was up.
At the bank of Niger river.
We Got to Lafiagi and the story changed.
Suddenly my high speed vehicle changed and possessed the characteristics of Norway's capital city; OSLO making it synonymous with the simile of a snail because of the bad road portion from Mokwa to Bida (I remembered Professor Chinua Achebe's There WAS A country), me believe, if there IS still a country, the road wouldnt have been as bad as that. Thereby prolonging my Journey.
After leaving Bida for Minna; one will notice that only the patient dog eat the fastest bone as the road became a potholes free
one lane expressway way. Got to Paiko Camp at about 4:19pm. Carried my luggages on head. I cant forget to narrate that my waste bag, stapler and staple pins were collected. Green belts were seized from those that possesses it. Registered as number **** at the gate. Put my bag on the head for me to hear the soldier telling us to sing this song.
Soldier: Na who be mumu
Otondos; na corper be mumu.
Soldier: na who go tire
otondos: na we(corpers) go tire.
Proceeded to Hostel (anyone that knows where Elijah hall is (things has changed now) somewhere in outskirt of Lagos will thank God that Dubai's Five star hotels are better than 7 stars hotel in some of the third world). Went to southwest point of registration to collect my call up letter back up. Proceed to the mercury section after to the computer session. Later to my even number platoon whose square, multiplication and addition are the same. Got a khaki that will fit for a papa ajosco and not my richard cypher body. After which I was informed that food is ready where I paid to charge my flat battery. On the food; your guess is as good as mine. Light out at immediately 10:12pm.
OBSERVATION.
Temperature; That Niger is hot for a first timer like moi is an understatement (a co passenger said its closer to Hell fire which I immediately rebuked for myself, co-travellers and you as you are reading this epistle (lets remember that is not only rebuke that will make us not to be a partaker of lake of Fire but by the very CHOICE we make when the time is still our friend).
Road situation: the bad portion from mokwa to Bida is frustrating and really made me jealous my friends in ISEYIN, Ede and Sagamu camps.
Culture of Nigerian Politicians: I observed that the chief servant as Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger state is called and His Power party are not left out in the GOVERNANCE BY BILL BOARD mantra.
Wastefulness; the fallow land I saw if utilized very well will make hunger be a thing of the past in the whole of our dear federal of Nigeria. Campaign against deforestation and bush burning should be improved upon if only for the sake of Niger; the power state alone.
Geography; i will borrow from what the Bible says about Mountains surrounding Jerusalem. Here in Niger, Hill is their second landforms.
Conclusion
From the lyrics of Seven seasons by Beautiful Nubia will I draw my inspiration:
In my journey through the world
overland and oversea,
I see different cultures and Different people's way!
I was born where the SUN NEVER SETS OR RISES
I was Born where the HEAT is like a SECOND skin.
From the above, i might not be wrong to conclude that it take ssomeone who experienced Niger to be inspired to compose this part of Seven Season's track.
I want to encourage those that are in camp like me to endure(is this the right word?) as its only for a season.
Wishing those on their way a merciful potholes and hail storm free journey.
May we all have a fulfilling and glorious service year in our various states of deployment.

6 Likes

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Royalty1(m): 12:36am On Mar 06, 2013
chrisical: From Bayelsa camp.
Extra-ordinarily hectic and gruelling registration process but afterwards,it was all fun especially inside the male hostel.Hilarious dudes.
Hope Bayelsa has a good Camp now?
It used to be a School in Kaima. Served there in 2007.

Just Make sure you are ready for a Fire drill which they will most likely do for you guys next week.
Be sure to enjoy the funny weather there too as you will be sweating even while its raining sometimes.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by pawesome(m): 12:39am On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=Louis Maria]Benue is just so messed up...The state it self,d NYSC camp site included...No water for we Copers to bath...The place is just so tiring,but its fun...Meeting new people(good,bad,ugly,funny ones etc.)Finally eh,Benue is totally messed up.[/quote no vex ehn.me been finish frm bsu...as u complaining nw,wen d gals strt givin u all round stuff,dnt cmplain o
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by bengs(m): 1:18am On Mar 06, 2013
I will never forget my experience@ asaya camp kogi state....under captain patrick Aize omosigho...that man is the wickedest man av her seen ...(Permit that english pls)thas. D best way I can describe him!....
Well he was stoned out of the camp later....
When I first hit camp gbam!!!...na 12:30midnight...of the first day...all rooms hostel ..offices were already closed...I was offered one agbako rice by the peep @ the gate...soldiers...police and men of the civil defense....they told me that if the commandant could catch me ....I don die...!!....so I manage rice ..and I was told there is no water....in short na on top bench I sleep for infront of the parade ground!.......later I was fun allthru....not until pop wahala come....thank God ..I was later posted to where I lecture ND2 student and I was also my CDS coordinator....toto experience dey too with all d born again cofaz....#wink....

Nysc is a good experience for any Nigerian with naija blood.
Camp live was great and d memories lives on!...
Nysc was the best experience I ever had...
I met lot of peep...I was suprised to see hausas who were born again xtains..tot they are all muslim..!!! I feel in love with one hausa babe..she was toooooo cute..and d whole platoon knows...if not most corp members....
I love her a lot!.....but she is a muslim....
We still friends tho and her marriage is comin up on 1st week of june!...
NYSC is terribly a sweet experience...

But the worst part is that I never see job and I'never had any course to show my nysc certificate to any employer.....

Nigeria wake up!!!!
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by isamusainuwa: 1:27am On Mar 06, 2013
Kano camp is to far 4rm d metropolis haaaa,diff ppl wit diFf character in camp, as d hostel leader I hav made a lot a lot of fwnd isa here isa der al over so sooon haaaaaaa
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 06, 2013
CrazyMan: Don't you otondos have other experiences to share apart from girls... undecided
that's guyz for you.promiscous things.no mental faculty beyond sex.na so dem go spread HIV for that camp.
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by saoseun(m): 3:41am On Mar 06, 2013
lynpetra: Still dey take bottle of beer for Abuja.will be in Akwa Ibom tomorrow.I dare any soldier to try himself......he won't forget me at allllll... kiss kiss
. Pls Come quicklY o,am in Akwa Ibom camp already. My name is Seun am in Platoon 10
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by skytouch: 5:40am On Mar 06, 2013
Away from the experience, plz do anyone know the last time to report to camp cos my sister in her school yet to be cleared. She was posted to ANAMBRA state. Will camp still be open till friday? Plz someone to educate us on this.Also, can you describe the location of ANambra camp from Ibadan. Thanks my people
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by Charbless(m): 6:37am On Mar 06, 2013
In Sokoto camp (Govt Tech college), it aint funny @all. No water, No light. Jst came out frm d 1st parade to complete my Reg as (JJc) wey the RSM call us. I jst pray the Sun comes out late 2day

1 Like

Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by cyif2003(m): 6:45am On Mar 06, 2013
skytouch: Away from the experience, plz do anyone know the last time to report to camp cos my sister in her school yet to be cleared. She was posted to ANAMBRA state. Will camp still be open till friday? Plz someone to educate us on this.Also, can you describe the location of ANambra camp from Ibadan. Thanks my people
tink friday is d deadline sha. Anambra camp is along d onitsha enugu express way. Its a popular place. U wil enter a bus going to onitsha frm onitsha u will get anoda bus goinng to awka((nt more dan 300)) nd tell d driver dat u will stop at nysc camp((kant remember d name))
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by olybob: 6:46am On Mar 06, 2013
Youth obey d clarion call... Let us lift our nation high... Under d sun or in da rain with dedication nd selflesnes..... Nigeria's our's Nigeria we serve. Mak sure u learn dis 1 o, because na ur mng devotn b dat o. Ikare Akoko camp I remember dem, if u re walkng u re wrong! Double up!!
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by atanasofberry(m): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2013
Boys u beta wiseup,dat babe wey dey turn u 2 her 2nd meal ticket will end bin ur long distance frnd,use ur head!!!
Re: Otondos, Share Your First-day Camp Experience! by abuliveyoung(m): 7:33am On Mar 06, 2013
It was a sad xperience for me yesterday. I was posted 2 jigawa, on my way to kano d bus that i boarded 4rm lag stopped @ kaduna so that some of the passangers could alighted. Unfortunatly, d bag that contained all my documents! Was stolen 4rm d bus. All efforts tried 2 retrieve d documnts proved abortive. I've gotten an affidavit & police report 2 that effect but obviously they won't help. It was last 9te i tried my numba, luckily d number went thru and the guy promised 2 return all documents by 8am knwng how important they might be to me. I couldn't sleep throughout last 9te, as the young man made me stucked here in kaduna. I've been prayng fervently for God 2 touch d young man's heart so as 2 call me by that 8am & tell me d location whre 2 meet him just as promisd. Nairalanders & my fellow otondos, pls pray for me o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Graduate Internship At General Electric For Nigerian Graduates 2017 / What Is Holding Rivers State Government From Paying Us Our Allowance? / My Mother Is Pressurizing Me To Redeploy Home. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.