Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,573 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning (11212 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole At The Commissioning Of Uju Romi Ultra Modern Market (Pics) / President Jonathan Commissions 500MW Omotosho Power Plant / Anambra Oil Field Ready For Commissioning Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Ejine(m): 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
karl max: i kno W if this W as about fashole s W itching on street light or amosun commissioning over head bridge the thread W ould have gone viral by no W .cos this is bad ne W s to some folks

Hmmmm... West? grin
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ok, credit goes to OBJ. Are you happy now?

Now, what's all this got to do with incompetent GEJ... lmao

See how confused you can be. Shame on you.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by jmaine: 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:
The power station project started in March 2005. Seven turbine units have now been built, and the eighth is under construction. The two units that are now operating can produce up to 84,000 kilowatts of power per annum. The remaining six units are expected to start generating electricity around the end of this year.

http://english.cri.cn/4026/2007/08/01/167@256097.htm

Am sure by your screams, the end of this year in your referenced article was 2013 . . . .

Let us all commend OBJ for ensuring this plant was completed in the predefined stipulated time

See how you shot yourself on the foot

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by RedLight1: 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The haters will soon come and tell us to give credit to Lord Lugard for initiating the project and Pa Awolowo for conceiving the idea.

I wonder who will now take credit for the Ajaokuta Steel Complex that has been uncompleted for decades and presently moribund? Nobody. But when GEJ manages to complete it, haters will bring up 100GB files to show how the project was started by Lord Lugard in 1914.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by hardknockbroda(m): 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
I just knew it couldn't be 5000MW... Mtcheeew!!! *climbs out d window*
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Dsecret: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Thanks, as long as we set you ignorant people straight, it's all good. No need to steal other peoples achievements to dash your incompetent uncle.

.Eko Ile i think u ar wrong on dis one.There is nothing wrong with criticism but when somebody has done a good job we should give it (honor)to him.GEJ deserves credit on dis one.I really want GEJ to succeed,though his performance av not been that encouraging cos there is still alot dats needs to b done.My bottom line is CRITICIZE him when he z nt getin it right and COMMEND him when he z getin it right.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope:

Now these projects are all getting the desired attention and coming to life. The credit totally goes to GEJ. Its like giving credit to Bush for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. He chased Osama for over 7 years and a lot of the information Obama used came from Bush era. But do you see anyone give the credit to Bush?
When you talk about Nigeria, try to do everyone a favor and leave the U.S out of it. Dont pretend like you know how things work here or how policies are pursued and/or implemented. Bush, Obama etc they work for country. You, your leaders, GEJ, Yar'Adua, OBJ.. they work for "self".

Freaking hypocrite, when they want to buttress their points they use America as an example. Why dont you use the American example and have your GEJ paying for his own meals from his pocket? Or have his wife get her newly minted Double Ds from her own pocket? Tell him to "give a damn" and declare his assets like Obama. Tell him to disassociate himself from criminals like Obama would and stop referring to them as his "Fathers" and "Beneficiaries" . Sycophants, you can never hear the truth emanating from their vocal chords.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Obiora4life: 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
D-secret:
.Eko Ile i think u ar wrong on dis one.There is nothing wrong with criticism but when somebody has done a good job we should give it (honor)to him.GEJ deserves credit on dis one.I really want GEJ to succeed,though his performance av not been that encouraging cos there is still alot dats needs to b done.My bottom line is CRITICIZE him when he z nt getin it right and COMMEND him when he z getin it right.

Don't make him attack you o cheesy grin
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
jmaine:

Bros, See as you take konk wan take break those numb skulls . . . .You too[b] mush[/b] grin

Their head strong like old coconut, it just refused to crack. Especially Eko ile. The likes of demdem, bluetooth, Garri X 7 wisely logged out.

Eko ile insist on dancing naked in public.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
The improvement in power sector has nothing to do with Barth Nnaji or GEJ, the whole thing was conceptualized by Obasanjo administration.
In other words, they are projects initiated by Obasanjo administration now coming to fruition this year. It has nothing to do with policies of GEJ's administration.

There is no chance in hell that a clueless GEJ would conceptualize such a thing. He would rather work to appoint his wife as a permanent secretary in absentia or freely donate 4 billion naira of state resources to fund the illegal madam umblela missions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
A-ZeD:

You keep on telling us that GEJ should not be blamed for the problems of Nigeria as they were already there before he became president and i agree with that sentiment but won't it be proper to acknowledge who started the project?

You always call APC supporters hypocrite but your behavior doesn't prove you are any better
My friend, there's no sentiment here. OBJ lead this country for 8 SOLID YEARS. When he was elected in 1999, epileptic power supply was our major problem. If he couldn't complete the building of new power plants within 8yrs, then he deserves no commendation. It means that during those 8yrs he got his priorities WRONG. 8yrs is not 8days.

If GEJ cannot complete the 2nd Niger Bridge in 8yrs, then the president that comes and complete it will take all the credit. Because, a govt that could not complete a project in 8yrs, may as well not complete that project in 20yrs time if allowed to stay put.

Its not that there should be no continuity in govt, but within 8yrs, the OBJ govt should have been able to COMPLETE and commission many of those plants.

If I may ask, who takes credit for the uncompleted and moribund Ajaokuta steel complex?

6 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by talk2s(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
I've said it time and time again.
Even if GEJ can only fix power alone, in my assessment, he would have solved 50% of Nigeria's problem. QED.

More powers yo your elbow, presido!

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
A-ZeD:

You keep on telling us that GEJ should not be blamed for the problems of Nigeria as they were already there before he became president and i agree with that sentiment but won't it be proper to acknowledge who started the project?

You always call APC supporters hypocrite but your behavior doesn't prove you are any better
My friend, there's no sentiment here. OBJ lead this country for 8 SOLID YEARS. When he was elected in 1999, epileptic power supply was our major problem. If he couldn't complete the building of new power plants within 8yrs, then he deserves no commendation. It means that during those 8yrs he got his priorities WRONG. 8yrs is not 8days.

If GEJ cannot complete the 2nd Niger Bridge in 8yrs, then the president that comes and complete it will take all the credit. Because, a govt that could not complete a project in 8yrs, may as well not complete that project in 20yrs time if allowed to stay put.

Its not that there should be no continuity in govt, but within 8yrs, the OBJ govt should have been able to COMPLETE and commission many of those plants.

If I may ask, who takes credit for the uncompleted and moribund Ajaokuta steel complex?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by Obiora4life: 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
What's funny is that A LOT, and I mean all them critics have criticized GEJ did not fix electricity, it's same people that won't give him credit now that power plants are coming online.

Again, if GEJ abandoned the project, will you still blame GEJ or past administration?

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by AZeD1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope:

OBJ left six years ago after ruling for. Years. He had 8 years to fix power. Are you saying 8 years is too short to fix power? He failed, simple! He deserves no credit. I can give him credit for Telecoms reform. But he failed in the power sector. A massive failure there. Yaradua failed even more. There was no single progress for 3 years. Even the road map OBJ passed was abandoned by Yaradua. He spent his time reversing OBJ's policies.

Now these projects are all getting the desired attention and coming to life. The credit totally goes to GEJ. Its like giving credit to Bush for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. He chased Osama for over 7 years and a lot of the information Obama used came from Bush era. But do you see anyone give the credit to Bush? Only in Nigeria you will see hypocrites trying to do that because they hate GEJ just because he is not a Yoruba or Hausa man. Its people like you that betrayed us and allowed them to collect 83% of our oil blocks.
Well thats the way they blame Obama for their economic problems. I'm all for giving all the praise to GEJ but then when i blame him for anything don't give me the " this started before GEJ bla bla"

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by AZeD1(m): 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

If GEJ doesn't solve the corruption problem would you say he failed?
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption: The improvement in power sector has nothing to do with Barth Nnaji or GEJ, the whole thing was conceptualized by Obasanjo administration.
In other words, they are projects initiated by Obasanjo administration now coming to fruition this year. It has nothing to do with policies of GEJ's administration.

There is no chance in hell that a clueless GEJ would conceptualize such a thing. He would rather work to appoint his wife as a permanent secretary in absentia or freely donate 4 billion naira of state resources to fund the illegal madam umblela missions.

I take God beg you leave the mission house out of this. If you want to discuss mission house open a new thread or better still their are numerous threads that dealt with it.

Why can't you be happy that 500MW was added to the national grid. Abi dem swear for you.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by calcal: 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
5000 or 500 MW? confusion!
They will run it for 1 years and after its gonna shot down owning to lack of professional laborers to do the dirty job since our engineers are to sit down in office.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by dustydee: 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
I hope they remembered to collect the manuals in English language too so that we don't end up with the same situation with one of the plants refurbished about a year ago.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
calcal: 5000 or 500 MW? confusion!
They will run it for 1 years and after its gonna shot down owning to lack of professional laborers to do the dirty job since our engineers are to sit down in office.

See them, enemies of progress.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by PapaBrowne(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
When you see some comments, its pretty obvious that some folks would rather Nigeria stays in darkness than have GEJ fix power for the simple reason that they don't want him to get any credits.

GEJ haters are afraid of electricity being fixed. Left to them, Jonathan should not fix Nigeria because their bitterness and hatred would have no more channels.

When Jonathan commissions power plants, they say noooo, its OBJ or there is still no light!
When Jonathan fixes roads, they ask how much was spent on it or how long did it take or cant we get 12 lanes.
When Jonathan supports entrepreneurship through excellent programs like YOUWIN, they say where is the power to run the business.
When Jonathan revamps the rail network, they say the trains are outdated or we need high speed rails.
When Jonathan is expanding the economy through agriculture, they are asking whether na Cassava bread we go chop?
When Jonathan is fixing all the airports, they refer us to European and American airports saying why are they not as good??

The same OBJ who had 8 years to fix power but didn't add 1 MW to the grid should now take credit when GEJ with just 2 years has added more than 3000MW.
The same OBJ who had 8 years but didn't as little as paint the toilets in any airport is now better than GEJ who in 2 yrs has revamped 11 airports.
I don't want to compare OBJ with Jonathan, because it would make OBJ look like a total failure which I don't think he was. So let me stop here.

Fashola has had six years to revamp Lagos infrastructure and yet till today he hasn't completed one single mega project. One, Just one. Even bad Governors like Uduaghan have completed whole airports, but I can't credit Fashola with any single project above say N10 billion. All the large projects he has taken upon are still in their infancy or out-rightly abandoned with no hope in sight. The Lagos Badagry expressway- nothing! The light rail project- nothing! Lekki Epe expressway- incomplete! Lekki free trade zone- empty! Eko Atlantic- sand! Fourth mainland bridge- Dreamland! Tejuosho market- abandoned! One single major porojeeect- I can't find any!! Yet the man has had 6 good years! Six yeaearrrs!!! Yet ACN/APC fellas want us to believe that he is some kind of infallible creature!

These folks want Jonathan's trains to look like the ones in Dubai and Japan yet its OK when Fashola's BRT buses look like dinghis from Bangladesh.
They want Jonathan's airports to look like Schipol, but Fashola is performing when he builds schools looking like the prisons of Brazil!
When LASU students protest, they students are bad. When UNIABUJA students protest, the government is bad.

I like Fashola and I respect him because he is building good institutions and systems that would make Lagos function. But if you ask me, his 6 years and $30 billion dollars in budgets are not seen anywhere in Lagos! The city is still a dumpsite and one of the most uninhabitable enclaves on the face of the planet!

Whether we like it or not, Jonathan would fix power! Nigerians would appreciate it. If 24hrs light comes to your neigbourhood before 2015 and you feel angry at the progress Nigeria has made, you can as well disconnect from the grid and make use of generators. If you don't like the remodelled airpots, go by road. If the roads are too smooth for you, please buy Cortina and trekk to your destination.
Nigeria would progress whether you like it or hate it and the transformation has started albeit slowly!!!!

27 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by thelastPope(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut: When you talk about Nigeria, try to do everyone a favor and leave the U.S out of it. Dont pretend like you know how things work here or how policies are pursued and/or implemented. Bush, Obama etc they work for country. You, your leaders, GEJ, Yar'Adua, OBJ.. they work for "self".

Freaking hypocrite, when they want to buttress their points they use America as an example. Why dont you use the American example and have your GEJ paying for his own meals from his pocket? Or have his wife get her newly minted Double Ds from her own pocket? Tell him to "give a damn" and declare his assets like Obama. Tell him to disassociate himself from criminals like Obama would and stop referring to them as his "Fathers" and "Beneficiaries" . Sycophants, you can never hear the truth emanating from their vocal chords.

What are you saying? Can you speak English please? You are not making any sense even with your many monikers.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by RedLight1: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
calcal: 5000 or 500 MW? confusion!
plus the 4000+ on ground ...it will be aprox 5000
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by UnimkeAk(m): 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
hercules07:

You are a slowpoke for calling me a hypocrite, I give props to those who deserve it, OBJ also deserved some credit for that plant because he initiated it. I have seen and worked at industrial cities in Saudi Arabia, I know what good infrastructure looks like.

How Omotosho take connect Arabia..
Complex is a bad thing ooo

Infact guY u no work 4 any f_ucking Arabia.. Chill
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by gramci: 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
@Papabrown may the good Lord bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by damola311: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
awodman:
NEVER DID I POST 5000MW.I am even surprised how my initial topic ƒσя the thread kept changing...I captioned this thread '500MW OMOTOSHO POWER PLANT COMPLETED'..so please stop trying in vain to denigrate this laudable achievement

It do happen.......i think it's nairaland server........I've posted things and later when i check it will b different from what i typed originally........so it's nt uur fault.

1 Like

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by babapupa: 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
D-secret:

criticism and truth are 2 different things.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by thelastPope(m): 10:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
A-ZeD:

Well thats the way they blame Obama for their economic problems. I'm all for giving all the praise to GEJ but then when i blame him for anything don't give me the " this started before GEJ bla bla"

Who blames Obama for the economic problems? Nobody does that. He is only blamed for not solving or improving it after four years. The blame always goes to Bush and even part of it goes to Clinton's policies.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by OAM4J: 10:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
blink182: Please correct the front page from 5000MW to 500MW, I never would have opened this thread if not for the misleading title.

It has been corrected.

Thanks.
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by talktimi(m): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode, wetin your useless and incompetent drunken fisherman uncle odechukwu get to do with this power plant? He can not even award contract to wipe his own nose?

Credit goes to Yaradua (RIP)

a good example of "lack of home training" grin. I guess your oga awards contracts for nose wiping too b/tch... tongue
Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by PHIPEX(m): 10:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption: The improvement in power sector has nothing to do with Barth Nnaji or GEJ, the whole thing was conceptualized by Obasanjo administration.
In other words, they are projects initiated by Obasanjo administration now coming to fruition this year
. It has nothing to do with policies of GEJ's administration.

Bros u just dey make pesin laf
grin grin So following your logic, whenever the 2nd Niger Bridge is built we should as well praise the great OBJ for it afterall he also innitiated it? This your thinking is what encourages so many abandoned projects all over the country because some govt officials knowing that they will be denied the credit due them after completing projects initiated by previous administration prefer to start a new one just to take the credit. If OBJ could not complete these projects in 8yrs why should I not praise GEJ for completeing it in 3yrs?

2 Likes

Re: Omotosho Power Plant Ready For Commissioning by EkoIle1: 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
thelastPope:

OBJ left six years ago after ruling for. Years. He had 8 years to fix power. Are you saying 8 years is too short to fix power? He failed, simple! He deserves no credit. I can give him credit for Telecoms reform. But he failed in the power sector. A massive failure there. Yaradua failed even more. There was no single progress for 3 years. Even the road map OBJ passed was abandoned by Yaradua. He spent his time reversing OBJ's policies.

Now these projects are all getting the desired attention and coming to life. The credit totally goes to GEJ. Its like giving credit to Bush for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. He chased Osama for over 7 years and a lot of the information Obama used came from Bush era. But do you see anyone give the credit to Bush? Only in Nigeria you will see hypocrites trying to do that because they hate GEJ just because he is not a Yoruba or Hausa man. Its people like you that betrayed us and allowed them to collect 83% of our oil blocks.

credit to gej for what? just for sitting on his asss doing nothing while other people hard work and idea materialize?

monkey dey work, odechukwu dey chop....lmao

you are a lazy thinker just like the man you are defending...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Picture Of Orji Uzo Kalu Posing With Some Of His Automobiles. / Senate Passes NFF Bill / VAT Designed To Support The Poor, Says Babatunde Fowler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.