Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Examining Muslims and Miracles - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Examining Muslims and Miracles (9597 Views)

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / Muslims and Christians Unite Against Terrorism in Pakistan / "Examining Wahhabism" -English Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Examining Muslims and Miracles by infofirst(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2013
Ibraaheem Ath-thaqaafee Oluwaseyi Oladeji wrote on fb

Enough of all these name on meat, name on tree, name on cow, name on moon, baby with kettle, baby with rosary . . .

Let us concentrate on the Quran!
People today, have neglected studying Allah's words and now look for inspiration in secondary and tertiary means.

I am a culprit, and probably you too. Ask yourself, how much of Allah's words have you committed to memory or fully understood its meaning. Don't you know that some people accepted Islam simply by listening to a single verse? What profound meaning did they derive? What did they hear? The same thing that has turned to ringing tone today!

We are spending 6-3-3-4 (+ MSc + PhD + post doc + . . .) years learning about this dunya and harding get serious about a 3-month Arabic course; if you actually ever started it.

You then see some people going around burning houses, killing innocent people in the name of defending the religion. What religion? Wake up!

We all need to work more on unlocking the wonders of this supreme miracle. If we all start doing this, i do not think we would have spare time left to "celebrate" these "micro-miracles". The grandeur of the Quran would render whatever we get from these things as grossly insignificant.

Lesson: Even if these things truly happen, they do not neccessarily need all these attention. Our religion is not a miracle-based religion. The greatest miracle is the Qur'an. . . . but you and me know not! It is up there neatly packed on the top wardrobe section only to be touched on the first day of Ramadan, compete with friends on the highest number of completions and returned diligently after Eid.

Kai, o ga fun wa!

37 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by maclatunji: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
Nice perspective.
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by infofirst(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
maclatunji: Nice perspective.

Yeap n tanx for adjusting d topic
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by sino(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
I followed these miracles back in the days ehn, only to discover that some were false.

Alhamdulilah for the Qur'an, the miracle of all miracles.

1 Like

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by maclatunji: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
infofirst:

Yeap n tanx for adjusting d topic

You are welcome.
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by tbaba1234: 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
If muslims truly knew what this Quran is, we won't be bothered with these kinds of nonsense.
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by infofirst(m): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
tbaba1234: If muslims truly knew what this Quran is, we won't bothered with these kinds of nonsense.

more like it

1 Like

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
Don't have a take on this. So am speeding off peepz
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Burger01(m): 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
tbaba1234: If muslims truly knew what this Quran is, we won't bothered with these kinds of nonsense.
I wondered... sad
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by wellmax(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
infofirst:
Enough of all these name on meat, name on tree, name on cow, name on moon, baby with kettle, baby with rosary . . .
I'd been waiting for someone to say this a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
Islam is not miracle based, but i think the quran mentioned about Jesus performing miracles. Or am i wrong?
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
That Islam is taken for a religion is a miracle. Oya Delete and Ban.

7 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Mobsync(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Me sef, I don tire 4 all the Allah name on meat. No "genuine" pic to proof, nothing nothing. All they do is unnecessary ranting.

And b4 one disgruntled Muslim clicks on the report button, u should realize that I am also Muslim nd this post is not offensive. :/

5 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by deols(f): 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wow..thank u o for making this known.
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by fatherofather: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Una no go leave this ppl wt they believ nd religion bfo another tin go happen, my hand no dey!

2 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by idirect(m): 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
[size=13pt]Some of those miracles are real bro, i mean Allah can show his mighty in any ways. Though most miracle we see nowadays are lies. May Allah lead us to the right part and not to the part of those who wil go astray.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by ovo4u(m): 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Poster you forget the 72 virgin thing grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Habebe: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
wa Allahu alam(Allah knows best).
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by coolheed: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
May Allah bless the OP and the audience of this message. Although miracles exists, the primary focus should be on the fundamentals - five pillars of Islam, righteous deeds, love for one another, reciting/memorizing the Qur'an, etc.

Most of us are guilty of this and may Allah direct our affairs rightly. Ameen.

3 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Interesting...,
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by adexsimply(m): 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
ovo4u: Poster you forget the 72 virgin thing grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
All religion are tool for social control.
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by mrofficial2(m): 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2013
Pastor Chris and T.B Joshua must hear this.

What comments are offensive to islam? Can we get the list and the punishments apart from being banned?

If bombing is not involved, I will gladly post gbo gbo ero.
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by tbaba1234: 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
solidbroda: All religion are tool for social control.

Are you willing to have a discussion on that?
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
pls what is d way forward?? Islam or Christianity
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Dosoq(f): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
and ye shal know d truth,n d truth shall set u free......candid advise,get d truth!

1 Like

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by tbaba1234: 6:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
Dosoq: and ye shal know d truth,n d truth shall set u free......candid advise,get d truth!

You too: get the truth.. It would certainly set you free.

1 Like

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Sike(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Poster was very right tho.
Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by afrikanns: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
Honestly, diplomatic and decency approach is what i admired most, All these wonder signs are all from Allah (SAW) and they are like smoke which can never be covered;so noise has to be made for people to understand and hear that the dooms day is near; and AL ISLAM is only the RELIGION with ALLAH (SAW).

2 Likes

Re: Examining Muslims and Miracles by Asanlaye09(m): 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? / Exercises That Help Hold And Control Breath During Quran Recitation / The Importance Of Saying "In Shā Allah إن شاء الله"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.