Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam (10405 Views)

Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Lawmakers Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly To Honour Young Rocket Launchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
obicentlis:
He abused the privilege given to him by Rochas, how many governor can assign his deputy that sensitive job just to accommodate him?
Rochas gives 1km inner road contract at 75million(gutter to gutter road) thereby saving around 75million naira which previous govt award at 150million. He doesn't collect kickback from the contractors so that they can complete their work,this deputy Gov cum commissioner for works will compel the contractors to pay him 10% of the contract sum bf he process their papers and payment,if he collects the percentage, their profits are gone thereby abandoning their job. So, who is loosing?
Odikwa egwu! This is corruption at advanced level. Haba! This man wants to tarnish the image of Rochas. You can imagine projects that will be abandoned at the end of his tenure and yet the blame will be on Rochas. Did is just too bad.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by kasiem(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
Agbasos are core apgas and rochas is doing this due to his mission of seeing to the extinction of apga. Roaches, dis apc is seriously bringing out d betrayal and selfish side of u, but tread with caution. Ochudo and obi are watching
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
obicentlis:
Eze Madumere is the Governor in waiting. He sent his wife away cos she was against him following Rochas.
Owelle trust him morethan any body. Ain't surprise if he becomes the Deputy Gov.
I know very well he will be the next governor. Madumere and Rochas are like twin brothers. Nothing can ever seperate them except death . I remember how Madumere helped Rochas in all his campaigns. If Owerri will have to produce the next governor it would definitely be him
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by asha80(m): 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
obicentlis:
He abused the privilege given to him by Rochas, how many governor can assign his deputy that sensitive job just to accommodate him?
Rochas gives 1km inner road contract at 75million(gutter to gutter road) thereby saving around 75million naira which previous govt award at 150million. He doesn't collect kickback from the contractors so that they can complete their work,this deputy Gov cum commissioner for works will compel the contractors to pay him 10% of the contract sum bf he process their papers and payment,if he collects the percentage, their profits are gone thereby abandoning their job. So, who is loosing?
ok i now understand the reason why there were cries about abandonement of road projects.i hope those contractors would go back to site if these issues have been resolved but rochas ought to have known earlier and acted early enough because will only blame him if projects are behind schedule or abandoned.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by kabaka1: 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
Akpa ife: Ds money no dey finish everyday piple dey thief money

Thief thief 4 naija public office will always be d norm until we begin 2 regard am as an abomination punishable by the law's cruel HAMMER like it is in the Western countries like US, UK etc
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by kabaka1: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
berem: Odikwa egwu! This is corruption at advanced level. Haba! This man wants to tarnish the image of Rochas. You can imagine projects that will be abandoned at the end of his tenure and yet the blame will be on Rochas. Did is just too bad.

U're absolutely right. Once his deputy begins 2 stink of corruption, it's inevitable that people will assume that Rochas stinks 2, so d best advice I have 4 Rochas is to get rid of this Agbaso guy as his deputy n find someone with a better reputation. This will boost his public image n give him a better chance 4 2015 election 2.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by asha80(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
kabaka1:

U're absolutely right. Once his deputy begins 2 stink of corruption, it's inevitable that people will assume that Rochas stinks 2, so d best advice I have 4 Rochas is to get rid of this Agbaso guy as his deputy n find someone with a better reputation. This will boost his public image n give him a better chance 4 2015 election 2.
well i heard two weeks ago that the gov has removed the works ministry from jude's care to someone else whom i cannot remember his name now to report directly to him(rochas)
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by acume: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
KGB2008: Jerry Agbaso.God don catch you.Former Comptroller of Customs in Tin Can Island who stole all the Revenue we generated to fund his election those days.Karma is a Bi***.
Correct yourself, Jude Agbaso is diff from Jerry Alagbaoso, Jude Agbaso is the Deputy Gov while Jerry Alagbaoso is a Member of house of representative was a custom officer.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
All that money to be used for wht exactly?! He didn't even try to tif small small. Impeachment will be a step in d right direction to ve swiftly followed by criminal case levied against him. All other political office holders should learn from now on that its not business as usual!
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by manuch(m): 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
dats wot happens when you give a fraudster position in govt.

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by obicentlis: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
berem: Odikwa egwu! This is corruption at advanced level. Haba! This man wants to tarnish the image of Rochas. You can imagine projects that will be abandoned at the end of his tenure and yet the blame will be on Rochas. Did is just too bad.
The young Dep Gov is known Cultist. He drives himself to their meeting opposite Cradle Hotel At works layout. Menn.... That's a disgrace to his office.
Its not only him that is doing this fraud which am very sure of. Hon. Amuka is also involved, this guy built a 2 star hotel within 8months just as ordinary house member. Rochas should wake up and boot these guys before they deface his govt.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by obicentlis: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
berem: I know very well he will be the next governor. Madumere and Rochas are like twin brothers. Nothing can ever seperate them except death . I remember how Madumere helped Rochas in all his campaigns. If Owerri will have to produce the next governor it would definitely be him
I do tell people this and they doubt and argue me. There are 3 people that Rochas can not do without,his immediate younger brother(Barr. Jude Okorocha) a perfect gentle man with wisdom, Eze Madumere and Mrs Geraldine(nee Okorocha). These people are honest and sincere people that he can trust plus other close people that were following him bf he became Governor.
He rewards loyalty.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by bestman09(m): 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
DIRTY POLITICS AT WORK!!! APC vs APGA[/size][size=8pt][code][/code][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Duru1(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
asha 80: ok nwa owerri what is the correct info?if he did not do it why did the jpros construction head said he agbaso demanded for the money?what also does okorocha have to gain to 'rubbish' the owerri people?

The news media in Owerre had been in tank for Rochas Okorocha and repeatedly informed the public that the governor awards all contracts in Imo State. Now that the elder brother and deputy governor did not agree with Rochas Okorocha about recent move to APC, suddenly the deputy governor is demanding hush money from contractors. Why would the Chairman of JBROS, Mr. Joseph Dina, listen to alleged demands of deputy governor when the contract was not awarded by the deputy governor?

1 Like

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Ejine(m): 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pontaboki :
Some people just comment without knowing the correct info.Impeaching the deputy Gov because of false accusations will lead Rochas to nowhere.Back stabbing Owerri Zone people who voted him to power will finish him in 2015.He dare not contemplate of contesting again.

Jesus Christ, is Rochas the one in control of the legislature?
What do you mean "backstabbing Owerri people"?
If a man is found corrupt, shouldn't he be shown the door? Or do Owerri peeps gain anything special from Sir Jude?
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Duru1(m): 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
asha 80: well i heard two weeks ago that the gov has removed the works ministry from jude's care to someone else whom i cannot remember his name now to report directly to him(rochas)

Is there any logic in above statements? It is funny that someone will even insinuate that works ministry is under supervision of deputy governor. How many other ministries are under supervision of deputy governor? I guess there is no commissioner for works in Imo State.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Duru1(m): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
obicentlis:
I do tell people this and they doubt and argue me. There are 3 people that Rochas can not do without,his immediate younger brother(Barr. Jude Okorocha) a perfect gentle man with wisdom, Eze Madumere and Mrs Geraldine(nee Okorocha). These people are honest and sincere people that he can trust plus other close people that were following him bf he became Governor.
He rewards loyalty.

Imo State has been turned into Rochas Okorocha’s family business. Even his son in-law is a commissioner. I could not believe a state that prides itself as enlightened could be turned into home of fools by a street tout.

1 Like

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Duru1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

If a man is found corrupt, shouldn't he be shown the door? Or do Owerri peeps gain anything special from Sir Jude?

Bros, whatsup? You are a male today, tomorrow you turn into female. I am confused as hell on this change of gender.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by asha80(m): 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Duru1:

Is there any logic in above statements? It is funny that someone will even insinuate that works ministry is under supervision of deputy governor. How many other ministries are under supervision of deputy governor? I guess there is no commissioner for works in Imo State.
you want to tell me that you did not know that jude was the de facto commisioner of works?ok who has been the commsiner of works since this administration.

1 Like

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by asha80(m): 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

bros you once said a friend of yours is handling a contract around naze junction.wetin be the project there abeg?
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by asha80(m): 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Ejine(m): 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
Duru1:

Bros, whatsup? You are a male today, tomorrow you turn into female. I am confused as hell on this change of gender.

Bros, na de new thing oh.
Get on board or be left behind grin
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Ejine(m): 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
asha 80: bros you once said a friend of yours is handling a contract around naze junction.wetin be the project there abeg?

Yes, he's part of the people behind the Owerri City School (former "Township School" shebi?).
Another one he's involved in, is the new "Freedom Square" along Bank Rd, opposite that Total Gas Station.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by obicentlis: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

Yes, he's part of the people behind the Owerri City School (former "Township School" shebi?).
Another one he's involved in, is the new "Freedom Square" along Bank Rd, opposite that Total Gas Station.
Owerri City school? Hmmm..... Who is d person? A supplier or contractor? The sch was built by Roche group, the office complex and fence was done by someone I know.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by asha80(m): 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
obicentlis:
Owerri City school? Hmmm..... Who is d person? A supplier or contractor? The sch was built by Roche group, the office complex and fence was done by someone I know.
bros you seem to be in the know of what is going on in the state.are there road construction going on in the rural areas?i always keep hearing orlu,okigwe and owerri cities.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Dede1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
asha 80: bros you seem to be in the know of what is going on in the state.are there road construction going on in the rural areas?i always keep hearing orlu,okigwe and owerri cities.

You can now see what I hinted about Roche and Ginikana. Look, by the time Rochas Okorocha and his family are done with Imo State, Ohakim will look like a saint.

1 Like

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by asha80(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
Dede1:

You can now see what I hinted about Roche and Ginikana. Look, by the time Rochas Okorocha and his family are done with Imo State, Ohakim will look like a saint.
i hear you.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
were was logic when OBJ headed the petroleum ministry for 8years without a petroleum minister and was also the president at the same time, guess u were in Jupiter or planet Mars then.
we only had the GMD OF NNPC then so ur illogical logic theory is porous here.
are u aware that it is the president or governor that delegates responsibilities to their various deputies since they don't have any constitutional functions delegated to them to perform.
go an Google about the roles president GEJ delegated to VP SAMBO then u will be well informed and know that delegation of oversight functions is a reality and logical as well.
or are u a leaner?
?

Duru1:

Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Dede1(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
byrron: were was logic when OBJ headed the petroleum ministry for 8years without a petroleum minister and was also the president at the same time, guess u were in Jupiter or planet Mars then.
we only had the GMD OF NNPC then so ur illogical logic theory is porous here.
are u aware that it is the president or governor that delegates responsibilities to their various deputies since they don't have any constitutional functions delegated to them to perform.
go an Google about the roles president GEJ delegated to VP SAMBO then u will be well informed and know that delegation of oversight functions is a reality and logical as well.
or are u a leaner?
?

The above post is one reason among many reasons Nigeria is in bad shape. If OBJ defecated in his pant, then it become imperative Imo State should do so. What a warped analogy. I guess the constitution that made provision for the offices of Vice President and Deputy Governor must provide functions for such offices.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Ejine(m): 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
obicentlis:

He is a Roche Group employee.
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Ejine(m): 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
asha 80: bros you seem to be in the know of what is going on in the state.are there road construction going on in the rural areas?i always keep hearing orlu,okigwe and owerri cities.

Ideato North and South are getting worked on. Most especially South though, and we all know why wink
Re: Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam by Dede1(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

Ideato North and South are getting worked on. Most especially South though, and we all know why wink

Of course bro, we know Imo State is Okorocha’s family business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid-El-fitr: Recep Erdogan Calls Buhari, Congratulates Nigerians / Yahaya Bello Donates Buses To NDLEA / 2 Suicide Bombers Killed In Failed Attack In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.