Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,529 members, 7,861,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing (889 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2013
Among pastors there is a terrible abuse of using law tithing to place the church back under the condemnation of the law. This must be stopped (Titus 1:11). Jesus taught the church of Paul’s dispensation a better way of giving without the law.

Below are some reasons you should stop law tithing.

1. We are not under the law of tithing
Tithing was part of the law. We are no longer under it. (Rom 6:14)

2. The law of tithing is weak
A required tithe does not change the heart or the action. (Mat 23:23, Gal 4:9, Rom 8:3)

3. The law tithe is beggarly
Law tithing always requests more. It is not a gift. It is merely fulfilling an obligation (Gal 4:9)

4. There is no Levitical priesthood today
The most popular tithe today is the tithe that went to the Levitical priesthood (Num 18:21). There is no Levitical priesthood today.

5. The pastor does not replace the priest
Preachers and teachers in the body of Christ church are not priests. Christ is the only mediator (1 Tim 2:5).

6. We do not inherit Israel’s land
The tithe given to the Levites was because they had no land inheritance (Numbers 18:21).

5. There are no more temple sacrifices
Since Christ paid it all there is no need to pay (tithe) someone else to do this service.

6. The local church does not replace the temple
Know ye not that you are the temple of God not your building! ( 1 Cor 3:16)

7. The church does not observe required feast day celebrations
It was three times a year in Deut 16:16. At certain feast days is where the tithes would be offered. One tithe even allowed you to stay home and spend it on what you desired (Deut 14:26).

8. Law tithing requirements were greater than 10 percent
Deut 14:28 is one example of the tithe on the increase every 3 years that was above the regular Levitical tithe. There are other required offerings also according to Mal 3:9.

9. Christ has given the church all spiritual blessings
Those blessings are in heavenly places in Christ (Eph 1:3)

10. God provides all our needs without tithing
Phil 4:19 says your needs are supplied according to his riches in glory in Christ. What you need is not physical it is spiritual.

11. Law tithing obligates the doer to the entire law – Gal 5:3, James 2:10

12. Peace with God is attained without tithing - Romans 5:1

13. We work to provide for our needs in this dispensation
Paul makes it clear that if we don’t work we don’t eat (2 Thess 3:10). Mat 6:11 and Mal 3:10 are not effective today. If we do not provide for our own today we are “worse than an infidel (1 Tim 5:8 )

14. The tithe was required
Giving today is not “of necessity” (2 Cor 9:7). This is an important distinction between generosity and obligation.

15. The law tithe places you under a curse
If you do not continue tithing then you can be cursed (Gal 3:10)

16. Christ has redeemed you from the law of tithing
Law tithing represents ignorance or negligence of Christ’s cross (Gal 3:13, 1 Cor 1:17, Gal 2:21).
“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. ” – Gal 2:21

Editor’s note:
This resource is not intended to dissuade giving generously to the Lord’s causes. God loves generosity as a reflection of your thanksgiving to Him. While this resource explains why Paul’s doctrine teaches you to stop law tithing, God does not teach lesser generosity.
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” – 2 Cor 9:7
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by mysticgal(f): 11:34am On Mar 07, 2013
you stand a chance of losing your life.read malachi chapter 3,btw are you a real born again or a born against.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 07, 2013
mysticgal: you stand a chance of losing your life.read malachi chapter 3,btw are you a real born again or a born against.

Lose my life
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Goshen360(m): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
mysticgal: you stand a chance of losing your life.read malachi chapter 3,btw are you a real born again or a born against.

He stands the chance of losing his life for not tithing shocked and where is that written in Malachi 3 please This must be a new stuff I need to know about.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by JIL(m): 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2013

This is a new one. Please, do you mind explaining this scripturally?
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by mysticgal(f): 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
check mark3:29,,,,hebrews7:5-10,,,malachi3:8-12.i rest my case
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Goshen360(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
mysticgal: check mark3:29

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

mysticgal: hebrews7:5-10

5And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: 6But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. 8And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth. 9And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. 10For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

mysticgal: malachi3:8-12.

8Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

mysticgal:

i rest my case

My dear sister, you cannot just rest your case like that o. You have to explain how not paying tithe makes the OP loose his life. Besides, what if I tell you need to read Hebrews 7 to the end, verse 18 nullifies, cancelled and disannulled and ended tithe\tithing; will you take time to study it slowly and ask yourself question that what is the 'commandment' in verse 18 that is disanulled. Hopefully, you will understand tithing is not for Christians.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by shdemidemi(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
Bro. Man is wired to always go back to the Law...it takes a renewal of the mind and d constant hearing of the true word of God that takes the vale of the law of Moses covering their eyes. Stand strong in your passion to unveil people's eyes.Though,People will keep arguing with you until they understand GRACE .
Personally, I think you should stick to teaching the gospel. If they really want to learn about God, they will get the message through there.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Goshen360(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
^^^
Thanks bro. I'm doing just that but the canker worm has eaten so deep into the church. It will take consistency in God's grace to loose God's people from these grip of falsehood. GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus Christ but the law was GIVEN by Moses. Meaning, I can GIVE you something or a gift from afar, BUT when I COME to you, I come to create a relationship and for you to KNOW me.....That's why you often hear Christ say, "I have COME....that they might HAVE life...". Grace and truth unlike the law wasn't GIVEN, He CAME. I will continue doing the work of Christ in the Apostolic Grace. God bless you bro.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by mysticgal(f): 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
went to my pastor,he told me my words were wrong,frosbel am sorry.i quickly said it in ignorance.sorry.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by mysticgal(f): 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
but he said,tithe is mandated of evry christian,but if it's the way u see it,go on,still apologising.i judged u wrongly.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by PastorKun(m): 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
mysticgal: but he said,tithe is mandated of evry christian,but if it's the way u see it,go on,still apologising.i judged u wrongly.

Ask your pastor to quote for you one single scripture in the new testament addressed to christians asking them to tithe. Also ask him that why is it only tithes that is being retained out of over 600 obsolete mosaic laws in the bible. Pls note that matthew 23:23 was being addressed to pharisees who were under the law and mandated to tithe so don't let anyone confuse you with that verse as christians are not under the law.
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
mysticgal: went to my pastor.
Now now, you don reach your pastor come back? I shiver for you o!
Hope your pastor has not started hammering u :0
Re: 16 Reasons You Should Stop Tithing by Goshen360(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
mysticgal: but he said,tithe is mandated of evry christian,but if it's the way u see it,go on,still apologising.i judged u wrongly.

My sister, like I said. Hebrews 7:1-end is where tithe was abolished. We teach the truth of God's word. When you read Hebrews 7 and you get to verse 18 and it says, "the commandment is disannulled...". Stop there and ask yourself this question that what 'commandment' is the writer talking about. Then read again and begin to look for wherever the word 'commandment' is used in context from verse one and underline it. You will see the 'commandment' specified. Then follow the re-read against back to verse 18 and apply it in context. Whatever the commandment you found out before verse 18 is the same that is DISANNULLED and CANCELLED. You might be shocked your pastor had being lying to you for year what you discover yourself.

In addition to what Pastor Kun said above there. Also, you might read and study or show your pastor Deuteronomy 14:22-29 and read it slowly also. You might also find verse 25 & 26 very interesting. I'm sure your pastor and you might not know about these scriptures in Deuteronomy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Persecuting Who? / ''A Message From Hell, I Saw ... In Hell.'' / Who'll Take the Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.