Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Is Good Friday Truely Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Good Friday Truely Good (1103 Views)

Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria / Is It Truely Demonic To Eat In The Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Good Friday Truely Good by matured(m): 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2008
Just want us to ponder abt this.
Is good friday truely a good friday?
pls i want u guys to do justice to this question
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by babs787(m): 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2008
Why do they say that christians must not eat anything that has blood?

Why is this Friday Good?

Does this means that all other Fridyas have not been good?
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Ndipe(m): 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2008
Why it is called "Good" Friday" is that for the first time, after the fall of Adam and Eve, Salvation for Mankind was obtained not through bulls or goats, but through the Blood of Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of God. Glory be unto His Holy Name in the Highest, Amen.

Thank You Jesus Christ, Amen.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2008
matured:

Just want us to ponder about this.
Is good friday truely a good friday?
please i want u guys to do justice to this question

is there any day such as bad Friday? if not. . then i guess ____________
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by matured(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2008
thanks guys for ur reply
the reason i asked this question is because many christians dont know what they are celebrating.
this DAY we call the good friday was the day JESUS was killed and yet they still call it good why not bad friday.that was what i saw and decided to put it to u guys to tangle wit it.
IS good friday truely GOOD?

But thanks to Ndipe,u have tried in answering it.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Gamine(f): 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2008
@Matured

You apparently lack a sense of reasoning.
May God be your guide
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by olabowale(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2008
@Gamine: But Matured has a good point. How is it that the Friday that your god get killed is known as 'good friday?" Probably you guys are kinda secretly happy/glad that your god died, so you felt good about it. Otherwise it should have been a bad friday. Come tothink of it, every friday is good in my book. I get to go to Jumuah and friday is my birthday of the week!

@Ndipe:
Why it is called "Good" Friday" is that for the first time, after the fall of Adam and Eve, Salvation for Mankind was obtained not through bulls or goats, but through the Blood of Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of God. Glory be unto His Holy Name in the Highest, Amen.

I wonder what Bull or Goat was used for the salvations of those who were saved in Noah's ark, or those saved from the brimstones that befell the community of Lut (in Sodom and Gomorrah)? Can you expalin? You will see that you guys continue to exagerate the condition of Jesus, while you blindly ignore the obvious.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 24, 2008
What are you talking about Olabowale?

@matured
If you call it bad friday, that is your business. What I am concerned about is the message of that day and the effect it has on my soul.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Ndipe(m): 4:31am On Mar 24, 2008
Stillwater, abeg leave am alone.

Olabowale, Happy Easter!
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by matured(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2008
first let me reply olabowale abt the bull and goat u saw in everNdipe's post,HE i mean Ndipe was right formaly it was the blood of bulls and goats hat was used asa ramson for the sins of men in those day but when christ cam and gave his life for us.everything changed for HIS sake.so that is truth.
Now over to stillwater.i never had a problem with this topic but i want u to learn from it.
Somanu people ce for the season.lebrate what they know not.Thats is why i have brought this topic so they can know the reason for this season.
Someone precious was killed for there sake on that day but many of them still try to murder HIM the second time by betraying Him on that same day.
So that is the issue at hand now IS GOOD FRIDAY TRUELLY GOOD?

Thank u and i still need more respons here b4 moving to another topic on my mind.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Gamine(f): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2008
You better move to another topic

sharp sharp!
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by olabowale(m): 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Matured: You did not address my issue of bulls and goats for Noah's ark and Lut's sodom and gomorrah. I am only concerned about those two. They are long time before the Hebrew/Children of Israel/ Jews.

@Gamine: Let him contribute.

@Ndipe: I wish you exactly what you wished me. How is Alameda county? Your picture is downtown Oakland. Very near the Emporium store, and not two far from the News Print.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Ndipe(m): 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2008
Picture was taken in downtown San Jose, not downtown Oakland.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by olabowale(m): 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Ndipe: Okay
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by matured(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2008
Olabowale.
Am not clear wit ur quetion on bull and goal Noah and luts.So if u can be so kind to break it down the more.so i can know what u want to know.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by matured(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2008
Olabowale am waiting ur responds so i can ask another question .
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by olabowale(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2008
@Matured: Please tell me, were there any Goat or Bull offerings as a ransome/salvation for those people saved in the Ark of Noah, versus lack of any in the case of those who perished in the flood?

Were there any Goat or Bull offerings as ransome/Salvation for those few who were saved from the Brimstone destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Afterall, you Christians always claimed that it was Jesus that stand in the place of your Goat and Bull sacrifices. You dig now, my brother?
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Maykelly(f): 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2008
Ndipe:

Thank You Jesus Christ, Amen.

Truly it is not the first time. But it is called "GOOD FIRDAY" because the Catholics uses that friday as the remebrance day when Our Lord JESUS was crucified. Actually, is not that; is the right day he was crucified - is just for remembrance. Just as one celebrates his/her birthday. Since the death of JESUS reconcilled us with GOD - we see his death as a good one. Hence the good FIRDAY.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by mnwankwo(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2008
If people claim that the blood of Jesus is required for salvation, then they have to explain why blood is needed for salvation. They also have to explain why God requires the blood of his son to forgive the sins of his creatures.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by matured(m): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2008
alrightt olu,
If am to start expaining these things to u ,u wont still get it cous u are not in line wit it.
But let just say this that the blood of bull and Goat was what they use in the oldires to cleanse the sins of the people when they have sinned.
WHEN Jesus can and dies for us he reversed all that and HIS blood was used as a ranson for the blood of bulls and goat.
Noah, after GOD istryed the world gave but offering to GOD not becos they have sinned but to appreciate GOD ofr spearing their lives,
If u need more info visit the BIBle so u can get more info.

have a swell week.

NB:next time i come back here i will introduce anthoer question ,so get ur selnes prepared.GOD loves u.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by babs787(m): 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2008
@May Kelly

Truly it is not the first time. But it is called "GOOD FIRDAY" because the Catholics uses that friday as the remebrance day when Our Lord JESUS was crucified. Actually, is not that; is the right day he was crucified - is just for remembrance. Just as one celebrates his/her birthday. Since the death of JESUS reconcilled us with GOD - we see his death as a good one. Hence the good FIRDAY

You said Friday was not the actual day he was crucified, so please when was he crucified?

Jesus also gave the sign of Jonah as his only sign, so in what way was he like Jonah?

If you are giving just one one Friday out of very many a 'good one', does that mean all others have not been good?
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2008
babs787:

You said Friday was not the actual day he was crucified, so please when was he crucified?
He died on a friday. We commemorate his Death on Good Friday. It does not matter EXACTLY when He was crucified.

babs787:

Jesus also gave the sign of Jonah as his only sign, so in what way was he like Jonah?
Jonah was in the belly of a whale for 3 days. Jesus was buried and resurrected on the third day.

babs787:

If you are giving just one one Friday out of very many a 'good one', does that mean all others have not been good?
You are yet to define the philosophical/theological meaning of GOOD. The term "Good Friday" is a deeply theological term with a very profound significance. It is NOT pedestrian english!!
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Image123(m): 4:58am On Apr 07, 2008
@matured
The Christians call the friday during Easter 'good friday' because of the benefits of the day and the period.as the scriptures say all things work together for good to them that love God.that day,when the devil thot everything was going his way was when mysteriously he received the biggest bruise and shock of his life.It was the day when Christ paid the price of salvation and said IT IS FINISHED.the day when Christ hung on the tree to bear our curses and burdens for us.The day that gave us hope of eternity,the day when the veil of the temple was torn apart giving both jew and gentile access to the throne of God.Thats why it is a 'good Friday'
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Ndipe(m): 5:21am On Apr 07, 2008
May God's Name be Glorified and Sanctified for His Great Love and Gift, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who died to offer us eternal Salvation. Praises be unto His Holy Name in the Highest!!!, Amen!

@Image, God bless you for your lucid and insightful explanation of the Greatest story in History.
Re: Is Good Friday Truely Good by Image123(m): 5:36am On Apr 07, 2008
Amen!!! God bless you too.thanks

(1) (Reply)

"Jesus Of Nazareth" - book written By Pope Benedict XVI / Creating A New Beginning / Free Wallpaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.