Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria (2689 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
There's a new movement of Christians who are willing to buy the truth and sell it not. The Bible in the new dispensation haven't asked anyone to pay tithes, but rather have called people to give willingly, sincerely and without compulsion. We have also been impressed to give to the less privileged, and to make compassion and truth our second nature. If you find a man paying his tithes diligently but wanting in the previously mentioned attributes, then his salvation should be questioned.

The lame and sad reply from pro-tithers stab them on their own foot. They use Abraham's giving to Melchizedek as their basis for tithing, however they forget that Abraham only tithed to Melchizedek once, and not routinely, even when it is evident that he was quite wealthy. The next example was Jacob who tithed out of a need, and tied a pledge to his own tithing. These would be my new line of discuss as the days progresses.

The fact that we are not tithers will not make us miss fellowship, I therefore implore you to tell us Churches and ministers that don't make tithing a compulsion , and that don't discrimate against none tithers, as many none-tithers are being ostracised and not allowed to become Pastors and workers in many mainstream Churches.

PST Tunde Bakare
Leke Alder
PST Femi Aribisala
PST Damina

The above dont force people to pay tithes. Add yours for the propagation of the Kingdom.

Innovate

PonziHater
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by ArchangeLucifer: 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
The Church of Satan doesn't demand tithes nor offerings.

Instead, we enrich you.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by josPlateau(m): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
TB Joshua

Pastor Chris Onayinka

5 Likes

Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
josPlateau:
TB Joshua
Pastor Chris Onayinka
Helpful really.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by superhumanist(m): 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
The non-religion of deism and atheism do not ask for tithes grin
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
superhumanist:
The non-religion of deism and atheism do not ask for tithes grin

True man, at the end of the day we must all agree that we came from somewhere and there a man upstairs who rules among the affairs of men. That's not d purpose of this thread though.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
Jehovah's witnesses.

6 Likes

Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by Desyner: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

PST Tunde Bakare
Leke Alder
PST Femi Aribisala
PST Damina
add Winners Chapel(Living Faith) to you scam list.
They don't force you to pay tithe there. I have heard this countless times from Oyedepo and other pastors. That If you(a worshiper) thinks God work will stop as a result of you withholding your seeds, try witholding it.
Stop spreading falsehood guy.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
Desyner:

They don't force you to pay tithe there. I have heard this countless times from Oyedepo and other pastors. That If you(a worshiper) thinks God work will stop as a result of you withholding your seeds, try witholding it.

What is this man saying. What is falsehood and what is truth?

2 Likes

Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
Desyner:

all the apostles I. the Bible had a job Peter was a fishermen, Paul was a tent mender which was a very good job by then. read 1st Thessalonians 4vs11.

so which work does your pastor do?
who does he pay tithe to, is it God?
the weekly returns goes to whose account, is it God's account?
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by Desyner: 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

all the apostles I. the Bible had a job Peter was a fishermen, Paul was a tent mender which was a very good job by then. read 1st Thessalonians 4vs11.

so which work does your pastor do?
who does he pay tithe to, is it God?
the weekly returns goes to whose account, is it God's account?
Was peter still fishing after joining Jesus ? Your confusion na heavy duty.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
Even in the last days there shall be false prophets with false teaching and sweet sermons itching to the ear
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by Adekdammy: 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
josPlateau:
TB Joshua

Pastor Chris Onayinka

Is Chris onayinka a pastor? Well may be he is on the right path now.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Even in the last days there shall be false prophets with false teaching and sweet sermons itching to the ear

Truth is not found with majority. It's well.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by blessedvisky(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
Adekdammy:

Is Chris onayinka a pastor? Well may be he is on the right path now.
What's wrong with him sad
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
Desyner:
Was peter still fishing after joining Jesus ? Your confusion na heavy duty.

you are the one whose confused here LUKE 5 vs 3 shows that Peter had a boat that was sustaining him

"quote" And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down and taught the people out of the ship. After Jesus' died Peter was still running things.

JOHN 21 vs 3 "quote"Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing. King James Version (KJV)

I hope you read this from your Bible and see who is confused. Daddy freeze has made me realize that some people are only Christians in name.

1 Like

Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by Desyner: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

you are the one whose confused here LUKE 5 vs 3 shows that Peter had a boat that was sustaining him

"quote" And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down and taught the people out of the ship. After Jesus' died Peter was still running things.

JOHN 21 vs 3 "quote"Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing. King James Version (KJV)

I hope you read this from your Bible and see who is confused. Daddy freeze has made me realize that some people are only Christians in name.
The book of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John are focused on Jesus time one earth as experienced by his various disciples. As such it contains repetition of some accounts. Stop showing your confusion to the world Sir.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2017
Desyner:
The book of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John are focused on Jesus time one earth as experienced by his various disciples. As such it contains repetition of some accounts. Stop showing your confusion to the world Sir.

you asked me if Peter was still fishing when he met Jesus and I showed you and you shifted the Goal post now let me explain the first verse was when Jesus was about to preach, the second was after Jesus died. so where is the repetition. Are you still confused.

1 Like

Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by paxonel(m): 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
The real church is you. You don't need any gathering or building called church to function for God.
If you stay in your house no body will come and ask you to pay tithe now.

1 Like

Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by Desyner: 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

you asked me if Peter was still fishing when he met Jesus and I showed you and you shifted the Goal post now let me explain the first verse was when Jesus was about to preach, the second was after Jesus died. so where is the repetition. Are you still confused.
In Acts, didn't the apostles focus solely on giving themselves continually to fasting and prayer while delegating other tasks ?
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by analize701: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

What is this man saying. What is falsehood and what is truth?
What he is saying is that, in Winners chapel they don't force you to pay tithe. Am a winner, tithe is not by force. You are told the benefits and leave you to decide.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by analize701: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

Peter became a Fisher of Men, no more Fisher of Fish when he met Jesus. The last time he tried going back to fish was when they were bored waiting for the Holy Ghost. He said, i go a fishing, others said, i come too. Again the whole night they caught nothing, Jesus appeared (This time He had already resurrected o), and told Peter to cast his net just like when they first met, Peter did and caught a great number, by the River bank there Jesus made a fire, after wards they ate some roasted fish and bread, Jesus called Peter into Ministry and left.

After that, Peter never went back to fishing.

John 21: 1-17
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by analize701: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
paxonel:
The real church is you. You don't need any gathering or building called church to function for God.
If you stay in your house no body will come and ask you to pay tithe now.

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Philippians:3:2

Beware of those who change the truth of God to lies.

Where did you see it written that as Christians we can stay home and not go to church ?

All these agents of Satan parading as Christians
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

Peter became a Fisher of Men, no more Fisher of Fish when he met Jesus. The last time he tried going back to fish was when they were bored waiting for the Holy Ghost. He said, i go a fishing, others said, i come too. Again the whole night they caught nothing, Jesus appeared (This time He had already resurrected o), and told Peter to cast his net just like when they first met, Peter did and caught a great number, by the River bank there Jesus made a fire, after wards they ate some roasted fish and bread, Jesus called Peter into Ministry and left.

After that, Peter never went back to fishing.

John 21: 1-17

hahahaha analize701 dey attack me everywhere. so what about the Luke 5 vs 3 you guys are making it look like the disciples depended on the money that Judas was holding stop deceiving yourselves, that money Judas was holding was given to the poor.

Peter had a wife and a mother to take care of and had kids (maybe) he didn't depend on preaching or free will offering. he didn't collect tithe don't forget that.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Philippians:3:2

Beware of those who change the truth of God to lies.

Where did you see it written that as Christians we can stay home and not go to church ?

All these agents of Satan parading as Christians

Bros the gathering of Christians is the church, it's us it's not any building with AC and million dollar musical equipment.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by analize701: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

hahahaha analize701 dey attack me everywhere. so what about the Luke 5 vs 3 you guys are making it look like the disciples depended on the money that Judas was holding stop deceiving yourselves, that money Judas was holding was given to the poor.

Peter had a wife and a mother to take care of and had kids (maybe) he didn't depend on preaching or free will offering. he didn't collect tithe don't forget that.
Hahahahahahahaha. I have a bad habit of just responding to mentions not really looking at the moniker.

Pls, when you quote a scripture post it here let see if it fits the discuss.

What does luke 5:3 say
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by analize701: 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

Where you dey work, na dere you go.chop.
Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Luke:10:3

And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luke:10:5

And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luke:10:6
And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Luke:10:7
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
Luke:10:8

You people are attacking Pastors for being taken care of by members, una see scriptures?

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
Luke:22:35

IT IS MY DUTY TO CARE FOR MY PASTOR.
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by analize701: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

This brother eh.

Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
1 Corinthians:9:7
If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1 Corinthians:9:11

If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
1 Corinthians:9:12

Meaning, people took care of pastors as obligations.

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
1 Corinthians:9:13

Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
1 Corinthians:9:14

But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
1 Corinthians:9:15

Paul did not use his privilege not becos he was not entitled to them.

Peter used his fully.

Go and read 1Cor from 1 down.

1 Like

Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
but my question is this when does this tithing stop.

"Are you aware that the wise men in the land advised Moses that the people should stop bringing offering as soon as they had enough, and Moses issued a commandment to this effect? Exodus 36 vs 5-6
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

What he is saying is that, in Winners chapel they don't force you to pay tithe. Am a winner, tithe is not by force. You are told the benefits and leave you to decide.

Bro. Not entirely true. Can a non tither be ordained a Pastor in winners or even a worker?, until then, it is still indirectly compulsory. Peace
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

This brother eh.

Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
1 Corinthians:9:7
If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1 Corinthians:9:11

If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
1 Corinthians:9:12

Meaning, people took care of pastors as obligations.

Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?

1 Corinthians:9:13

Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
1 Corinthians:9:14

But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
1 Corinthians:9:15

Paul did not use his privilege not becos he was not entitled to them.

Peter used his fully.

Go and read 1Cor from 1 down.

The first part of this passage refers to the general principle that the priests who were engaged in the Temple services were supported from the various offerings which were brought there, and the second clause more definitely alludes to the particular fact that when a sacrifice was offered on the altar, the sacrificing priests, as well as the altar, had a share of the animal. (See Leviticus 6:16 ; Leviticus 6:26 ; Leviticus 7:6 ;
Re: Churches That Do Not Demand Tithes In Nigeria by feelgoodInc: 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

Where you dey work, na dere you go.chop.

And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luke:10:5

And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luke:10:6
And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Luke:10:7
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
Luke:10:8

You people are attacking Pastors for being taken care of by members, una see scriptures?

And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
Luke:22:35

IT IS MY DUTY TO CARE FOR MY PASTOR.

guy this is not tithe this is free will offering don't mix it up we are talking about tithe and the fact that a pastor decided to threaten someone if he did not pay and moreover this offering was divided between the whole church so that none lack. Acts 4:32-35, where no one owned anything and everyone shared the offering equally, both the disciples and the believers?

but today your pastor drives a car worth millions, his kids are all schooling abroad, etc etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Love Others More Than Urself? / Power In Names / How Was Church Service Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.