Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning (11214 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole At The Commissioning Of Uju Romi Ultra Modern Market (Pics) / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant / Anambra Oil Field Ready For Commissioning Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by awodman: 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
CMEC completes Omotosho 500MW power plant

The China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC), managers of Phase 2, Omotosho Power Plant, Ondo State, on Thursday said it has completed the 500mw plant.

Mr Liu Zhao-Long, the Managing Director of the company, who spoke to newsmen in Lagos said that the four turbines were functioning.

``The project had been completed but the official commissioning will take place later this month. It will be commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan. We have finished work on Omotosho Phase 2. The four turbines are contributing 500 Mega Watts to the national grid.''

Zhao-Long his company would be in charge of the facility for the warranty period of one year, before handing it over to the Nigerian government.

He commended the effort of the Federal Government toward ensuring stable electricity supply to Nigerians.

NAN
Source:www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/52746-cmec-completes-omotosho-500mw-power-plant

4 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by karlmax2: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
well done to gej and his team though more needs to be done nigeria is moving foward

13 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by hercules07: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
karl max: well done to gej and his team though more needs to be done nigeria is moving foward

You might want to credit OBJ too, I despise the man but he was the one behind this power plant.

13 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Obiora4life: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
hercules07:

You might want to credit OBJ too, I despise the man but he was the one behind this power plant.

If it were abandoned, would you have debited it to OBJ as well?

42 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by awodman: 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
Obiora4life:

If it were abandoned, would you have debited it to OBJ as well?
Bros abeg no mind his type..a very good word to describe them are hypocrites...one thing am happy with is that the ugly,fat looking sexy lie that 'there is notin on ground' as refers to GEJ's adminstration is gradually been punctured as events of the past months Ave shown..GEJ thumbs up..but more needs to be done

12 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Sealeddeal(m): 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
hercules07:

GEJ alone is to be credited for the completion of the Omotosho power generation plant. You'd better give honour to whom honour is due.GEJ deserve praise for all his efforts towards total transformation of nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
The haters will soon come and tell us to give credit to Lord Lugard for initiating the project and Pa Awolowo for conceiving the idea.

I wonder who will now take credit for the Ajaokuta Steel Complex that has been uncompleted for decades and presently moribund? Nobody. But when GEJ manages to complete it, haters will bring up 100GB files to show how the project was started by Lord Lugard in 1914.

31 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by otokx(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
but we still do not have electricity in Uniport 2 weeks now.

3 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by karlmax2: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
i knoW if this Was about fashole sWitching on street light or amosun commissioning over head bridge the thread Would have gone viral by noW.cos this is bad neWs to some folks

17 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
E-witches and wizards won't see this thread. They rather see Gej fail so that they can have cause to celebrate in their coven. God pass all of una.

10 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Igwe9(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
Gej is working, for haters and saboteurs to arrogate the glory to another person calls for xformer hugging with a wet body when it's finally commissioned and energised.

God pass una. . . cool

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by awodman: 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
Mods we go beg una before this post hits the front page
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 8:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko ile was viewing this thread just now. I guess he must have bowed out in shame as usual.

ENEMIES OF PROGRESS

15 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2013
awodman: Mods we go beg una before this post hits the front page

Mods? Do we still have mods on this forum? Better save your breath.

Is Kim Kardashian's pregancy real or fake?

How do you like Tonto Dike's outfit at the Nigerian Movie Awards?

Those are the issues the ''mods'' care about on their front page.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EKONGKING: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
Go GEJ .If you can fix the power sector then ur the hero of the mass smiley

7 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EKONGKING: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
GEJ will sweep the elections smiley

3 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by hercules07: 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
awodman:
Bros abeg no mind his type..a very good word to describe them are hypocrites...one thing am happy with is that the ugly,fat looking sexy lie that 'there is notin on ground' as refers to GEJ's adminstration is gradually been punctured as events of the past months Ave shown..GEJ thumbs up..but more needs to be done

You are a slowpoke for calling me a hypocrite, I give props to those who deserve it, OBJ also deserved some credit for that plant because he initiated it. I have seen and worked at industrial cities in Saudi Arabia, I know what good infrastructure looks like.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
gramci: Eko ile was viewing this thread just now. I guess he must have bowed out in shame as usual.

ENEMIES OF PROGRESS

Ode, wetin your useless and incompetent drunken fisherman uncle odechukwu get to do with this power plant? He can not even award contract to wipe his own nose?

Credit goes to Yaradua (RIP)

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode, wetin your useless and incompetent drunken fisherman uncle odechukwu get to do with this power plant? He can not even award contract to wipe his own nose?

grincheesygrin see them, Gej is gradually frustrating them

16 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by awodman: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

At last you commented but u didn't disappoint...exactly as expected cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
Thanks, as long as we set you ignorant people straight, it's all good. No need to steal other peoples achievements to dash your incompetent uncle.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Thanks, as long as we set you ignorant people straight, it's all good. No need to steal other peoples achievements to dash your incompetent uncle.

True talk.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by bright007(f): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Why is the poster/moderator deceiving forumites?
I was attracted to this lugrubidious thread on sighting 5000MW,but on opening the thread it was now 500MW.Imagine producing 5000MW of electricity in Osun alone~~more than d total capacity on ground now.This must be a joke!
Storms outta thread angrily.

12 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by awodman: 9:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Thanks, as long as we set you ignorant people straight, it's all good. No need to steal other peoples achievements to dash your incompetent uncle.

Your stupi.di.Ty knows no bounds..stop making yourself a laughing stock on this forum.did you even bother τ̅☺ read the post before commenting...if it was yardua's project as you want us to believe,why has it not been put into use ever since and why is GEJ going to be the one to commission it...
But I xpect after this xplanation you will still come back spewing some more trash...*smh*

6 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by stint(m): 9:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
is it 500MW or 5000MW. is the mod seriously rooting for GEJ or he or she is simply a learner ?

4 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by bizgynbala(m): 9:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
Nigerians and adding ZEROES... When has 500 become 5000

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Ebestsmscom: 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
All credit to Gej alone.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by awodman: 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
bright007: Why is the poster/moderator deceiving forumites?
I was attracted to this lugrubidious thread on sighting 5000MW,but on opening the thread it was now 500MW.
NEVER DID I POST 5000MW.I am even surprised how my initial topic ƒσя the thread kept changing...I captioned this thread '500MW OMOTOSHO POWER PLANT COMPLETED'..so please stop trying in vain to denigrate this laudable achievement
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Cyberknight: 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
I thought that OBJ and the late Bola Ige had thrown billions at the problem of generation and that the next step to tackle would be and should be distribution? Kudos for the new generating capacity to whoever - but when will the grid deliver those megawatts to my junction box in Surulere?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gbame(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
bright007: Why is the poster/moderator deceiving forumites?
I was attracted to this lugrubidious thread on sighting 5000MW,but on opening the thread it was now 500MW.

I thought it was 5000MW too until I opened the thread. OP please correct your post before you mislead others who may not bother to open the thread,

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gbadexy(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
No doubt the president is trying his best.
I have never had anything against the man save for his removal of oil subsidy and inability to seriously tackle corruption. His not wanting to declare his assets and extravagant spending doesn't help too.
I give the president the credit for ensuring the completion of this plant and I acknowledge obj too because he started it and fast tracked it by bye passing bureaucracy that can slow down the project which led to the stalling of the project by successive administration.
The man is a good person no doubt and you can't but like and believe him when you hear him answer questions but na dat wasteful spending, unjust subsidy removal and lackadaisical attitude to corruption dey vex ♍ƺ for am.
You sycophants should know that obama get worse criticism and insults more than our president, you can read comments on yahoo news to confirm. Besides, the critics help keep the president on his toes. And many people are exposed and know what is obtainable elsewhere, hence their complaint on some seemingly mediocre performance .

8 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
Seun, its obvious that your moderator wants to derail this thread 5000MW as against 500MW.

SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Know Your Legislators / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting Today (Photos) / Court Grants SERAP Leave To Compel Fashola Over N900b Spent On Power Privatisatn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.