Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Help! I Cant Configure My Ethrnet Card To Browse With My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! I Cant Configure My Ethrnet Card To Browse With My Laptop (663 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Will I Configure My Modem For Etisalat Sim. / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Cant Configure My Ethrnet Card To Browse With My Laptop by shaze(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2008
A cousin of mine sent me a laptop that came with a Dyenex ethernet card but no installation driver.I finally downloaded the driver from tthe manufacturers website (thats Dynex) but yet it has refused to set up the ethernet card.Its te exact Driver as indicated on the card (DX-E201). Ive asked my couz if he knows anything but unfortunately he's not a tech geek.
Someone suggestted that i buy a wireless network adapter (those ones that look like flash drives) but right now im not bucks up.Thoose anyone ehave any idea on how i can configure this etthernet card or am i damned on not being able to use my laptop to browse 4ever? Its a Dell Latittude,Pentium 3
Id really appreciate ur help. Thanks a lot. Gabriel
Re: Help! I Cant Configure My Ethrnet Card To Browse With My Laptop by Neoteny(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2008
if you want to be absolutely sure you got the right driver, go to device manager (you know how to, dont you?) and if you see a yellow question mark, then theres a problem. if theres no yellow question mark, check the properties page of the card to see wheter windows will tell you its status. if it says " this device is working properly", then its all set up and the problem most likely lies elsewhere. if it says "this device cannot start", then you have the wrong drivers.

laptops are supposed to come with ethernet built in, but if yours didnt at least specify for us whether its a USB add-on or a pccard type as that info will help us help you. also browsing is different from connecting, sometimes you can connect to a network and lack the ability to browse; when you ping you get a response but you still cant browse. therefore, confirm your lancard type, and whether or not you can connect to a network.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Dual Core Motherboad And Normal Pentium Motherboard / Need A Computer Networker? Get One Here. / Complete Video Training On Ms Exchange Server 2003 [mcse 70-284 Exam]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.