Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

How Not To Right Online - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Not To Right Online (699 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Right Online by my2cents(m): 11:12am On Mar 21, 2008
So, I have been looking at this topic for a few days now:

Technology Roadmap: Where Is Africa’s Silicon Valley?
http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=127&a=12745

However, each time I go to read it, I get nightmares. Why? See for yourselves. Suffice it to say that whoever published this article needs to be flogged. Let's just hope it isn't a web developer.

From lack of paragraphs to use of a small font, this article wreaks with, "please modify me immediately!" How do I go about reading this? Where do I start? Maybe this happened or not, but in general, after we are done with such a site, we need to sit down with the business owners and go through some sort of training as to how to use the application. Personally, even after deploying a site, I visit them regularly and if I see anything wrong, I let the client know. Sometimes they get fixed, sometimes they don't but at least I let them know. Why? Cos when someone visits a site, chances are, they are not asking for who, as in this case, published the article but who developed the site.

okay, It's friday and I am off my soapbox now cool

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Artists And Web Programmers Needed / Real Web Scripters/developer Wanted For A Web Development Work. / Linking Up With Directories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.