Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian (3063 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Would You Remain An Atheist In The Face Of Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by otheloze: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2013
Dear striktlymi i have been following you for some time and your perspective on issues seems to be unethical for a normal christian,i must confess you are very logical and sincere in your contribution on various topics,please tell me something i don't know, WHY ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?, striktlymi does christianty actually sound logical to you or your are stock to it based on external reasons like family and environment,please forgive me for using the term logical (not in the atheist context)as the word has been abused and bastardized on this forum.
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2013
They were saying that man is the new logicboy.......

.....little did they know that Striklymi is the new Anony grin grin grin grin grin

Srtiklymi, come answer this thread ooo
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by ooman(m): 11:45am On Mar 08, 2013
have to edit. Striky isnt really fully scientific
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
otheloze: Dear striktlymi i have been following you for some time and your perspective on issues seems to be unethical for a normal christian,i must confess you are very logical and sincere in your contribution on various topics,please tell me something i don't know, WHY ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?, striktlymi does christianty actually sound logical to you or your are stock to it based on external reasons like family and environment,please forgive me for using the term logical (not in the atheist context)as the word has been abused and bastardized on this forum.

Good evening otheloze,

I trust you are fine!

I would have loved to give you some direct answers to your query but don't you think that a personal message would be more appropriate? I saw the PM prompt to my e-mail earlier but there was no personal message. Why not send me another and we will keep this between us since it seems to be a personal matter.

Thanks!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by victorNRceo: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening otheloze,

I trust you are fine!

I would have loved to give you some direct answers to your query but don't you think that a personal message would be more appropriate? I saw the PM prompt to my e-mail earlier but there was no personal message. Why not send me another and we will keep this between us since it seems to be a personal matter.

Thanks!
Ok,if u don't want us 2 kno ur particular belief(atheism,theist wareva),at least u can just let us kno,whether u a christian or not,can u? We need kno mehn!!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

Ok,if u don't want us 2 kno ur particular belief(atheism,theist wareva),at least u can just let us kno,whether u a christian or not,can u? We need kno mehn!!

Good evening Victor,

I believe my position is obvious from my posts!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Alfamann: 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
There must be something wrong somewhere because striktlymi is one of the most illogical characters I have seen on nairaland. He is no atheist and actually well represents christianity in its glory of hypocrisy and false modesty.
His only quality is that he can congugate a few understandable sentences despite being a christian, and that's saying a lot.
He always starts with the false greetings which no one asked for, and which nobody needs but which in his christian head, he finds necessary to impose on the rest of us.
He dodges questions with the oldest trick in the book: answering a question with a question. It is not logic. It is "christian intelligence".
Now that this thread was about to open his nyash, he wants it all hush hush. Private pm. Personal matter.
You mr striktlymi, are a hypocrite.
Your useless greetings don't impress me.

5 Likes

Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Ayomivic(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening otheloze,

I trust you are fine!

Thanks!

personal matter ?
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
Alfamann: There must be something wrong somewhere because striktlymi is one of the most illogical characters I have seen on nairaland. He is no atheist and actually well represents christianity in its glory of hypocrisy and false modesty.
His only quality is that he can congugate a few understandable sentences despite being a christian, and that's saying a lot.
He always starts with the false greetings which no one asked for, and which nobody needs but which in his christian head, he finds necessary to impose on the rest of us.
He dodges questions with the oldest trick in the book: answering a question with a question. It is not logic. It is "christian intelligence".
Now that this thread was about to open his nyash, he wants it all hush hush. Private pm. Personal matter.
What has he done to warrant this?
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by saintvc(m): 11:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening otheloze,

I trust you are fine!

I would have loved to give you some direct answers to your query but
don't you think that a personal message would be more appropriate? I saw
the PM prompt to my e-mail earlier but there was no personal message.
Why not send me another and we will keep this between us since it seems
to be a personal matter.

Thanks!
is there skeleton in ur cupboard, are you hiding something,

1 Like

Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by otheloze: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2013
Dear striktlymi
Top of the day to you, it is very obvious i am not alone in this quest to know what we dont know about you but if you insist i am still highly obliged to make it a private affair, i tried emailing you but couldnt get through you can email me craig30smith at yahoo.com
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by manmustwac(m): 3:25am On Mar 09, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening otheloze,

I trust you are fine!

Thanks!
This is a public forum and everybody here is anonymous so i don't understand why you insist on answering questions about your religious beliefs in secrecy striktlymi. Is your true identity under the threat of being revealed if you answer questions here? Or is there something about your beliefs that you, an anonymous member is to ashamed to discuss here in front of all us other anonymous members? Since otheloze met you here you should answer him here. angry angry angry angry
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 09, 2013
ooman: have to edit. Striky isnt really fully scientific

Wow!!! now this is pretty ooman...never knew some Atheists post first and think later...

ooman I am disappointed...not because you had to edit but because your edit came when you saw some other posts...this shows that you really are not your own man. You seem to be motivated by what some other Atheists think and say...guy please dare to be different and be your own man!

I really thought we had something in common...we don't wipe anyone's a$$, no matter what but I guess I was wrong...please don't let my regard for you plummet...I really don't want to place you in the category of Atheists who do not have a mind of their own and those who 'defile' the 'temple' of logic. No offence boss but study wiegraf, inurmind, muskeeto, Atheist-D and learn a thing or two about doing something out of conviction as against pleasing the crowd.

If your honest opinion of me is one who lacks logic, one who is unintelligent, one who is f**lish in his opinion etc I would have been cool with it if it is your honest opinion...

PS: I kinda like the edited version though cause I knew you spoke out of sentiments the first time and that's one reason I chose to ignore it. Your first motive was wrong and now you are getting the second motive wrong??
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 09, 2013
Good morning otheloze,

otheloze: Dear striktlymi
Top of the day to you, it is very obvious i am not alone in this quest to know what we dont know about you
but if you insist i am still highly obliged to make it a private affair, i tried emailing you but couldnt get through you can email me craig30smith at yahoo.com

Good morning otheloze,

I will respond to your query when I get to Lagos...

#Have a long and stressful drive ahead of me wink
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2013
Alfamann: There must be something wrong somewhere because striktlymi is one of the most illogical characters I have seen on nairaland. He is no atheist and actually well represents christianity in its glory of hypocrisy and false modesty.
i guess mr striktlymi has made a few enemies. I thought with his level head he would never have someone who thinks d above of him.
This one suprise me.
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Alfamann: 9:59am On Mar 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: i guess mr striktlymi has made a few enemies. I thought with his level head he would never have someone who thinks d above of him.
This one suprise me.

You call this level head?

striktlymi:

Wow!!! now this is pretty ooman...never knew some Atheists post first and think later...

ooman I am disappointed...not because you had to edit but because your edit came when you saw some other posts...this shows that you really are not your own man. You seem to be motivated by what some other Atheists think and say...guy please dare to be different and be your own man!

I really thought we had something in common...we don't wipe anyone's a$$, no matter what but I guess I was wrong...please don't let my regard for you plummet...I really don't want to place you in the category of Atheists who do not have a mind of their own and those who 'defile' the 'temple' of logic. No offence boss but study wiegraf, inurmind, muskeeto, Atheist-D and learn a thing or two about doing something out of conviction as against pleasing the crowd.

If your honest opinion of me is one who lacks logic, one who is unintelligent, one who is f**lish in his opinion etc I would have been cool with it if it is your honest opinion...

PS: I kinda like the edited version though cause I knew you spoke out of sentiments the first time and that's one reason I chose to ignore it. Your first motive was wrong and now you are getting the second motive wrong??
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 9:59am On Mar 09, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning otheloze,

Good morning otheloze,

Good morning otheloze,

Good morning otheloze,

quick reply oh! I'm very curious.
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 10:03am On Mar 09, 2013
Alfamann:

You call this level head?

hehehe, e b like u and d guy get issues! I better keep off oh!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
manmustwac:
This is a public forum and everybody here is anonymous

C'mon man, everyone has the right to choose how to respond to someone's personal ish.

manmustwac:
so i don't understand why you insist on answering questions about your religious beliefs in secrecy striktlymi.

The questions are not about my religious beliefs...they are more about why I chose the belief and why I am still part of that belief system...if he had asked a question about my beliefs, Ubenedictus, Chukwudi44 and any other 'enlightened' catholic would have been able to answer without my input.

manmustwac:
Is your true identity under the threat of being revealed if you answer questions here?

I don't care much about whether or not my identity is revealed. I have not attempted to even hide it. I can reveal my identity without breaking a sweat.

manmustwac:
Or is there something about your beliefs that you, an anonymous member is to ashamed to discuss here in front of all us other anonymous members?

My beliefs are obvious in all my posts! Not everyone agrees with them but they are obvious. The OP's questions were inspired by the beliefs inherent in my posts.

manmustwac:
Since otheloze met you here you should answer him here. angry angry angry angry

There is no biggy! Watch out for part 2...Lol!!!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by ooman(m): 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
i must have hurt someone! ?
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by ooman(m): 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
striktlymi:

Everyone's opinion change. Because i changed my post, based on a new input from you, does not mean i wrote first before i thought. You fu'cked up by your new input on my thread "Marriage to atheists....the best experience of my life" where you claimed that Mechanics can explain a quantum state.

striktlymi: ooman I am disappointed...not because you had to edit but because your edit came when you saw some other posts...this shows that you really are not your own man. You seem to be motivated by what some other Atheists think and say...guy please dare to be different and be your own man!

You fu'cked up by your new input on my thread "Marriage to atheists....the best experience of my life" where you claimed that Mechanics can explain a quantum state. How does that make me acquiescent? Logicboy and your folks here have a hard time understanding my science, that is because i am unique in the first place. Nothing i edited should make you conclude the above except anger.

striktlymi: I really thought we had something in common...we don't wipe anyone's a$$, no matter what but I guess I was wrong...please don't let my regard for you plummet...I really don't want to place you in the category of Atheists who do not have a mind of their own and those who 'defile' the 'temple' of logic. No offence boss but study wiegraf, inurmind, muskeeto, Atheist-D and learn a thing or two about doing something out of conviction as against pleasing the crowd.

Now you are irritating me. I have the right to change my opinion, doesnt mean i have lost my mind. Nothing i edited should suggest any of this.

striktlymi: If your honest opinion of me is one who lacks logic, one who is unintelligent, one who is f**lish in his opinion etc I would have been cool with it if it is your honest opinion...

you are being melodramatic. I only said you are not really scientific, that has nothing to do with your philosophy or logic.

striktlymi: PS: I kinda like the edited version though cause I knew you spoke out of sentiments the first time and that's one reason I chose to ignore it. Your first motive was wrong and now you are getting the second motive wrong??

Who is sentimental? me who edited a post or you who is crying over it? I edited the posted because of your fallacious input on my thread "Marriage to atheists....the best experience of my life" where you claimed that Mechanics can explain a quantum state.
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by tobechi20(m): 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
otheloze: Dear striktlymi i have been following you for some time and your perspective on issues seems to be unethical for a normal christian,i must confess you are very logical and sincere in your contribution on various topics,please tell me something i don't know, WHY ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?, striktlymi does christianty actually sound logical to you or your are stock to it based on external reasons like family and environment,please forgive me for using the term logical (not in the atheist context)as the word has been abused and bastardized on this forum.
op, u are th onee viewing, christian wrongly, skritymy is objective in his analysis, that is how xtianity should be, being a christian doesnt mean thinkin using bible only. Christians arent illogical
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
ooman:

Everyone's opinion change. Because i changed my post, based on a new input from you, does not mean i wrote first before i thought. You fu'cked up by your new input on my thread "Marriage to atheists....the best experience of my life" where you claimed that Mechanics can explain a quantum state.

You fu'cked up by your new input on my thread "Marriage to atheists....the best experience of my life" where you claimed that Mechanics can explain a quantum state. How does that make me acquiescent? Logicboy and your folks here have a hard time understanding my science, that is because i am unique in the first place. Nothing i edited should make you conclude the above except anger.

Now you are irritating me. I have the right to change my opinion, doesnt mean i have lost my mind. Nothing i edited should suggest any of this.

you are being melodramatic. I only said you are not really scientific, that has nothing to do with your philosophy or logic.

Who is sentimental? me who edited a post or you who is crying over it? I edited the posted because of your fallacious input on my thread "Marriage to atheists....the best experience of my life" where you claimed that Mechanics can explain a quantum state.

Disappointed!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
saintvc: is there skeleton in ur cupboard, are you hiding something,

Hiding something??...oh please!!!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
ooman: i must have hurt someone! ?

Don't flatter yourself!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2013
Good afternoon again otheloze,

I have decided to respond to your query here cause the provision for PM is really not working as it should.

otheloze: Dear striktlymi i have been following you for some time and your perspective on issues seems to be unethical for a normal christian,

I really do not understand what you mean by "normal Christian". Care to elaborate? When you say unethical, do you mean that my posts 'defiles' the principles of right conduct with respect to the teachings of Christ? Or do you mean that my posts are against Christian ethics in line with what these 'normal Christians' want to accept?

otheloze:
i must confess you are very logical and sincere in your contribution on various topics,

Nice to know that you think that but not everyone would agree. Anyways, my honest opinion is that I am less concerned about what people think about me or my posts. I am more concerned about my convictions. The truth is, a lot of nairalanders come here to build an opinion based on the philosophies of some persons. Its good to learn from others but better to sieve whatever information and form your own opinion....I have my own opinion, independent of what someone else thinks...I share them and I don't mind if these 'normal Christians' dislike them.

otheloze:
please tell me something i don't know, WHY ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?,

I am a Christian...I am a Catholic Christian...I chose this path because I am convinced that this is the path Christ has carved out for me.

otheloze:
striktlymi does christianty actually sound logical to you

It depends on what you mean by 'logical'. The base of Christianity defies logic as we know it. The "base" of Christianity depends largely on faith...faith becomes the 'guide' where logic finds itself in the 'dark'. My prayer when things becomes difficult and somewhat impossible to understand has always been: "Lord I believe..please help my unbelief" and Christ has never failed to help.

otheloze:
or your are stock to it based on external reasons like family and environment,

I am not a Christian because of some pressure somewhere. I have been my own person right from the 'get go'. I will choose not to do something if I notice that I do it because of some pressure somewhere. If I hadn't experienced God personally and assuming he had not led me to Catholicism I would have become a deist. Its clear that God exists but what is not so clear is how he has revealed himself to man. I have not always been Christian...I started out as a pagan but found my way into Catholicism.

otheloze:
please forgive me for using the term logical (not in the atheist context)as the word has been abused and bastardized on this forum.

If you say so!
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
striktlymi:

C'mon man, everyone has the right to choose how to respond to someone's personal ish.

The questions are not about my religious beliefs...they are more about why I chose the belief and why I am still part of that belief system...if he had asked a question about my beliefs, Ubenedictus, Chukwudi44 and any other 'enlightened' catholic would have been able to answer without my input.

I don't care much about whether or not my identity is revealed. I have not attempted to even hide it. I can reveal my identity without breaking a sweat.

My beliefs are obvious in all my posts! Not everyone agrees with them but they are obvious. The OP's questions were inspired by the beliefs inherent in my posts.

There is no biggy! Watch out for part 2...Lol!!!
i'll burn u a little, i really dont see d reason why you chose not to let us know ur private ish. At least d bible says u shuld have an ansa for those which to know the reason for ur hope. Abi no be so?
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ubenedictus: i'll burn u a little, i really dont see d reason why you chose not to let us know ur private ish. At least d bible says u shuld have an ansa for those which to know the reason for ur hope. Abi no be so?

I guess I beat you to it! cheesy
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
tobechi20: op, u are th onee viewing, christian wrongly, skritymy is objective in his analysis, that is how xtianity should be, being a christian doesnt mean thinkin using bible only. Christians arent illogical

Hi Tobe,

It's been a while! Hope all is well?
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon again otheloze,

I started out as a pagan but found my way into Catholicism.

If you say so!

cmon srsly? what Pagan religion did you follow? were you born Pagan?
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Good evening Pagan,

PAGAN 9JA:

cmon srsly?

grin

PAGAN 9JA:

what Pagan religion did you follow?

I don't know the particular 'brand' of pagan religion (May be you can help out here). All I know is that we had this river 'goddess' called 'Ise' who we go to worship at specific periods.

PAGAN 9JA:
were you born Pagan?

Yes, I was born into it and practiced it too. Actually, my grand dad (Fathers side) was a high chief in our village and a respected 'traditionalist' and 'seer' while my grand dad (mothers side) was the Okumagbe (King) of Weppa and Uwanno who also was a 'strong man'. You can say, paganism ran in the family.
Re: Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
striktlymi:

I guess I beat you to it! cheesy
and i miss an opportunity to burn ur a$s a little. Good explanation, never knew u praticed traditional religion, maybe you can help me with my study of ifa. Wha'd ya say?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Earth Is 4.5 BILLION Years Old. Surely Many Races Came Before Us! / Anecdotes: Another Evidence Of God's Existence / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.