Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Good Software Programming Books - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Good Software Programming Books (1496 Views)

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Software For Community Pharmacy? / Where (bookshop) To Get Hot Programming Books / Hire Me For Any Software Programming Languages,projects And Assignements. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Software Programming Books by omoluc: 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2008
I stay in Ajegunle, Apapa, Lagos. i need books on computer programming, software development, at least for beginners like me. I want a book that will make me learn from the scratch (i.e. what is computer programming) smiley.

Please can some one suggest to or tell me where i can find in Lagos city, and at what price? A simple-to-understand computer programming book.

i would surely appreciate the advice of some Good Fellows.

thanx. grin
Re: Good Software Programming Books by sayhi2ay(m): 1:02am On Mar 25, 2008
Starting Out With Java: From Control Structures Through Objects
Author: Tony Gaddis

you can get the 5th edition,
Re: Good Software Programming Books by aphoe(m): 10:46am On Apr 03, 2008
you can go to www.btebook.com

ther are tons of books there anf they are all free
Re: Good Software Programming Books by javadevil: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2008
what programming language do you want to start with?

1 Like

Re: Good Software Programming Books by efeboy(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2008
Thanks, sayhi2ay, aphoe, javadevil. I need a Language that is best and good for beginners. The type of language i can study eventhough i am not good in Mathematics. i am a novice.

NB: My new identity is efeboy. It is omoluc that is in the house.
Re: Good Software Programming Books by alexis(m): 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2008
efeboy,

Start with C and move move to other higher level languages like Java or C++. It is your choice though but I will recommend C to start with.

Check out http://knowfree.net for free ebooks on most programming languages
Re: Good Software Programming Books by javadevil: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2008
Efeboy, Java is just the right place to start, you need not go back to starting with a language like C cos java is very easy to learn and you don't need to be a mathematician, I recommend The java tutorial you'll find on java.sun.com website or google it. if you have any problems when you start contact me or just post it here,
Re: Good Software Programming Books by efeboy(m): 10:52am On Apr 25, 2008
God bless you all, i really appreciate you i think i am getting things clearer. Before now i bought this book 'Programming with C' by Gottfried from the Schuamm's Outlines, is this book good for learning C programming language.

what of Java what book is good Java as well, though i have been given prescription before but i still want more.

thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Tutors Needed In Pogramming / Get A Superb,customised And Affordable Microfinance Banking Software In Nigeria / Viewnaija.com Is Looking For Nigerian Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.