Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet (3310 Views)

Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) / Massive Fibroid Removed From A Woman In Akwa-Ibom (Graphic Photos) / 14 Reasons To Include Cashew Nuts In Your Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by nikkypearl(f): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
If you love your heart then you need to severely restrict or remove some foods from your diet. It’s not about punishing yourself; it’s about keeping yourself alive. There are a lot of tasty foods out there that are healthier, so just replace some of these food with something healthier.

You need to kick Alfredo sauce out of your diet.

The three main ingredients in it are butter, salt and cheese which are often consumes each on their own but still manage to be harmful to your health. You can restrict the amount that you use by asking for the sauce on the side and only using a little of it. The key with Alfredo sauce is moderation. Avoid heaping portions of pasta and large amounts of sauce and you can still keep a little bit of Alfredo in your life.

Fried foods are a killer.

Restaurants fry food in the same oil over and over again, which may taste good on your chicken or fires but it is definitely not good for you. Trans fats begin to build up in the grease as more and more food is fried in it. If you fry your foods in olive oil then you will cause less damage to your body. Olive oil is a heart healthy oil, so if you have to fry something, fry it in that.

Soda is not good for you either because of all of the sugar in it.

Just by consuming one sugar-filled drink a day, men increase their likelihood of having a heart attack by 20 percent. Diet soda increases your risk of stroke and death too, so it would probably be best if your stuck to vegetable juices and water
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ah! I m guilty... Lord help me with my diets. It's not my fault, na my condition o! That's why I v to become so...rich & comfortable that I ll eat what suits my health & not just anything my small can afford.
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by sobastical: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
Thanks. Very helpful need to watch out now.
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by excondido(m): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
i am always tempted to take a bottle of cola drink (coke, pepsi) for energy because am always on the go on field. i suppose the sugar in a bottle are short on the calories i need as i get hungry before an hour or two probably from burning those sugar to energy.

op can this be otherwise?
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by greatgod2012(f): 3:31am On Mar 11, 2013
@op, this is very insightful, i will also add that all these fast food joints meals have nothing or very little benefits to offer to our body, its encouraged to always go for naturally prepared foods, where we can reducesome ofl d ingredients that are somehow not too good to our health, for instance, those seasonings we use in our foods are not all that good for our health, but in those joints, they adds a lot to make d meal more tasty, whereas, when we prepare our meals by ourselves, we can use healthier ingredients and reduce d non-healthy ingredients to its bearest minimum, all these may sound not necessary, but they go a long way in our being in good health. Also, as d op suggested, we need lots of fruits and vegetables, these are what our body needs, an orange is better than a fried meat/fishpie, an avocado pear is better than butter,etc., and then, we need a lot of water, im involved in what is knwn in "water therapy" and im a living testimony of hw it helped me to loose weight, for those who like taking those sugary drinks like coke, pepsi,fanta,etc, just try and replace d drinks with water for a week and see how better you are going to be, not to talk of hw healthy you will always be if you cut those drink away from your diets.
Also, stretching and exercise is also good for our body, it doesnt have to be strenuos ones, if its just stretching and walking, it goes a long way to ensure that our hearts are functioning properly and also helps to burn fats that have accumulated in our bodies.
May God help us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by aadetoyin(f): 7:17am On Mar 11, 2013
Guilty as charged!
Guilty of the drinking Cola. Tried to stop some time ago but was only able to reduce my in take.
Chei! I need divine intervention grin
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by NoQualms1(f): 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
Frying food with olive oil? I'm hearing that for the first time. I thought it's used for churchy things.
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 15, 2013
I have stopped frying stuffs and basically bake plantain, yam, chicken, meat. All i do is to marinate and bake. Awesome. sweater than fried stuff, imo
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by adaxxy: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
The olive oil you are referring to is different from cooking olive oil I use olive oil for the past 5yrs now and I have stopped using salts in cooking instead I use maggi plenty of ginger ,onions and moderate garlic
Re: Three Foods That Are Killing You And Need To Be Removed From Your Diet by nature20: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
@nikkypearl, God bless you for sharing,you are saving souls.

(1) (Reply)

Antibiotics: What They Are And How To Use Them By Nairaland / Govt To Include Cancer Treatment Under NHIS / Eczema Treatment

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.