Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta (5495 Views)

Governor’s Office Workers In Calabar Locked-Out For Lateness (photo) / Explosion Rocks Rivers Deputy-Governor's Office / Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
On a good day, i would have sympathized with those ppl thrown out but yoruba ppl only deserve nemesis
probably d same ppl congratulating Fashola on anti-igbo policies. Mtchewww. U ppl have not seen anything.
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
molujagun: Most contributors on Nairaland are really shallow and mostly uneducated

SELFWORTH and a few others have been the only ones that have said anything sensible here.

How can you expect the people to obey Laws that is constantly changing?

How difficult is it for all State Governments to publish the Master Plans of their states showing what is Govt Land or industrial land etc?

It is a shame that these activities of the Government are not purely about development, rather it is all about the grabbing of the universal resources of the state, taking what they can for them selves and selling the rest for money.

Even Eko Atlantic City can not be said to be purely for the benefit of Lagos State. The best choice in the reclaimed land will be allocated to Fasola, Tinunbu and their cronies

You need to get close to these people and you will see the STENCH in Governance in Nigeria.

put it this way, it is just like the allocation of Oil Blocks (ALLOCATION A RESOURCES THAT BELONGS TO THE COMMONWEALTH TO JUST A FEW PEOPLE - ONLY IN NIGERI/AFRICA)
Is that what your peanut brain can come up with? Why not say they want to use it to build a Big mosque, just to complete your round trip of stup.idity!
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
ngozievergreen: On a good day, i would have sympathized with those ppl thrown out but yoruba ppl only deserve nemesis
probably d same ppl congratulating Fashola on anti-igbo policies. Mtchewww. U ppl have not seen anything.
Your sympathy can't buy land nor can it build roads! Honestly your sympathy don't worth shyt, so keep it for those getting kidnapped and thrown in the river!
In some 10 years time, this developmental process will mature and at that time, you will bring your big mouth and say you want to relocate to Ogun state, nonsense!
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by andyzoga: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Unknown Member:

[b]Some, if not all of those folks are most likely not from Ibadan.

Relocate them to where?! Many people jump on busses in search of greener pastures in a new city and dont make adequate arrangements of how they will cope prior to hitting it big. We are a developing Nation for Christ sakes. It is the same you that will go to Dubai, return to Nigeria and open your mouth to spill bullshiit about our government. I gave an example of Rainbow City in Port-Harcourt. It was a slum dweling filled with Akwa Ibomites (Okada riders) & Yorubas (taxi drivers). It was cheap, make-shift houses that was housing over 5000 - 10,000 mostly migrant labourers and workers. All the thieves and armed robbers in Port-Harcourt all lived in Rainbow town. There were reports of how the Nigerian Police could not go into Rainbow town to apprehend a suspect for fear of lynching. Nobody could drive through Rainbow town in the 90's at Night. TODAY! I live in Rainbow area of Port-Harcourt. That place is like the new unofficial GRA of Port-Harcourt. Infact, that place houses the best Medium - Upper class housing Project in the whole of Rivers State. Looking back and remembering what Rainbow town use to be and seeing it now, I say thanks to the Government of Odili for removing that eyesore.

Even in the U.S, Housing is not FREE! angry

Slums still exists and every now and then, the government evicts the occupants of these abandoned houses, demolishes them and puts up new condos. People who end up buying them still have to pay their mortgages for them.

If you cant afford city life, return to your villages. In the village, standard of living is so low, you can feed well on 200 naira a day, ask corp members who served in remote villages. In my village, I will never go hungry. NEVER! My Father at some point moved back to the village after his rent expired and he couldnt afford a renewal. He only returned to the city after he had recovered. I know a woman who lives in the village. She farms, sells her goods in the city and goes back home after the day is done.

The city is a vicious and wild place. Only the strong survive. If the land is indeed being illegally occupied, all your rants are as meaningless as a 1 naira note.

We are a developing nation and development must come at a price.. [/b]
You've just shown that u didnt read through the article before passing off-points and irrelevant comments with sentiments here. Am sure you have no idea of where d community is located. No government presence has ever been there for the pple to benefit from, not even among the legal occupants and now, it's development for which pple? Until we start being our brothers' keepers in this nation. . . Ask yourself who benefits for the acclaimed development at the end of the day. Are there not meant to be low-cost houses for these less-privildged in our society? i dont blame you, leadership is always of product of followership but with followers like you, one needs no prophet to tell d future of this nation.
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
django1:
Your sympathy can't buy land nor can it build roads! Honestly your sympathy don't worth shyt, so keep it for those getting kidnapped and thrown in the river!
In some 10 years time, this developmental process will mature and at that time, you will bring your big mouth and say you want to relocate to Ogun state, nonsense!
Django Django! Lol. If wishes were horses.
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by tpia5: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
ngozievergreen: On a good day, i would have sympathized with those ppl thrown out but yoruba ppl only deserve nemesis

everybody benefits from the same policies you're criticizing.

when igbos buy property in prime locations in lagos, do you complain?

when land gets too tight and there's limited space, most time slums have to be cleared to make way for further development.

nobody says its not hard on the residents of the low income areas, but no one should pray to remain in such places for long: relocating to other, less congested areas is advisable, as people have already pointed out.
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by tpia5: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
thought i was commenting on the lagos thread, wasnt there a similar topic about somewhere in lagos recently?
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
tpia@:

everybody benefits from the same policies you're criticizing.

when igbos buy property in prime locations in lagos, do you complain?

when land gets too tight and there's limited space, most time slums have to be cleared to make way for further development.

nobody says its not hard on the residents of the low income areas, but no one should pray to remain in such places for long: relocating to other, less congested areas is advisable, as people have already pointed out.
We are saying the same tnz but d way yorubas rejoice anytime dey hear anything they feel is negative abt d igbos makes dem very predictible here. What a race.
N besides, when u ask sb to leave a place, u should place a substitute. But as i said earlier, i cant empathise.
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by bannkiee: 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4eva: WE have to suffer in order to enjoy later. If they can't cope they should go back to the village.
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by tpia5: 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:
We are saying the same tnz but d way yorubas rejoice anytime dey hear anything they feel is negative abt d igbos makes dem very predictible here. What a race.
N besides, when u ask sb to leave a place, u should place a substitute. But as i said earlier, i cant empathise.

you're generalizing, and besides, on nl, the same applies when some people hear anything negative about yorubas.

i agree on the issue of compensation, affected communities should be compensated in some way, ideally.
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Bjayjay: 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
ayox2003:

These ACN govs are doing something fishy. Let's see if Aregbesola would follow suit. Then I would know the village an Ipetu man or Obokun man wants to go.

Frawzey
dem go go iwaraja. U be better person o jare. Everything about them is demolition
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 09, 2013
tpia@:

you're generalizing, and besides, on nl, the same applies when some people hear anything negative about yorubas.

i agree on the issue of compensation, affected communities should be compensated in some way, ideally.
for where? Even If dey write anything positive abt d western region, dier people will only start comparing demselves to easterners. No b inferiority complex b dat?
Btw, Good u get d point in compensation
Re: Protesters Shut-down Governor’s Office In Abeokuta by Tolexander: 8:45am On Mar 09, 2013
God told Abram to leave Terah, his father's house to the land he would show Abram.
That means God had already provided a place for Abram to dwell before asking him out of his father's house.
Amosun should have created a place of relocation for this people before asking them to quit. Where does he want them to go?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corruption: Two Unmarried Men Sleeping Together - President Jonathan / See What Amaechi Did To Patience Jonathan. / Pictures & Updates On Gen Okechukwu Buhari's Visit To Imo State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.