Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Touareg Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Touareg Music (1985 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touareg Music by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
i love Touareg music, especially the Rebel music. I will be posting some example here. Enjoy. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb77HetiOuQ
Re: Touareg Music by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Touareg Music by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 08, 2013
My crazy pagan grin you know your friends are destructing Mali right? And they are killing over Islam undecided undecided
Re: Touareg Music by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: My crazy pagan grin you know your friends are destructing Mali right? And they are killing over Islam undecided undecided

I have many Touareg friends. very decent and good simple folk. It is the Al-Qaeda backed Ansar Dine that is destroying Mali. there are many Arabs and fanatics in this faction along with I admit, Touaregs, Songhay, Bella, etc.

THis is however, NOT the MNLA (National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad) who are Liberal Touaregs and are Ansar Dine's enemies. they are not islamists.
They are for progress, development and establisment of a Democratic Touareg State in Azawad.

MNLA members. have you noticed btw, that among the Touareg, men veil/cover their faces and not women. It is a matrilineal (and formerly Matriarchal) society. wink
Re: Touareg Music by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I have many Touareg friends. very decent and good simple folk. It is the Al-Qaeda backed Ansar Dine that is destroying Mali. there are many Arabs and fanatics in this faction along with I admit, Touaregs, Songhay, Bella, etc.

THis is however, NOT the MNLA (National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad) who are Liberal Touaregs and are Ansar Dine's enemies. they are not islamists.
They are for progress, development and establisment of a Democratic Touareg State in Azawad.

MNLA members. have you noticed btw, that among the Touareg, men veil/cover their faces and not women. It is a matrilineal (and formerly Matriarchal) society. wink
ooo I see. But why are they seeking secession? Mali is a Muslim country right? Why they don't leave peacefully with their Muslim brothers. Also do support their quest? I mean should we encourage secessionists?
Re: Touareg Music by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ooo I see. But why are they seeking secession? Mali is a Muslim country right? Why they don't leave peacefully with their Muslim brothers. Also do support their quest? I mean should we encourage secessionists?

They are not seeking secession over religion. THe Touareg are infact, by nature very liberal about religion. they also have remnants of pre-islamic Pagan beliefs and SPirituality. THey are seeking secession for development. There is no development , north of Gao and Timbuctoo. The Touareg are finding it hard to continue their traditional Nomadic life due to drying up of water sources and grazing grounds because of climate change ,etc. added to that , the Mali troops burnt many of their grazing grounds with kerosene and diesel to starve them. Many Touareg youths are in cities like Timbuctoo ,etc and have no employment. Many TOuareg were killed and shot dead in the Touareg Rebellions , by Gadhaffi,etc. They are facing a lot of discrimination aswell. (The next song i post, by Tinariwen lead-singer Ibrahim Ag Alhabib, his dad was hanged during the Rebellion) . Being Nomads, they are not welcom in any country, be it Algeria, Libya, Mali, Niger,etc. The Touareg do not recognise such man-made boundaries since it hinders their tran-Sahel migration and they are Amazagh (Free-People).

The Ansar Dine want Mali to be united so they can impose shariaa across the Northern region.

Ofcourse I support their quest! It is time they get their own self-determination. Also many Songhay, Fuulbe etc., live in these areas and Touareg dont discriminate them.

If seccesionists are doing it for a right and reasonable cause, they deserve it. If that means imporvement of the lives of the people.
Re: Touareg Music by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:22am On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Touareg Music by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:58pm On Mar 14, 2013

(1) (Reply)

I Need The Lyrics Of Photocopy By 9ice / Talking The Hardest {9ja Mix Vol.1} Ft. Othello, Kel And M.i / Wizkid Drops Another Big Bang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.