Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

When Are They One? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Are They One? (1582 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 6:43am On Mar 09, 2013
At what point are couples one? Is it d day d dowry was paid? Or is it d day they got wedded before a priest? Or is it d day they had sexx first time? When exactly do they become one?
Re: When Are They One? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 09, 2013
ATMC: At what point are couples one? Is it d day d dowry was paid? Or is it d day they got wedded before a priest? Or is it d day they had sexx first time? When exactly do they become one?
theres no such thing as couple becoming one.....two separate personality trying to make things work...no such thing as one.....
Re: When Are They One? by babysnogls: 7:44am On Mar 09, 2013
Once they say their marital vows na. 'For ds reason a man wil leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and they will BECOME ONE FLESH'. Wether in church, court or traditional. Once they say their vows they're one.

1 Like

Re: When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 7:46am On Mar 09, 2013
If its so how come he dt is joined to a prostitute is one with her? There was no exchange of vow na.
Re: When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 7:49am On Mar 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

theres no such thing as couple becoming one.....two separate personality trying to make things work...no such thing as one.....
d personality is a different thing altogether and i know they are both single people in dt area working together. It still does not eliminate d oneness concept. At what point did they become one?
Re: When Are They One? by 190: 7:54am On Mar 09, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: When Are They One? by FXKing2012(m): 7:57am On Mar 09, 2013
Re: When Are They One? by lecturerdabo(m): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2013
ATMC: At what point are couples one? Is it d day d dowry was paid? Or is it d day they got wedded before a priest? Or is it d day they had sexx first time? When exactly do they become one?

I think you become one the day you agreed to be; Amos 3:3, or the day you slept with him/her outside that agreement.

NB. I prefer to use agreement cos(though I did it) I still don't think white wedding is the all in all cos we were never told Jesus officiated at any wedding.

1 Like

Re: When Are They One? by Exponental(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2013
@op, can u define marriage?
Re: When Are They One? by KINGwax(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2013
The bible say, 'they will become one', it didn't say immediately they marry. But describes sex with another person as 'joining in one with body with...'
Consummation is essential to become one body in marriage, and dt is y it preaches against premarital sex.
U avin sex with every dicck and harry creates a lotta problem dt so many overlook. We share other peoples spiritual problem tru sexual intercourse.
Well, I shldnt be d one preaching this, ma reputation won't allow it.
Hehehehe
Re: When Are They One? by k2039: 10:13am On Mar 09, 2013
[size=13pt] I assume you meant when they really got married, once the bride price is paid they are married. Church is just away to siphon unnecessary funds. Prayer from a priest doesn't necessarily translate to a happy marriage, evident by the divorce around.

On couples becoming one, that's just an illusion. Oneness will only reveal incompleteness in each other, this illusion is one of the reasons some people get into marriage and failed relationships.
Each individual is one and complete in himself/herself.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: When Are They One? by pleep(m): 10:18am On Mar 09, 2013
According to every great religion a couple becomes one the instant they have sex. The formal marriage agreement is simply a legal protocol

2 Likes

Re: When Are They One? by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 09, 2013
ATMC: If its so how come he dt is joined to a prostitute is one with her? There was no exchange of vow na.

Exchange of inem angry angry angry
Re: When Are They One? by Mynd44: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
Dowry?
Dowry is the properties the bride's father gives the bride when she is going to her husband's house

I assume the OP means bride price.
The answer depends on the traditions. Personally, if you do a traditional wedding before the church wedding, you are just getting married twice and wasting money as K2039 said.

You become one when you get married, whichever wedding comes first but if you say it is the moment you pay the bride price, it is wrong as the payment of the bride price is one of the pre-requisites for marrying and that does not mean the wife is yours yet. You still have to fullfull the other obligations and even in the traditional wedding, there is a point where the wife is asked to choose her husband which is a form of "I do" this is what seals the wedding.

In the case of an underaged or arranged wedding or stuff like that where the parents are the one giving the bride away, the marriage starts when the father hands the bride to the groom

in church, it starts when the priest delcares you man and wife....

And so on.....the bride price can always be returned if the bride gets a better offer from someone else
Re: When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
k2039:
[size=13pt] I assume you meant when they really got married, once the dowry is paid they are married. Church is just away to siphon unnecessary funds. Prayer from a priest doesn't necessarily translate to a happy marriage, evident by the divorce around.

On couples becoming one, that's just an illusion. Oneness will only reveal incompleteness in each other, this illusion is one of the reasons some people get into marriage and failed relationships.
Each individual is one and complete in himself/herself.
[/size]
yes of course. There's such thing as oneness else how do you explain d shattering caused by divorce when compared to our feelings when we fail in other areas. It was this oneness dt i required to know at what point it took place...from some peoples posts, it appears to be when they had carnal knowledge of each other and i sorta concurr
Re: When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
@mynd44 your view is a little bit different from mine in dt you are considering marriage to be becoming one. I see both as different things altogether
Re: When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
190: undecided undecided
Re: When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
Exponental: @op, can u define marriage?
it is d legal union of man and woman as husband and wife.
Re: When Are They One? by FXKing2012(m): 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
ATMC: any scriptural backing for the last statement you made?
Yes! The Bible says a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife and the two shall become one.Meaning they only become one after marriage (after she becomes a wife)
Re: When Are They One? by Acidosis(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Re: When Are They One? by Acidosis(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
S. £x joins 2people together in the spiritual..

BUT

wedding (vow) joins the physical 2 together
Re: When Are They One? by FXKing2012(m): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
ATMC: but there was no mention of exchange vows...and this statement, they only become one after marriage is not stated by d word, i guess you added dt cos of d leaving.
Always ask questions before making conclusions.

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. .
Re: When Are They One? by pleep(m): 2:50am On Mar 10, 2013
2 people become 1 the instant blood is exchanged via intercourse. This is the sole reason why fornication is considered such a bad sin
Re: When Are They One? by pleep(m): 2:53am On Mar 10, 2013
Let me ask yall this... how do yall think Adam and Eve were married? grin
Re: When Are They One? by ATMC(f): 4:18am On Mar 10, 2013
pleep: Let me ask yall this... how do yall think Adam and Eve were married? grin
god wedded them and lion was adam's best man and eve's chief bride's maid was...erm...i'll brb
Re: When Are They One? by FXKing2012(m): 9:04am On Mar 10, 2013
ITbomb:
You keep mentioning marriage , can u pls define this marriage cos the marriage I know existed even before the church devised exchange of vows and wearing white cloth
Marriage is when u ƒuck if not so why would Paul warned against joining ur body with a who.re or Jesus telling the woman by the well that she is marriage to 5 men
Marriage is a holy institution ordained by God, pls dont reduce it to just s-e-x.; S-e-x is not a holy matrimony so it's not tantamount to marriage.
Re: When Are They One? by IZUKWU(m): 9:40am On Mar 10, 2013
Acidosis: S. £x joins 2people together in the spiritual..

BUT

wedding (vow) joins the physical 2 together
B-)this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Friendship / The 4 Categories Of Girls The Guys Date / How To Know You're A SIDE Chick.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.