Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe (6903 Views)

Court Orders That Alleged Nyanya Bombers Be Tried In Camera / Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / Ibori Will Still Be Tried In Nigeria,’ Efcc Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by lekanolas: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
Indications have emerged that the former chairman of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Chief Olabode George, may have been tried in error by the Lagos State High Court, which sentenced him to two years imprisonment for contracts splitting and inflation in 2009.

Revelation by the Acting Director of Public Prosecution of the Federal Government, Mr. O.T Olatigbe, according to documents made available to National Mirror shows that there was no fiat from his office ordering the trial of George, a former National Vice Chairman (South- West) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Olatigbe, in a response to a memo by the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Mohammed Adoke, which requested for the fiat upon which the trial was based, said there was no record of any such fiat with his office.

It will be recalled that a Lagos State High Court, Ikeja division, presided by Justice Joseph Oyewole, had convicted George and five others over alleged contracts splitting and inflation and slammed them with a two-year jail term without option of fine.

They include the former Managing Director of the NPA, Arc. Aminu Dabo; Captain O. Abidoye; Alhaji Abdulahi Aminu Tafida; Alhaji Zanna Maidaribe and Engr. Sule Aliyu who was joined as 6th defendant after the charge was amended.

The DPP in the memo dated February 25, 2010, stated: “I contacted the legal adviser of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Chile on phone and he told me that the Lagos State Attorney-General, gave EFCC the fiat to prosecute Chief Bode George at the Lagos State High Court, since the offence is a state offence and that no fiat was issued Mr. Festus Keyamo, and that it was the commission that engaged him for the matter, based on the fiat issued to it.

“Based on the above premise, it is my humble submission that EFCC failed to secure a fiat for Festus Keyamo to represent a Federal Government agency in court, and that action alone is fatal to the trial of Chief Bode George, for it is only a legal officer in the employment of the Federal Ministry of Justice or under the employment of EFCC that can prosecute any matter for EFCC without a fiat,” he said.

He also stressed the fact that the Federal Ministry of Justice always deploy competent legal officers to EFCC to prosecute its cases.

The AGF had in a memo dated April 16 with reference no: HAGF/ EFCC/2010/1/47 and addressed to the chairman of the EFCC, requested to be furnished with “details of any fiat issued to Mr. Festus Keyamo to prosecute the case against George in the High Court of Lagos State and also defend the appeal arising therefrom to this office immediately.”

Read more on:
Source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/bode-george-tried-in-error-says-dpp/
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by grafikii: 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Come 2015 he will be properly tried and sentenced to death along with he fellow pdp theives

4 Likes

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by GARRIx10: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
Adoke is‎​ nothing but a F00L!!!

angry

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by superior1: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Then they will set aside the Judgement and declare Bode as clean as whistle, Its sure Jonathan's time to repay his loyalists and friends, where is the fiat to prosecute ALAMAISIAYE

11 Likes

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by FiftyFifty(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
Maybe they meant “he stole in error“ just maybe.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by miteolu(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
na today. Where is BANK-OLE?
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by zuma4k(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
I c
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by UnknownMember: 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=16pt]Does this mean that his conviction would be overturned and his jail records esponged?! shocked shocked shocked [/size]
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by mbhs139(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
They want to start another magic again

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by momodub: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
hen hen WTF
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by omenka(m): 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
The disease that afflicts this country is a terminal one. The nation is on deathrow.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by RedLight1: 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
bode ewon george .... bloody convict
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by azyaq(m): 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
mbhs139: They want to start another magic again
gbam
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Cmoyor: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hmmm.... I unpledge to Nigeria my country

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by chemashie(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
Even Nigeria was also created and amalgamated in error. Oshisco..

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by dridowu: 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
SincereNigerian Group
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by ibitomisi: 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
am getting confused
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by HVILLE: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
inside dis hot sun,somepeople wan start season3 of bode thief,ok now i dey watch ooo God help dis country

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by kareem257: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Cmoyor: Hmmm.... I unpledge to Nigeria my country
lol
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by humpito(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Wonders shall never cease
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by lordcastro: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
what the hell is this country turning into..................

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by ochukoccna: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Isn't it our courts here that Ibori was acquitted over a 100 charges but pleaded guilty to just 8 charges in a British court?
Legal fiat none existent lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ,yet he did 2 years in gaol shocked shocked shocked
Nigeria never ceases to amaze you
By Nigeria I mean civil servants and government officials even religious clerics
When you read things like this, Nigeria seems supremely irredeemable angry angry

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by jeron1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
E be like say, dem want to tell mi, anoda story again Ooº°˚..
PDP i haill thee, dem just dey use us do rubbish for this country...
Shows we the citizens na just toy Ooº°˚

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Pennywise(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mohammed Adoke is today's Aondoakaa. A shameless, mindlessly corrupt lawyer in the employ of the Federal govt as attorney General. Again like in Aondoakaa's case, the NBA has been cowed into silence. What a shame.

Jonathan's govt cannot pretend to be fighting corruption when the likes of Adoke remains in its cabinet. I genuinely feel ashamed being Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by omaigala(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
O God of creation

Direct our noble cause

Guide our leaders right

Help our youth the truth to know

In love and honesty to grow

And living just and true

Great lofty heights attain

To build a nation where peace

And justice reign.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by miiraaj: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
PDP wants to clean the image of one of its criminals. cheesy
I laugh in PDP...

Trying to spray perfume on a filty pig. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
They wan to act another movie again?
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by exbash: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
abeg oo wetin be fiat ? am not a learner lipsrsealed
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by bokohalal(m): 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
lekanolas: Indications have emerged that the former chairman of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Chief Olabode George, may have been tried in error by the Lagos State High Court, which sentenced him to two years imprisonment for contracts splitting and inflation in 2009.

Revelation by the Acting Director of Public Prosecution of the Federal Government, Mr. O.T Olatigbe, according to documents made available to National Mirror shows that there was no fiat from his office ordering the trial of George, a former National Vice Chairman (South- West) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Olatigbe, in a response to a memo by the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Mohammed Adoke, which requested for the fiat upon which the trial was based, said there was no record of any such fiat with his office.

It will be recalled that a Lagos State High Court, Ikeja division, presided by Justice Joseph Oyewole, had convicted George and five others over alleged contracts splitting and inflation and slammed them with a two-year jail term without option of fine.

They include the former Managing Director of the NPA, Arc. Aminu Dabo; Captain O. Abidoye; Alhaji Abdulahi Aminu Tafida; Alhaji Zanna Maidaribe and Engr. Sule Aliyu who was joined as 6th defendant after the charge was amended.

The DPP in the memo dated February 25, 2010, stated: “I contacted the legal adviser of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Chile on phone and he told me that the Lagos State Attorney-General, gave EFCC the fiat [/b]to prosecute Chief Bode George at the Lagos State High Court, since the offence is a state offence and that[b] no fiat was issued Mr. Festus Keyamo, and that it was the commission that engaged him [/b]for the matter, [b]based on the fiat issued to it.

“Based on the above premise, it is my humble submission that[b] EFCC failed to secure a fiat for Festus Keyamo[/b] to represent a Federal Government agency in court, and that action alone is fatal [/b]to the trial of Chief Bode George, for [b]it is only a legal officer in the employment of the Federal Ministry of Justice or under the employment of EFCC that can prosecute any matter for EFCC without a fiat,” he said.

He also stressed the fact that the Federal Ministry of Justice always deploy competent legal officers to EFCC to prosecute its cases.

The AGF had in a memo dated April 16 with reference no: HAGF/ EFCC/2010/1/47 and addressed to the chairman of the EFCC, requested to be furnished with “details of any fiat issued to Mr. Festus Keyamo to prosecute the case against George in the High Court of Lagos State and also defend the appeal arising therefrom to this office immediately.”

Read more on:
Source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/bode-george-tried-in-error-says-dpp/

I am still scratching my head. If EFFC was given a fiat and they passed it on to Festus Keyamo,what then is the Problem?
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Demdem(m): 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
It doesn't change anything, he remains "tewonde" George.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Coming After Afonjas One By One (Photos) / Video: War Dancers Storm Umuahia(see Ancestral Weapon Dey Gave Kanu 2destroy Nig / North Richer Than South West Because South West Lives On Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.