Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum (11903 Views)

APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government / PDP Governors Forum Interactive Session, Lagos, Live On NTA /AIT And Channels. / Akpabio & Aliyu Nearly Fought At PDP Governors' Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by chino11(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has condemned attempts to factionalise the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), insisting that the recent formation of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum (PDPGF) was not in the interest of Nigeria.

Speaking with journalists in Owerri, the Governor who lately became a factional leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), noted that democratic ideals in the country would be best served if the NGF remained undivided.

“The Governors Forum has not been divided because we still have only one Governors’ Forum.

“I do not support the idea of Governors forming separate forum under different parties because if we allow that, very soon we will have APGA, ACN, ANPP Governors forums and it is not good and healthy for our democracy.

“We must learn when to drop politics and embrace governance. We should talk more about the future of the next generation and not who wins election.

“Governors’ Forum should remain as it is otherwise APC will have its own Governors’ Forum and it is not good for our democracy,” Okorocha said.

He argued that the formation of the PDP Governors Forum was a panicky reaction by the PDP which felt threatened by the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“The emergence of APC has jolted the PDP and it (PDP) has woken up to form the PDP Governors’ Forum, and I believe that any party in power that is not doing well should be changed,” he said.

Reacting to his unilateral involvement in the merger talks by opposition parties, the Governor said though he was a foundation member of the PDP, the party was no longer living up to its billing.

“I wholeheartedly supported the merger and I do not intend to turn away from it, because the APC is good for democracy and for Nigeria; it will guarantee the provision of dividends of democracy.”

He added: “I was one of the founding fathers of the PDP but the party is not what people think it should be, hence it is not the best for the South East.

“The APC is a child of necessity because Nigerians are tired of the PDP and now want a change through the APC; the APC will do well in the South East and it has come to replace the PDP.”

He pointed out that “of all the five key positions in the country – President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives and National Chairman of the PDP – none was allotted to the South East,” and expressed optimism that this would be redressed by the APC.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/okorocha-faults-formation-of-pdp-govs-forum/

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by chino11(m): 7:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
Where is this lad actually standing?

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
South/East's best governor has spoken and so be it

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by ibide(m): 8:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
Mr governor . What is ur concern , With the formation of Pdp governor's forum . ? Or do u want to join them ? By the way , who told u that pdp chairman is one of the most important post in the country

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by nonsom(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
We south eastherners as a whole we subjected to okorocha wherever he is there we are. We respect him he is a man of vision not merely a politician.

21 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Ngwakwe: 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
As days go by, I am beginning to decode that APC is a political alliance and will never materialize to a National registered political party.

APGA, ANPP, CPC, and ACN will continue to exist in the grassroot.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by chino11(m): 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: As days go by, I am beginning to decode that APC is a political alliance and will never materialize to a National registered political party.

Discount APGA from your calculation. APGA is never and will never be part of the merger.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by nonsom(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: As days go by, I am beginning to decode that APC is a political alliance and will never materialize to a National registered political party.

Bros never worry yourself it had already materialised. There alliants are their reinforcement.
Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
nonsom: We south eastherners as a whole we subjected to okorocha wherever he is there we are. We respect him he is a man of vision not merely a politician.

Well said

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by nonsom(m): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
chino11:

Discount APGA from your calculation. APGA is never and will never be part of the merger.
Don't worry yourself about APGA they will soon join the moving train. They antagonists there said that they are waiting for a due consultation.
Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by BBPREYEgarri: 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
chino11: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has condemned attempts to factionalise the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), insisting that the recent formation of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum (PDPGF) was not in the interest of Nigeria.

Speaking with journalists in Owerri, the Governor who lately became a factional leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), noted that democratic ideals in the country would be best served if the NGF remained undivided.

“The Governors Forum has not been divided because we still have only one Governors’ Forum.

“I do not support the idea of Governors forming separate forum under different parties because if we allow that, very soon we will have APGA, ACN, ANPP Governors forums and it is not good and healthy for our democracy.

“We must learn when to drop politics and embrace governance. We should talk more about the future of the next generation and not who wins election.

“Governors’ Forum should remain as it is otherwise APC will have its own Governors’ Forum and it is not good for our democracy,” Okorocha said.

He argued that the formation of the PDP Governors Forum was a panicky reaction by the PDP which felt threatened by the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“The emergence of APC has jolted the PDP and it (PDP) has woken up to form the PDP Governors’ Forum, and I believe that any party in power that is not doing well should be changed,” he said.

Reacting to his unilateral involvement in the merger talks by opposition parties, the Governor said though he was a foundation member of the PDP, the party was no longer living up to its billing.

“I wholeheartedly supported the merger and I do not intend to turn away from it, because the APC is good for democracy and for Nigeria; it will guarantee the provision of dividends of democracy.”

He added: “I was one of the founding fathers of the PDP but the party is not what people think it should be, hence it is not the best for the South East.

“The APC is a child of necessity because Nigerians are tired of the PDP and now want a change through the APC; the APC will do well in the South East and it has come to replace the PDP.”

He pointed out that “of all the five key positions in the country – President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives and National Chairman of the PDP – none was allotted to the South East,” and expressed optimism that this would be redressed by the APC.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/okorocha-faults-formation-of-pdp-govs-forum/

How do I turn this egg am frying so it won't split? Any ideas? Plss!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by ezedolar: 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Apc should filed Rochas as their presedential candidate he wil deliver

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Maxymilliano(m): 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okorocha talk something else jare, you are against PDP governors coming together to form a bloc within the governors forum, yet you are not against some opposition governors pledging their support for a new party...

Why taking panadol for other people's headache?

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
Somebody should shove a roast corn in this clowns mouth..

When APC governors were forming their alliance and walking the streets of Borno, why didn't they invite the PDP Governors!? angry

This man is should just shut the skunk up or go back to Ibari Ogwa.. angry.

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by MrAladin: 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
ibide: Mr governor . What is ur concern , With the formation of Pdp governor's forum . ? Or do u want to join them ? By the way , who told u that pdp chairman is one of the most important post in the country
gbam
Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by kpozite(m): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
Whatever happened to freedom of association Mr Governor?

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by ikweremilitant: 9:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
nonsom: We south eastherners as a whole we subjected to okorocha wherever he is there we are. We respect him he is a man of vision not merely a politician.
am not an easterner but I will advice u to speak for ursf as okorocha is loosng poplarity by dy.d man hs comited a political sucide let d pepl dat re decevng hm nd amechi my governor come nd vote for dem.well time is alwas honest nd wen time tell,body go telephone rochas

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by iamswizz(m): 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
chino11: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has condemned attempts to factionalise the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), insisting that the recent formation of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum (PDPGF) was not in the interest of Nigeria.

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by ujoatu(m): 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Amadioha kupiasi gi anya for this comment ewu
dotNaira: South/East's best governor has spoken and so be it

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
No doubt, PDP is crumbling. Their governors forum is for their own progress.
But Okorocha should mind his biz with APGA. He should focus on more developments in Imo State. If every party wish, they can all have their governors forum just. No man go vex as long as they are delivering good governance.
Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by sol2galay: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
chino11: Where is this lad actually standing?

Are you trying to tell me he is not making sense or just hating?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by chino11(m): 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
sol2galay:

Are you trying to tell me he is not making sense or just hating?

Which hating?

Ofcourse you and I know that okorocha is incoherent..
Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by jeron1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
Well, let's see
Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Ofido(m): 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
This Okorocha man we the Igbos are also not happy with the way u are romancing with APC with out due consultation with the rigthful owners of APGA. Remember this guys wher in APGA before u.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by nonsom(m): 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ofido: This Okorocha man we the Igbos are also not happy with the way u are romancing with APC with out due consultation with the rigthful owners of APGA. Remember this guys wher in APGA before u.
Mind you leadership is not a game of how far, but is how well. the people you refered as first people in APGA are not visionaries.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Ayorh4you(m): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
Rochas shaaaa..........he is becoming more confused day after day. Somebody pls call 911. I think he needs an emergency aTtention
Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
BBPREYEgarri:

How do I turn this egg am frying so it won't split? Any ideas? Plss!

Exclude Nairaland from the ingredients and you are on point! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju: Somebody should shove a roast corn in this clowns mouth..

When APC governors were forming their alliance and walking the streets of Borno, why didn't they invite the PDP Governors!? angry

This man is should just shut the skunk up or go back to Ibari Ogwa.. angry.
DUMB POST! I CAN SEE YOU AND YOUR BROTHER IN CRIME TRYING TO SKIN MY GOVERNOR ALIVE, BUT YOUR PRAYERS WON'T WORK. NA ROCHAS WE GO FOLLOW WHETHER UNA LIKE AM OR NOT. NONSENSE!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit / Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo / PSC Defers Decision On Abba Kyari, Police To Conclude Investigation In 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.