Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

K.dot The King - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / K.dot The King (670 Views)

Coming Soon: Video For Ibadan By Q-dot Ft. Olamide / Jamix – Freestyle Session Ft. Modenine, Ain Mosni, Pherowshuz, El Dot, Ruggedman / Who's The King Of The South Between T I And Ludacris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

K.dot The King by Pdizzle(m): 8:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
After a lot of thought and consideration of things that seem to have a lot less to do with lyrical ability and more about whose buzz is the biggest in Hip-Hop, the MTV “Brain Trust”(Sway Calloway and some other folk from MTV who like Hip-Hop music) has finally rounded out their list of hot MCs, and picked the number one “Hottest MC in the Game.” Out of all the people on the list, Kendrick Lamar camein at number one, with the Compton kid besting 2 Chainz at number two and Rick Ross at thethird spot.
When Lamar got the news from Sway with MTV’s cameras following, it was nice to see thatthe young spitter was genuinely surprised by his win, and checkedit off as a goal accomplished. “You know what’s crazy, we werelooking at the years of the different MCs, and we were always like, ‘Man, we gotta get on there. We gotta at least get on the list.’ But to make it #1, that’s a whole ‘nother thing.” Lamar was probably able to nab the number one spot due to all the positive chatter surrounding the recent release of his second studio album, good kid, m.A.A.d city , which has been critically acclaimed and done pretty good on the charts (as good as albumscan do nowadays if you’re not Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber). When asked by Sway how the album came to life, Lamar commented that it’s pretty much something that has been inthe works not for a few monthsor for a few years, but since he was 13:
“It wasn’t a six-month process; really a whole life experience. And that’s what really made thisalbum: All my mistakes, all my thoughts, all my ideas of being adreamer, all my homeboys’ faults, all the scoldings that my father used to give me. All that made up this album.”
If you ask me, Lamar is the rightchoice for the number one spot, but not everyone thinks so. Now,you probably already know that Kanye West wasn’t too happy with his placement on the list (7), nor was A$AP Rocky (cool, andword was that Drake might not have been a fan of his fifth place ranking either, but 2 Chainzdid express gratitude for his second place status via Twitter saying, “Thanks MTV, headed to the lab…”
So what is the full list? Goes a little something like this:
10. Meek Mill
9. Future
8. A$AP Rocky
7. Kanye West
6. Big Sean
5. Drake
4. Nas
3. Rick Ross
2. 2 Chainz
1. Kendrick Lamar
Do you respect the order? Who would you move to what spot? Who’s missing? Let us know yourthoughts below!

(1) (Reply)

Vector Ft. 2face: Follow Me Dey Go Remix / FULL TRACK: Olamide Ft. Iyanya - Take It Inside [DOWNLOAD] / VIDEO: Kcee Ft Wizkid - Pull Over (DOWNLOAD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.