Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? (20328 Views)

Little White Girl Crys To Her Mom That She Want's To Be Black (must Watch Video) / What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / 7 Things That Make You Look Like A Cheater(even If You Are Not) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by jewelzizi(f): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
[quote author=tonididdy][/quote]so soRry dear.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by blackbeau1(f): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
The way she cares for me and the funny reply she gives me anytime I ask her for some money.she'll say no @ first,then before I know it,she'll rethink her earlier decision and send me the dough.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by baffylander(m): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
When I remember all she used to do, I always smile wistfully...There was a day we were having our visiting day and my mum was on medication for typhoid yet she managed to travel for over 300km just to see me and my brother, I felt like the world's most pampered baby (was alrdy in SSS 1 ooo)...still loving my dear. Rest in Peace mum, u were d best!!!
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Paulaok4(f): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
Funny beautiful patient loving intelligent resourceful.......the list is endless, I have been dancing azonto for d past few days cos she is coming next weekend. My mum raps pigin with us like no 2moro(she even speak pass me sef)....she has held us all together after my Dad died and his people turned on us, she put my siblings and I through school, and when my Dad's lands were lost promised to buy one for each of us, which she did. The only thing wen I no like be sai I no resemble am physically. I for like am well well(I look like my Dad)
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Emperor5c(m): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pour out some liquor and I reminsce,
cause through the drama
I can always depend on my mama
And when it seems that I'm hopeless
You say the words that can get me back
in focus
When I was sick as a little kid
To keep me happy there's no limit to the
things you did
And all my childhood memories
Are full of all the sweet things you did for
me
And even though I act craaazy
I gotta thank the Lord that you made me
There are no words that can express how
I feel
You never kept a secret, always stayed
real
And I appreciate, how you raised me
And all the extra love that you gave me
I wish I could take the pain away
If you can make it through the night
there's a brighter day
Everything will be alright if ya hold on
It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I
understand
You are appreciated momma!

1 Like

Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by endibe(m): 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
D list is endless,without my mum i would have been crippled, she is d reason while am happi today, she is always dere at my bedside 4 nearly 2yrs at different hospitals accros d country praying &making sacrifices dat i may walk again. i luv u mum,u are d best
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by jadina(f): 12:24am On Mar 09, 2013
My mum never beat me til date. Even when broke, she would borrow money and buy. airtime to call me and my siblings just to check on us. I remember when I wanted to travel out but could not raise the ticket money, mum brought out the best wrappers she had and took them to sell in order to raise the money. My dad....na different matter joor. And she still holds me by the hand wen crossing any road which embarrasses me but I love her 2 bits. Pray I work enough money and buy her a car and take her to uk for holiday as she wishes b4 she's gone. Won't spend millions for golden coffin and cows she won't see . Would rather make sure she enjoys it when she's alive.

1 Like

Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Iceslizer(f): 3:49am On Mar 09, 2013
Going to bed too lazy to pray because I know momma would always pray for me grin grin
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by bisiswag(f): 5:07am On Mar 09, 2013
My ma? She's like the best thing ever in my world' she rocks'
My ma can see in her dreams'
She prays and prays for us
She never demands for money even after training professional graduates' rather she asks if we have enuff(this is to mention a few oh)
Finally what will never be wiped from my memory is when I beat up a stupid girl in secondary school days and my school bag was seized and was asked to call my parents' Told my ma and she DID NOT utter a SINGLE word,just followed me and sorted out the whole mess' To this day she remains my role model cos she has taught me how to be a true mum,one who stands by her kids and defends them like a lion does her cubs'
Love u ma.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by ylaa(f): 5:20am On Mar 09, 2013
MY SWEET MUM, I KNOW SHE IS IN HEAVEN YET ALWAYS WITH ME COS I FEEL HER PRESENCE ALWAYS. WRITING ABOUT HER BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES. SHE WAS MY BEST FRIEND. EVEN AS AN ADULT, I WAS STILL HER SWEET LITTLE BABY.SHE CALLS ME KOKOMA COS I LOOK VERY MUCH LIKE HER. SHE WAS AS GENTLE AS A DOVE, KIND TO A FAULT. WHEN WRONGLY ACCUSED, SHE WILL NEVER DEFEND HERSELF, RATHER SHE TELLS YOU, GOD KNOWS ME BETTER. WHEN THINGS GOES WRONG, SHE TELLS YOU, DONT WORRY GOD IS FIXING IT. EVEN IN THE WORST SITUATION, THERE IS ALWAY SOMETHING GOOD AS FAR AS MY MUM IS CONCERN. SHE TAUGHT ME ALL THAT I KNOW TODAY.SHE WAS ALWAYS THE LAST TO SLEEP. SHE WILL NEVER EAT TILL I RETURN FROM WORK. SHE WAS ALWAYS WAITING AT THE BALCONY. SHE PRAYS WITH US EVERY NIGHT AND MORNING. I MISS HER EVERY SECONDS OF MY LIFE.THE SWEETEST MUM AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Omnisharp(m): 5:53am On Mar 09, 2013
La Mumcy'm...words are'nt enuf 2tell dem how u luvd me (ur only son)...I was her assistant Husband, My First Luv, we discussed everything...even how I screwed my 1st Unscrewed Female Website. She called me on phone 2come eat, and her meal (all that never patook of it, misssed a life-time esperience)...I Love You Mum (I Still Do)...and I pray I'll meet a girl that'll luv me like u did...I'll giv anytin 2marry her. Sleepwell, Mummy'm.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by lupey: 9:14am On Mar 09, 2013
My parents are separated and I've had only the "mother-figure" in my life for over 10 years even though my father is very well alive. This woman has single-handedly taken care of four children. I was just 11years old when they got separated and the eldest amongst us just turned 15 when it happened and she courageously took us out of my father's house,got us into very good schools,paid our fees till we graduated;never asking my father for a dime, cool,even sponsoring us till our university level! Two of my siblings are graduates from private universities and I would be completing my law program soon. She has been our rock,our support,our confidant,friend...in short,everything! Its important to state that she never had any relationship,never considered a remarriage and did all these by herself! She's a very strong and independent woman. She has taught her daugters 2 be d same too! She never appreciates fretting over a guy,and expects us 2 exude confidence at all times,even in our carriage. She's also veery protective. I remember the day I was stuck in the airport in Houston and she was in Nigeria. She didn't sleep overnight,asking me how much I had on me and how I was going to eat,where I was going 2 sleep and all that. In short,my mum is just the best! I love her soooo much! I owe my life to that woman!

2 Likes

Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 09, 2013
1dickatatime: Two things I remember and smile to myself any time I reflect on them
1.)When I was younger I don't like beans at all, then she one day told me in Yoruba "eni ti ko ba je ewa ko ni lewa" meaning "if you don't eat beans you won't be handsome". God knows how I religiously took to eating beans thereafter. so funny. Somehow I grew up to be an handsome man. lol, like seriously.
2.)At a time when things were a bit rough for us she would always tell me "don't worry dadan lowo, waa lowo ni. ko si ohun ti enikeni lese si" meaning "to be rich is compulsory, you will be rich and there's nothing anyone can do about it" I'm not yet at my dreamland but trust me I'm operating at a rather higher level than most of my peers. It's a pity she's gone to rest too soon. Mummy mi I LOVE YOU DIE
If she were alive, she would have been replused by your username.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by blezin123: 9:28am On Mar 09, 2013
her jokes she is vry jovial
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by keyword(f): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2013
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]♍Ɣ mum is always so supportive, especially to us her children. She's a great source of encouragement. She brought us up in the fear of God. I remember those nights she would stay up and pray, especially when one of us was on the way, coming home. She always has a way of cheering us up. She is a model of great strength and character, especially when we lost our dad,seven years ago. I love you mum
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by osho3mtech(f): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2013
My sweet mom
She's is the best woman in my life... Mrs J .O. Akpeokhai

1 Like

Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by eforce: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2013
My mother is a hero. Her midnight prayers have kept me all these years.

Here are gift suggestions for african mothers.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/03/gifts-suggestions-for-african-mothers.html
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by djteewhy: 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
the awkward momemnt when you write a long comment and nobody likes it cheesy
Tolexander: When i was young, probably when i was a baby. Mum would call a girl which was a year younger than me her daughter inlaw jokingly anytime she is passing with her mum in front of our house after the gurls mum and mine had finished greeting themselves.
I asked mum one day why she calls the gurl her daughter inlaw and she said that the gurl is my wife cos the gurl and i did play when we were babies.
When we grew up that was what i used to asked the gurl out cos mum had already parted the red sea with her word and created a way for me to get to the promise land.
Mum! Can't helped but smile anytime i recollect this.

There are these words of comfort and encouragement she always give me.
''every cloud has a silver lining'' and
''life is not too small to create a friendship neither is it to big to create enmity''.

1 Like

Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Tolexander: 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
djteewhy: the awkward momemnt when you write a long comment and nobody likes it cheesy
i never wrote for people to like it. Just my own experience.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by afm4ever(m): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
IceDude: Same with my mum. But my mum adds swag 2 her prayers by holding her breasts every time she prayz 4 me and my siblings
u no well at all lol grin
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by afm4ever(m): 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
IceDude: Same with my mum. But my mum adds swag 2 her prayers by holding her breasts every time she prayz 4 me and my siblings
u no well at all lol grin
u no well at all lol
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by afm4ever(m): 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
My mum is d best thing that have happened to me he will always call me on phone to know how am doing and to give me advice and pray for me on phone though am not living with them now cos of my work i love soooo much mum and happy mother's day celebration ;DMy mum is d best thing that have happened to me he will always call me on phone to know how am doing and to give me advice and pray for me on phone though am not living with them now cos of my work i love soooo much mum and happy mother's day celebration
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
My mum?The sweetest thing I know is that she is very pretty even at 45,Please can someone open a thread about dads,so much sweet things to write about him.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by dino2006(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
My mum is simply awesome. She is prayerful, beautiful and would go any length to see her kids succeed in life.
She doesn't think twice before parting with her gold jewellries, whenever d need arises.
God bless that woman for me.
Happy Momma's day. smiley
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by olayiwola9(m): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
Her stand and sense of humour, and God doesn't fail to answer her prayers. She is the best in the world. Ain't nobody like my mum. Rip mama, i'll meet you at the feet of Jesus.
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by InvertedHammer: 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2013

If there is no money,

MY MOM WILL DISOWN YOU
cool
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Fhemmmy: 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
Honestly, everything about her, how protective she was and how she discipline us when there is a need for it are all qualities that stood out and i just cant help but to say - Thanks
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Iffffffy(f): 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
I love her prayer life, she is always mentioning my name and two other siblingz in prayer, she is too much. It do pain me i dont teke after her curvy stature. I love her
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Ivynwa(f): 12:16am On Mar 10, 2013
The way she loves me and the pet name she calls me. kiss

You just gotta love momma!
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 10, 2013
Oh! LOts and lots! But i'll just say one - The way she still carries me on her laps sometimes when we watch the teevo together or have certain discussions cheesy
Re: Sweet Things About Your Mom That Make You Smile? by Fhemmmy: 2:00am On Mar 10, 2013
staicey: Oh! LOts and lots! But i'll just say one - The way she still carries me on her laps sometimes when we watch the teevo together or have certain discussions cheesy

Lol . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style / Kenyan Man Detonates 5 Petrol Bombs In His House After Accusing Wife Of Cheating / See The High Number Of Babies To Be Born In Nigeria on New Year Day By UNICEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.