Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park (835 Views)

Nissan Primera Gear Takes A While To Shift From Park / Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive / Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by layday2005: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
Any time i drive my car and its hot, drive indicator blink and it doesnt remove from park until its cool. kindly advice.
Re: My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by cardoctor(m): 5:01am On Mar 08, 2013
layday2005: Any time i drive my car and its hot, drive indicator blink and it doesnt remove from park until its cool. kindly advice.

Start by checking if your brake switch is working properly but it seems like you have more serious issues with the transmission electronics. Also make sure that you use ATF-Z1 as your tranny fluid.
Re: My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by layday2005: 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
Thanks alot. i have issue with the gear. it takes time to change frm 3 to 4, it pools if it eventually change. i av changed the oil but no way. After some minute drive, drive indicator blinks.pls help
Re: My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by sucre1(m): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Yo gear is bad
Re: My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by lonelydora: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2013
it happened to me in my 2003 Honda V6, but the culprit was the gear selector switch. It was soaked by water the day i drove through flood. You can also use the emergency release button by the side of your gear stick to remove it from park. Meanwhile go and run a scan on your car before this blockhead mechanics will destroy your car.
Re: My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by layday2005: 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
I have changed the switch but no way. I have taken it for scanning but the guy told me until the check light comes up when i want to put on ignition. He later scanned it but no fault detected. Drive indicator blinks and jerks heavily if i move with force. Pls where can scan it in Ajah lagos? thanks.
Re: My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
layday2005: I have changed the switch but no way. I have taken it for scanning but the guy told me until the check light comes up when i want to put on ignition. He later scanned it but no fault detected. Drive indicator blinks and jerks heavily if i move with force. Pls where can scan it in Ajah lagos? thanks.

for sure something is wrong with your gearbox find someone whose is good with automatic gearbox, your solenoid might need changing

to have a general idea watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7AIX4jEtJ4
Re: My Baby Boy Gear 1998 Model Does Not Remove From Park by ziccoit: 4:37am On Mar 11, 2013
That is why I dread these Honda with auto trans. Imagine being grounded by what is supposed to be a better technology.

@op, wishing you the best.

(1) (Reply)

How To Repair Flood Damaged Vehicle / Pls I Need Help-strange Pains On My Leg When Driving / What Do We Nigerians Mean When We Say "The Car Clean" Refering To Tokumbor Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.