Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 (10853 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo U20 AYC (3 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 / Nigeria Vs Gabon: Africa Youth Championship: (1 - 0) On 20th March 2013 / Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Freiburger(m): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Studio CFR: Give me one good reason why I should support an Ibo football club?
Because football has got nothing to do with neither tribe nor religion, besides, the Ibos have contributed a lot to the Nigerian football.

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Tinyemeka(m): 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2013

I know you to be better than this. Stop trolling.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
I predict a Rangers victory, Reason; they have been more consistent. If the country's transport system was top grade, I wouldn't mind watching the match live @ d stadium. Lots of fun and characters.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by hollypagan: 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
y2kaustinstone_: am not an Igbo club fan.. angry
then go to hell and find one
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by atanasofberry(m): 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pls hw much is the ticket price?
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by StudioCFR(m): 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
ichidodo: whatever. ARRSHOLE.

U look hungry in that pix....have u been fasting lately?
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by sambos994(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
Rangers!!!
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by ichidodo: 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
Studio CFR:

U look hungry in that pix....have u been fasting lately?
yeah whatever ARRSHOLE.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by StudioCFR(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
atanasofberry: Pls hw much is the ticket price?

#150 only
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by sambos994(m): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2013

Why shouldn't you support an ibo club? Don't you know some yorubas play for those clubs?
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by StudioCFR(m): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
sambos994:

Why shouldn't you support an ibo club? Don't you know some yorubas play for those clubs?

What happened to yoruba football clubs then if I may ask?
Under funded?
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Up Enyimba
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by caesaraba(m): 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
I'm rooting for Rangers. Rangers all the way!
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Freiburger(m): 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
Studio CFR:

Under funded?
This is a good question.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by sambos994(m): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Studio CFR:

Under funded?

You tell me, you're the one supporting them.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by cr7lomo: 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
Studio CFR: Biafra league of kidnapping (BLK) 2012/2013 season kicks off angry

Moderator, I dnt no if u r tribalistic also because ppl like dis fool sud b banned so as oda fools dat bring tribal war 2 a soccer forum. Y r naija ppl like dis nd we wanna mv 4ward. I wish ppl like u were ard during d slave trade so dat d white ppl wil treat u like an animal dat u r. Any1 dat is tribalistic can as well pass as a white racist against blacks. Av noticd dat d igbo ppl r mostly attackd unnessarily, d question is y is it jealousy. If u don't like rangers or enyimba cos dey r doin well or dey r igbo clum, y open d thread, did any1 4c u. U jst wanna com here 2 cos trouble nd nxt tin ud go 2 chgurch 2 pray nd say GOD no de answer ma prayer

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
saintneo: Premier Eastern Derby kicks off new season

No matter what you choose to call the name by, no matter how much times the name of any thing is changed, what is in it is still in it. The Premier Eastern Derby is a meet of champions of two of the oldest clubs in Eastern Nigeria; whether it is a game involving Heartland FC of Owerri (formerly known as Iwuanyanwu Nationale) and Enugu Rangers or one of these sides vs. Enyimba, It is always a game to watch and talk about, especially when it is the season’s opener.

The 2012/2013 season of the Nigerian Professional Football League (having being renamed by the Interim League Management committee), and after several delays and push forwards of the kick off date - which has become a norm for the league, starts on the hills of the Coal City State, inside the main bowl of the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium along Ogui Rd in Enugu State and the game is a premier eastern derby, which arguably could stand as the game of the season (unless it’s another eastern derby involving two of the eastern clubs). The match is between The Flying Antelopes and The People's Elephant - Enugu Rangers FC vs. Enyimba FC.

Undeniably, Enyimba stands as the stronger team between the two sides and have also shown records of most victories whenever the two teams meet, be it in The League or the Challenge Cup and they hope to carry that same aura of strength, confidence and hunger for victory into the game which kicks off at 4:00 PM Nigerian time on the 9th of March 2013 at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium.

Judging by head to head statistics in meetings of these two sides, The Elephants stand a better chance of returning to Aba with the 3 points or at least 1 point to their bidding. In the last six meetings, both at home and away, Enyimba FC have prevailed in defeating The Flying Antelopes three times at home, loosing twice and drawing once. The goal margins in those games have proven the toughness of the rivalry.

In the 2009/2010 Season, Enyimba drew Rangers at home in a goalless encounter and then returned to Aba to defeat the boys from the Coal City state with a 1-0 margin. The 2010/2011 season saw the two sides pull home victories with a 1-0 margin respectively. 2011/2012 turned out well similar but to the better side of the Aba Elephants having lost 1-0 to Rangers in Enugu and then handing them a 2-0 defeat in the return leg at the Enyimba Intl Stadium.

However, in overall 13 games involving the two sides, Enugu Rangers have the most record of 7 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses compared to Enyimba's 4 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses. Yet the recent improvement recorded in victories for Enyimba is fiery for oppositions to be shaken with on and off the pitch - the premier league teams know this! How will the turnout of the 2012/2013 season be? Saturday, March 9, 2013 and a return leg on July 07, 2013 shall tell the tale!

TALKING POINTS:

Games between Enyimba FC and Rangers FC have always hit up argument and counter arguments over who the better team is, who has the best players, who is the biggest and most respected club in the East and Nigeria as a whole. Whether or not the result of their games answer the questions, the fact still remains that Enyimba currently towers above Enugu Rangers in number of victories, championships won, continental engagements and quality players within their ranks.

For this game, the talking point will centre most on two people. One for Enyimba and the other for Rangers: The Coach of Enugu Rangers Okey Emordi will be eager to reinforce his coaching credentials against Saturday's visitors. This is because in Enyimba's 2004/2005 campaign, Emordi guided the team to glory by helping them clinch the league crown and retain their CAF Champions League trophy but was sacked afterwards. Despite an additional stint in Aba, he certainly will be looking to inflict opening day defeat against his old club.

For Enyimba, the man who will be scrutinized will be left back Uwadiegwu Ugwu who joined the club from Rangers two seasons ago and hurt the Antelopes deeply when he helped condemn them to a 2-0 defeat by scoring a stunning free-kick in their last trip to Aba. His wild celebrations after sealing the defeat of his former club was a stab in the chest for the traveling fans and the thousands more who watched the game on TV back in Enugu. A hostile reception certainly awaits him.

But whatever the outcome of the game is, a premier eastern derby involving Enyimba is never a game to miss as it shows top class football hardly ever seen in any Premier League game.
ok

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Nwaoguta(m): 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
football is made in igboland, no igbo no football in nigeria, ewu u don hear am.

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Igwe9(m): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Lol@ studio CFR, if it wasn't trouble you were looking for, you would have stayed on your own, no body forced you to open this thread. Some things we do or say come back to hunt us.

Kindly do your kinsmen some little good by recanting all your statement and ask for pardon. It will be honourable of you to do so, in oder to begin to progress in life since I do not see any successful man in his right mind in this world that go about causing trouble. This particular action of yours must have been born out of frustration or psychological inadequacy.
Thank you.

As for me, I support rangers, reason being that I like them.

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Studio CFR:

Under funded?
Who cares?
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Adanyebe(m): 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
SOO?
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by jude33084(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2013

angry
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by jude33084(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2013

Which of the club in Naija do you even know? undecided

Kano pillars is my team; they romance the ball like Swansea Fc cool
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Jerryjat(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
huna doooo....
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by EzePromoe: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
Is Nairaland responsible for your joblessness
Why vent you anger unnecessarily undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by MEILYN(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
lwkmd see as ppl dey comment ì dis match, gud1 sha naija league don dey try

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by jude33084(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Studio CFR: I'm a chelsea fan... Naija's football league is too boring/local to win my support

Bros apart from Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal, Toth, and most recently ManC matches which other ones do you watch? wink

Same with Naija Premier League; Rangers,Eyimba, kano pilars, Wikki tourist and warri woves others are like EPL matches grin
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Freiburger(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Is Nairaland responsible for your joblessness
Why vent you anger unnecessarily undecided
50likes

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by amiskurie(m): 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
God bless whoever started dis!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) / Paul Pogba Wants To Leave Manchester United - Raiola / Super Falcons Drawn Against Mali & Morocco At The Aisha Buhari Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.