Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell (2698 Views)

Threatening Children With Hell.. / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Females Putting On Trouser To Church:good/bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by highyo: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
THIS IS ONLY MEANT FOR GENUINE CHRISTAIN O O O O. SO BE WISE
I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT, SATAN IS THE CONTROLER OF TODAY WORLD, AND EVERYTHING IN IT HAS BEEN HANDED OVER TO HIM
I DO NOT NEED TO PREACH TO YOU THAT HE IS VERY WISE AND WILL NOT WANT ANYBODY TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
ONE OF HIS PLANS WAS THE INTRODUCTION OF NYSC IN ORDER TO DECIEVE GENUIN CHRISTAIN FEMALE YOUTH COPER THAT WILL NEVER WANT TO PUT ON WHAT BELONG TO MEN
BUT WILL HAVE NO OPTION THAN TO PUT IT ON IN THE NAME OF NYSC
THE BIBLE SAID WE SHOULD OBEY THE GOVERNMENT AND THEIR LAW, BUT WE MUST NEVER LET GOVERNMENT LAW SUPRESS GODS LAW.
GOD WILL NEVER MAKE MISTAKE IN ANY OF HIS WORDS AND WILL NEVER CHANGE HIS WORDS.
EVEN IF YOUR PASTOR TWIST IT
DO NOT FEAR THOSE THAT CAN ONLY KILL BODY BUT FEAR HE THAT CAN DESTROYED BOTH BODY AND SOUL IN HELL
GOD SAID DONT PUT IT ON, GOVERNMENT SAID PUT IT ON
WHO WILL YOU OBEY? GOD OR GOVERNMENT?
IF YOU DIE AND YOU FOUND YOUR SELF IN THE THRONE OF GOD JUDGMENT, AND GOD SAID YOU ARE CANT ENTER HIS KINGDOM BECAUSE OF THE TROUSER YOU ARE PUTTING ON
IF YOU TELL HIM IT IS THE GOVERNMENT THAT ASK YOU TO PUT IT ON AND YOUR WORD SAID OBEY THE GOVERNMENT
HE WILL TELL YOU MUST YOU LET GOVERNMENT DECREE SUPERSEED HIS OWN?
THEN MR SATAN WILL ASK YOU, DID GOVERNMENT EVER FORCE YOU NOT TO CHANGE IT TO SKIRT?
LET HE THAT STAND BE CARFUL SO THAT HE WONT FALL
IF YOU LIKE KEEP ON MAKING JEST OF DEEPERLIFE GIRLS
WHEN YOU DIE YOU WILL KNOW WHO IS WISER

E.G.
A YOUTH COPER WAS PREACHING IN THE BUS, DO NOT LIE DO NOT STEAL, LADY DO NOT PUT ON TROUSERS
THE PASSANGER WILL ASK HER. THE ONE YOU ARE PUTTING ON IS SKIRT ABI?

Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by ParisLove1: 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
Are you ok?
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
Op pls where in the bible did God say women are not allowed to wear trousers? As far as I am concerned during that period all that existed were skirts, and men wore them too!
So what justification do you have to label trousers a "men only" clothing.
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
Paris_Love: Are you ok?
Iam asking myself the same question
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hmm... come to think of it, op this is the second time this week that you are creating a thread against women. Did your girlfriend dump you, oya confess. wink grin
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
inurmind: Hmm... come to think of it, op this is the second time this week that you are creating a thread against women. Did your girlfriend dump you, oya confess. wink grin
grin grin grin
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Goshen360(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by wordthots: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Goshen360: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bro Goshen, there's a lot of work to be done o embarassed, this is hard to believe...what does trouser av to do wt heaven...
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by baby124: 10:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
That is why OP's name is "HIGHYO". OP is HIGH

OP, get a job. You desperately need it.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 08, 2013
I'll have some of whatever you're on.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Rich4god(m): 12:03am On Mar 08, 2013
Just as your name suggested.
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Bacteriocin(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2013
You are playing with hell: NA TOY?
Why deeper life ladies wear skirt and wear tight underneath? U for say make ladies go dey climb rope with skirt? Na true say common sense no common o!
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 08, 2013
highyo:
THIS IS ONLY MEANT FOR GENUINE CHRISTAIN O O O O. SO BE WISE
I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT, SATAN IS THE CONTROLER OF TODAY WORLD, AND EVERYTHING IN IT HAS BEEN HANDED OVER TO HIM
I DO NOT NEED TO PREACH TO YOU THAT HE IS VERY WISE AND WILL NOT WANT ANYBODY TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
ONE OF HIS PLANS WAS THE INTRODUCTION OF NYSC IN ORDER TO DECIEVE GENUIN CHRISTAIN FEMALE YOUTH COPER THAT WILL NEVER WANT TO PUT ON WHAT BELONG TO MEN
BUT WILL HAVE NO OPTION THAN TO PUT IT ON IN THE NAME OF NYSC
THE BIBLE SAID WE SHOULD OBEY THE GOVERNMENT AND THEIR LAW, BUT WE MUST NEVER LET GOVERNMENT LAW SUPRESS GODS LAW.
GOD WILL NEVER MAKE MISTAKE IN ANY OF HIS WORDS AND WILL NEVER CHANGE HIS WORDS.
EVEN IF YOUR PASTOR TWIST IT
DO NOT FEAR THOSE THAT CAN ONLY KILL BODY BUT FEAR HE THAT CAN DESTROYED BOTH BODY AND SOUL IN HELL
GOD SAID DONT PUT IT ON, GOVERNMENT SAID PUT IT ON
WHO WILL YOU OBEY? GOD OR GOVERNMENT?
IF YOU DIE AND YOU FOUND YOUR SELF IN THE THRONE OF GOD JUDGMENT, AND GOD SAID YOU ARE CANT ENTER HIS KINGDOM BECAUSE OF THE TROUSER YOU ARE PUTTING ON
IF YOU TELL HIM IT IS THE GOVERNMENT THAT ASK YOU TO PUT IT ON AND YOUR WORD SAID OBEY THE GOVERNMENT
HE WILL TELL YOU MUST YOU LET GOVERNMENT DECREE SUPERSEED HIS OWN?
THEN MR SATAN WILL ASK YOU, DID GOVERNMENT EVER FORCE YOU NOT TO CHANGE IT TO SKIRT?
LET HE THAT STAND BE CARFUL SO THAT HE WONT FALL
IF YOU LIKE KEEP ON MAKING JEST OF DEEPERLIFE GIRLS
WHEN YOU DIE YOU WILL KNOW WHO IS WISER

E.G.
A YOUTH COPER WAS PREACHING IN THE BUS, DO NOT LIE DO NOT STEAL, LADY DO NOT PUT ON TROUSERS
THE PASSANGER WILL ASK HER. THE ONE YOU ARE PUTTING ON IS SKIRT ABI?

And you will call the talibans and boko haram barbaric for bombing school and degrading women....are you not in the same category as them? Cow!
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Goshen360(m): 12:46am On Mar 08, 2013
wordthots:

Bro Goshen, there's a lot of work to be done o embarassed, this is hard to believe...what does trouser av to do wt heaven...

You dey see me see wahala so? Indeed, there's a lot of work to be done within the body of Christ and I'm not too sure we can finish it until Christ returns o. I tire bro. cool

1 Like

Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 08, 2013
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by ijawkid(m): 7:16am On Mar 08, 2013
Lmao.......
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by ijawkid(m): 7:17am On Mar 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Na Jesus dey that picture??.....
angry
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by YorubaOmoge: 7:19am On Mar 08, 2013
ijawkid:
angry

No, na Krishna.
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 08, 2013
ijawkid:
angry
No, na Onome. She say make I greet you. sad
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by ijawkid(m): 7:34am On Mar 08, 2013
musKeeto:
No, na Onome. She say make I greet you. sad

Lmao........you no serious......grin
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by frank317: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2013
Na waooo

Women are in trouble.why do I suspect that the devil must b a woman?
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by kingstarr: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
Bacteriocin: You are playing with hell: NA TOY?
Why deeper life ladies wear skirt and wear tight underneath? U for say make ladies go dey climb rope with skirt? Na true say common sense no common o!

The OP is like Peter who drew a sword to defend Jesus. Fanatical! Right?
Some Christians have extemporised religious experience by over analyzing religion. If the trouser is the only available material to cover unclothedness in a camp situation would it be right to refuse wearing it? Even the anaesthetic you take contain a measure of cocaine. Does that make you a sinner?
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
Op reminds me of my youth leader

Rules

1.Bible studies during the week No trousers

2. Youth meetings/services saturdays No trousers

3. Whole congregation services sundays No trousers

If you wear them you will be in serious trouble But then what I understand is this; The obedience of a child of God is not measured by what clothing we wear but by our walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16).

So I wear them trousers grin only on weekdays

Let me do a copy and paste Job, Op you need this

[b]When looking at “doubtful things," we need to use Scripture in context for the principles that will help us walk as believers, which means considering the dispensation and the whole counsel of God and not taking passages out of context. There is a passage in the Old Testament that speaks about a woman wearing men's clothing: "A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this" (Deuteronomy 22:5). The context of this passage is the second giving of the law to the nation of Israel as they were poised to enter the Promised Land. Deuteronomy 22:5 is an admonition not to live as a transvestite. This has to do with more than just clothing; it also speaks of a life that emulates in every way those of the opposite sex. Transvestitism was a practice of the Canaanites, and Israel was to consider it an abomination. We take a principle from this and apply it to our lives as believers, but we must use it in the context in which it is given and do so in relation to the dispensation of grace.

The Apostle Paul wrote extensively on the difference between the law and grace in Romans. We are not justified by our adherence to the law, but we are justified by faith in Christ (Romans 3:21-28). The believer in Christ Jesus is "dead" to the constraints of the law. "But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code" (Romans 7:6). Therefore, a believer does not live by legalism, nor by license, but rather by grace.

What has that to do with a believing woman wearing pants? There is no biblical law that says what a woman should wear or not wear. Rather, the issue is one of modesty. Paul addresses the modesty of women in his first letter to Timothy. "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God" (1 Timothy 2:9-10). The Greek word translated "modest" is the Greek word kosmios, which is translated twice in the New Testament, once as "modest" in this passage and once as "of good behavior" in 1 Timothy 3:1. It came to mean "well-arranged, seemly, and modest."

The word clothes is the Greek word katastole. The meaning of the word was "to send or to let down or lower." It was primarily a garment that was let down and in that day referred to a stole or a loose outer garment worn by kings and persons of rank. Since we know that Paul was not speaking to people of rank, the context here is simply modest attire, and it does not specify what that entails. Paul addressed this issue here because the women in the church were trying to outdo each other in how they dressed, and the flashier the better. They were losing sight of the things that should adorn a godly woman—humility, sobriety, godliness, and good works. The words "dress modestly" are not used here in the context of specific garments, but rather to being clad in a modest covering. It should not be used to prove a prohibition against wearing pants (also see 1 Peter 3:3-4).

So, the issue is that a woman should wear modest clothing. Whether or not that includes a pair of slacks should be a matter for the woman's own conscience before the LORD. If a woman allows her outward appearance to be the measure of her inward relationship with Christ, she is living under the constraints of legalism. Born-again women are free in Christ to wear whatever modest apparel they choose, and the only judgment they should be under is that of their own conscience. "Everything that does not come from faith is sin" (Romans 14:23). We are not to allow our consciences to be dictated to by legalism and the consciences of others, but by our own relationship with Christ. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). God will take care of the outward woman if we walk in obedience in the inward woman. [/b]

Stay blessed brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by kacyfine(m): 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Op reminds me of my youth leader

Rules

1.Bible studies during the week No trousers

2. Youth meetings/services saturdays No trousers

3. Whole congregation services sundays No trousers

If you wear them you will be in serious trouble But then what I understand is this; The obedience of a child of God is not measured by what clothing we wear but by our walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16).

So I wear them trousers grin only on weekdays

Let me do a copy and paste Job, Op you need this

[b]When looking at “doubtful things," we need to use Scripture in context for the principles that will help us walk as believers, which means considering the dispensation and the whole counsel of God and not taking passages out of context. There is a passage in the Old Testament that speaks about a woman wearing men's clothing: "A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this" (Deuteronomy 22:5). The context of this passage is the second giving of the law to the nation of Israel as they were poised to enter the Promised Land. Deuteronomy 22:5 is an admonition not to live as a transvestite. This has to do with more than just clothing; it also speaks of a life that emulates in every way those of the opposite sex. Transvestitism was a practice of the Canaanites, and Israel was to consider it an abomination. We take a principle from this and apply it to our lives as believers, but we must use it in the context in which it is given and do so in relation to the dispensation of grace.

The Apostle Paul wrote extensively on the difference between the law and grace in Romans. We are not justified by our adherence to the law, but we are justified by faith in Christ (Romans 3:21-28). The believer in Christ Jesus is "dead" to the constraints of the law. "But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code" (Romans 7:6). Therefore, a believer does not live by legalism, nor by license, but rather by grace.

What has that to do with a believing woman wearing pants? There is no biblical law that says what a woman should wear or not wear. Rather, the issue is one of modesty. Paul addresses the modesty of women in his first letter to Timothy. "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God" (1 Timothy 2:9-10). The Greek word translated "modest" is the Greek word kosmios, which is translated twice in the New Testament, once as "modest" in this passage and once as "of good behavior" in 1 Timothy 3:1. It came to mean "well-arranged, seemly, and modest."

The word clothes is the Greek word katastole. The meaning of the word was "to send or to let down or lower." It was primarily a garment that was let down and in that day referred to a stole or a loose outer garment worn by kings and persons of rank. Since we know that Paul was not speaking to people of rank, the context here is simply modest attire, and it does not specify what that entails. Paul addressed this issue here because the women in the church were trying to outdo each other in how they dressed, and the flashier the better. They were losing sight of the things that should adorn a godly woman—humility, sobriety, godliness, and good works. The words "dress modestly" are not used here in the context of specific garments, but rather to being clad in a modest covering. It should not be used to prove a prohibition against wearing pants (also see 1 Peter 3:3-4).

So, the issue is that a woman should wear modest clothing. Whether or not that includes a pair of slacks should be a matter for the woman's own conscience before the LORD. If a woman allows her outward appearance to be the measure of her inward relationship with Christ, she is living under the constraints of legalism. Born-again women are free in Christ to wear whatever modest apparel they choose, and the only judgment they should be under is that of their own conscience. "Everything that does not come from faith is sin" (Romans 14:23). We are not to allow our consciences to be dictated to by legalism and the consciences of others, but by our own relationship with Christ. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). God will take care of the outward woman if we walk in obedience in the inward woman. [/b]

Stay blessed brother
how long ll pple of the world keep finding excuseses for der sin.you re using human intelectual to interprete God words my broda God is watching u wiv 3D
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by kingstarr: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
kacyfine: how long ll pple of the world keep finding excuseses for der sin.you re using human intelectual to interprete God words my broda God is watching u wiv 3D

By the time you know it you would realise those 3d God is using are actually to guide and protect our female trouser wearers as long as they are on his side.
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
kacyfine: how long ll pple of the world keep finding excuseses for der sin.you re using human intelectual to interprete God words my broda God is watching u wiv 3D
I laugh in Swahili! I am not a brother, I am a sister. I don't know what your problem with people, we are not perfect but again the bible says we should be Holy because He is Holy. A lot of male pastors tell us not to wear trousers because they just can't help looking at our behinds! Fine I get that but if we can resist so many things of this world how come we fail on that small issue?

If we can't wear trousers then Men should go back to the Jews dressing! So that we too won't have to see your front.

Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you when you read the bible and stop making the bible a platform to harrass us!

I bet you will care why a particular someone is wearing a trouser but won't care about that person's spiritual growth.

Will be back
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Goshen360(m): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Tell it loud and clear and carry the message of the Gospel to all nations saying,

GOD DOES NOT OPERATE THE NEW COVENANT\TESTAMENT WITH OLD COVENANT\TESTAMENT LAWS FOR WHICH THEY, THE JEWS PRACTICED JUDAISM.

Christ, in order to en-graft the Non-Jews, the Gentiles into the family of God had come and fulfill the laws of Moses and in doing that, he made of the Jews and Gentiles ONE NEW MAN FOR HIMSELF called Christians\Church\body of Christ.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups. Ephesians 2:14-15

The problem of the church today are not the Atheists but the practitioners of Judaism - trynna enforce the Jewish laws on Christianity. God took away the Old in order to establish the new. Quit religion\Judaism\churchianity and embrace Christ\Christianity.
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by DeepSight(m): 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Goshen360: Tell it loud and clear and carry the message of the Gospel to all nations saying,

GOD DOES NOT OPERATE THE NEW COVENANT\TESTAMENT WITH OLD COVENANT\TESTAMENT LAWS FOR WHICH THEY, THE JEWS PRACTICED JUDAISM.

Christ, in order to en-graft the Non-Jews, the Gentiles into the family of God had come and fulfill the laws of Moses and in doing that, he made of the Jews and Gentiles ONE NEW MAN FOR HIMSELF called Christians\Church\body of Christ.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups. Ephesians 2:14-15

The problem of the church today are not the Atheists but the practitioners of Judaism - trynna enforce the Jewish laws on Christianity. God took away the Old in order to establish the new. Quit religion\Judaism\churchianity and embrace Christ\Christianity.

Really? I thought your God is said to be the same yesterday, today and forever?

So he changes the goal posts during the game, eh?

I see.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by seyibrown(f): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pharisees ... Sadducees ... weightier matters of the law! Saddens me to see many xtians still drinking milk when tehy ought to have moved on to meat!
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Goshen360(m): 1:06am On Mar 09, 2013
Deep Sight:

Really? I thought your God is said to be the same yesterday, today and forever?

So he changes the goal posts during the game, eh?

I see.

No scripture is of 'private' interpretation. Yes, God is the same yesterday, today and forever in the essence of HIS PERSON, NOT IN THE ESSENCE OF HIS MODE OF OPERATIONS. I can be using phone as a person to talk to you and later change to using Internet. It will still be SAME ME but my means of communication have changed. Take a look to understand what I'm saying,

New International Version (©1984)
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. Hebrews 1:1-2

Questions:

Was it God that spoke to our forefathers THROUGH the prophets IN THE PAST? - Answer: YES

Was it the SAME GOD of yesterday (PAST), today (PRESENT) and forever (CONTINUOUS) that NOW SPEAKS IN THESE LAST DAYS TO US BY HIS SON? Answer: YES

Has this SAME God changed? Answer: NO

What has CHANGED with the SAME GOD OF YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER? Answer: His Methods\program\mode of operations.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by DeepSight(m): 1:34am On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

No scripture is of 'private' interpretation. Yes, God is the same yesterday, today and forever in the essence of HIS PERSON, NOT IN THE ESSENCE OF HIS MODE OF OPERATIONS. I can be using phone as a person to talk to you and later change to using Internet. It will still be SAME ME but my means of communication have changed. Take a look to understand what I'm saying,

New International Version (©1984)
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. Hebrews 1:1-2

Questions:

Was it God that spoke to our forefathers THROUGH the prophets IN THE PAST? - Answer: YES

Was it the SAME GOD yesterday (PAST), today (PRESENT) and forever (CONTINUOUS) that NOW SPEAKS IN THESE LAST DAYS TO US BY HIS SON? Answer: YES

Has this SAME God changed? Answer: NO

What has CHANGED with the SAME GOD OF YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER? Answer: His Methods\program\mode of operations.

No you miss the point sir. The point is about shifting the goal posts - namely - changing the requirements for salavation. OT people were not required to believe in Jesus, were they? Why is it now the case that non-belief in Jesus leads to eternal damnation?

God being perfect and eternal surely cannot be involved in such petty games?

How is it that the standard for forgiveness of sins has changed between OT and NT? Does God change his rules and laws as he goes along? ? ? ? ?
Re: NYSC Christain Female Corper That Put On Trouser You Are Playing With Hell by Goshen360(m): 1:50am On Mar 09, 2013
^^^
Okay, I can see you need a little tutoring sir but I won't entertain time wasting going back and forth. lemme address one after the other.

Deep Sight:

No you miss the point sir. The point is about shifting the goal posts - namely - changing the requirements for salavation. OT people were not required to believe in Jesus, were they? Why is it now the case that non-belief in Jesus leads to eternal damnation?

It's simply because the Old and New operates under different covenants. When God was ready to begin the New Covenant whereby the Non-Jews, Gentiles will be engrafted into His plans and purpose for mankind, there's need to change from law to Grace. Therefore, Christ become the one that bridged the gap making the Jews and Gentiles ONE in God's family. I'm too weary for now to start quoting scriptures, hence, I will simply state the point.

Deep Sight:

God being perfect and eternal surely cannot be involved in such petty games?

That's no game sir - God cannot operate the new with the old laws given to when he was dealing with only one nation, Israel. God is NOW dealing with the whole universe. The constitution of United States doesn't govern Nigerians, does it?

Deep Sight:

How is it that the standard for forgiveness of sins has changed between OT and NT? Does God change his rules and laws as he goes along? ? ? ? ?

Because the Old was only a shadow of better thing to come, which the reality is Christ. God doesn't change his his 'rules and laws' anymore as it is, because the reality has come and we await his second coming. The New Testament has fulfilled the Old. There's no more testament coming other than Christ himself. The word had been canonized\sealed\forever settled\completed in Christ which was the purpose of God changing his mode of operations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan Congratulat New Prelate Methodsist Church, Dr SCK Uche / Never Repay Evil with Evil. A True Life Lesson I Learnt This Evening / Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.