Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,739 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage (713 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage by adaagbozu: 2:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
i got engaged last year september, so after the introduction the guy lost his job on 2nd of october,
so ever since then he's been jobless and i'm somehow confussed. because i'm the only one catering for myself.
and every month as soon i collect my salary 3300 i will spend part on feedings in his house .

can anyone help me out, i want to know if what am doing is right or wrong.
should i continue waiting for him. i am 31 and the guy is 34 to be 35 by may.
Re: Marriage by Mynd44: 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
Moved to the family section. I hopr Greatgod and the rest can help you
Re: Marriage by baby124: 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
What exactly do you want. Court wedding is not expensive. I dont get this post. Can you explain further what the problem is and what you want
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
baby_123: What exactly do you want. Court wedding is not expensive. I dont get this post. Can you explain further what the problem is and what you want
She's saying the guy is no longer able to shoulder his responsibilities as a man and needs advice.
Re: Marriage by baby124: 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
Brand_new:
She's saying the guy is no longer able to shoulder his responsibilities as a man and needs advice.

Yea, but what exactly is her problem? And the 3,300 a month salary sounds funny. She has already moved in with the guy and is paying some of the bills. Everyone has ups and downs so that shouldnt be the problem. It is not like she met him as a loafer and accepted a ring from him. Is she saying she can no longer handle the responsibility? She has not said the guy is lazy and unwilling to look for something to do. Or is it that he has not married her yet? She needs to explain some more what she wants, and where she wants to be.
Re: Marriage by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
3,300 in what currency? Definitely not in Naira

You can get married but delay childbirth until some thing show or your finances improve
Re: Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
adaagbozu: i got engaged last year september, so after the introduction the guy lost his job on 2nd of october,
so ever since then he's been jobless and i'm somehow confussed. because i'm the only one catering for myself.
and every month as soon i collect my salary 3300 i will spend part on feedings in his house .

can anyone help me out, i want to know if what am doing is right or wrong.
should i continue waiting for him. i am 31 and the guy is 34 to be 35 by may.

1. Is he educated and sincerely looking for job?, if yes, this is his trying time, wait for him, he has prospect, but, i will advise that you dont get married until he has a regular source of income, no matter how small, regardless.
2. Is he nice, kind and loving to you, if yes, he is likely to continue like that, after marriage.
3. Does he have d fear of God, as in, does he always consider ding good always, if yes, then, he is worth it.
Actually, as a person, i dont really have problem with you spending your own money on yourselves, but my problem is, does he appreciate it, what is your assessment of him by you, you know him better than us, if hes d type that you have assessed to be responsible, i mean, someone who will be alive and quick to his responsibilities, someone who will see you as part of him, someone who will see your needs as his needs, but is only temporarily handicapped by his present unemployment status, then, you are doing d right thing, no condition is permanent, its only for a phase, and d phase will soon pass.
However, i will advise that d wedding can hold until he has a regular income, it may not be much, but no matter how small, it can help you to sustain yourselves, (marriage and family responsibilities aint beans).
Also, you also need to advise him to look for something to do, even if its menial, pending d time a better job will come.
Meanwhile, whenever d wedding will be holding, go for a low key wedding, so that you can use d excess cash(if provided by your families) to establish yourselves, at least, it will be an addittion to your salary.
May God guide you and give you d necessary wisdom to always do d right thing.
Re: Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
dayokanu: 3,300 in what currency? Definitely not in Naira

You can get married but delay childbirth until some thing show or your finances improve

i want to believe its an error, she meant 33,000 naira.........hope im right sha......
Re: Marriage by sholay2011(m): 8:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
greatgod2012:

i want to believe its an error, she meant 33,000 naira.........hope im right sha......
LOLz! Now this cracked me up!
Re: Marriage by chyseth(m): 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
if am the guy, i will not go on with the marriage again. For God's sake, the bible that i read, says he that finds a wife, find a good thing and obtains favour. it did not say he that marries a wife but he that finds a wife. my dear, consider it o, as this favour indicator can also be considered in this context, are the two of u actually meant to be one? *just saying sha*

(1) (Reply)

7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women / A Pricess Is Born / Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.