Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,309 members, 7,864,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? (1674 Views)

Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Crackdown On Christian “Apostates” In Iran / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi: @Image123

My brother, once someone says that Truth is not exclusive, it becomes pretty obvious that the gray matter is all gone. You have a lot of energy to be engaging such anti-intellectualism. If Truth is not exclusive, then everything is true and nothing is a lie and we're wasting our lives debating on nairaland. After all, the whole reason the dead-brains in question is proselytizing for atheism is because he thinks religion is false and truth is found by embracing atheism. Curious if he also thinks truth is not exclusive, but not a mystery once you remember how dumb he gets when Christ is on his mind.

Welcome to Ihedinobi's world where premise does not meet conclusion.

Dafuq is that in bold? What nonsense did you just write in bold?

If you have beef with me, just say it. Dont Anonynize my comment wink
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
hehehehe, Ihedinobi, see trouble oh. The guy is blinded by satan.

Satan?

Lol......some christians can be silly at times- I dont believe in gods, therefore I believe in satan? Satan is controlling me?

Lmao
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by victorNRceo: 2:51am On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
Therefore, anything not exclusive to everyone and anything universal is truth? like Christianity, Islam and atheism?
U actually composed ^^ as a qtn,but obviously would be ur conclusion to the statement 'truth is universal'.

Image123:
hehehehe, Ihedinobi, see trouble oh. The guy is blinded by satan.
Nah,this applies to u(no insult meant),open ur mind to the claim,and u will realise logicboy meant truth is in atheism and lies involve religion,thereby,atheism having only universal gains to claim(which is available for everyone living)«proves that truth(atheist gain) is not exclusive,and lie(supernatural/spiritual gain) is exclusive to the non-believer. This is just what I assimilated,or u understood something diff. then open up(let's c ur 'intellectualism' according to ihedinobi).
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 13, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

..let's c ur 'intellectualism' according to ihedinobi).
hohoho
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by victorNRceo: 3:24am On Mar 13, 2013
musKeeto:
hohoho
He makes non-profound grammars as good as he makes non-profound religious and logical conclusions. @christians,give ur possible best to think within the realm of transparency and u will c the lights.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Welcome to Ihedinobi's world where premise does not meet conclusion.

Dafuq is that in bold? What nonsense did you just write in bold?

If you have beef with me, just say it. Dont Anonynize my comment wink

Lb, you are hilarious. You're not important enough for me to beef with, didn't you know? You're just so anti-intellectual and it's interesting to show you up for what you are every now and then, you know. See, for instance, how you are ignorant of the meaning of the statement you made - truth is not exclusive - it's proof that you do not think at all. And if you think we're misunderstanding you, go on and explain how truth is not exclusive. Perhaps I'll see a need to apologize to you.

Logicboy03:

Satan?

Lol......some christians can be silly at times- I dont believe in gods, therefore I believe in satan? Satan is controlling me?

Lmao

Does his statement require that you believe in Satan?

victor-NR-ceo:

U actually composed ^^ as a qtn,but obviously would be ur conclusion to the statement 'truth is universal'.

Nah,this applies to u(no insult meant),open ur mind to the claim,and u will realise logicboy meant truth is in atheism and lies involve religion,thereby,atheism having only universal gains to claim(which is available for everyone living)«proves that truth(atheist gain) is not exclusive,and lie(supernatural/spiritual gain) is exclusive to the non-believer. This is just what I assimilated,or u understood something diff. then open up(let's c ur 'intellectualism' according to ihedinobi).

I'm hard pressed to see the sense in the above, my friend. You want to show us how [truth is not exclusive] = [truth is exclusive to atheism]. And what does 'atheism [has] only universal gains to claim' mean?

victor-NR-ceo:

He makes non-profound grammars as good as he makes non-profound religious and logical conclusions. @christians,give ur possible best to think within the realm of transparency and u will c the lights.

So, what dictionaries and thesauruses do we need to consult to understand the above?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

How can these things be? Do you speak English?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 10:56am On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Satan?

Lmao
i once met someone who had the HIV but believed it was all white man propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
i once met someone who had the HIV but believed it was all white man propaganda.

lol
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lb, you are hilarious. You're not important enough for me to beef with, didn't you know? You're just so anti-intellectual and it's interesting to show you up for what you are every now and then, you know. See, for instance, how you are ignorant of the meaning of the statement you made - truth is not exclusive - it's proof that you do not think at all. And if you think we're misunderstanding you, go on and explain how truth is not exclusive. Perhaps I'll see a need to apologize to you.

Does his statement require that you believe in Satan?
?

Lol

Truth is not exclusive-

The above statement is ambiguous. A sensible person will ask me what I mean by truth and by exclusive. But a fool like you likes to jump into conclusions.

Facts and logic are universal anyone with a brain can use them. Facts don't discriminate, they remain true no matter who accepts or reject them
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

The above statement is ambiguous. A sensible person will ask me what I mean by truth and by exclusive. But a fool like you likes to jump into conclusions.

Facts and logic are universal anyone with a brain can use them. Facts don't discriminate, they remain true no matter who accepts or reject them

you'r being ambiguous here. the Christian faith is universal and anyone can be a christian. The Christian faith does not discriminate, it remains true no matter who accepts or rejects it, duh.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Meanwhile, Truth by definition has to be EXCLUSIVE. You cannot be going left and right at the same time.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
you'r being ambiguous here. the Christian faith is universal and anyone can be a christian. The Christian faith does not discriminate, it remains true no matter who accepts or rejects it, duh.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Meanwhile, Truth by definition has to be EXCLUSIVE. You cannot be going left and right at the same time.

The christian faith is universal? lol.....tell me, which christianity is true- catholic doctrines or pentecostal doctrines?

Tithing or non-tithing?
Trinity or Jesus a prophet or non-trinity?

Do black churches in america relate to South Korean churches?

Anyone can be a christian? Inclduding gays>?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol

Truth is not exclusive-

Never ask for a shovel when you're in a hole, my friend. Ask for a ladder. The above is you begging to be buried in your own illogic.

Can you show how that statement is ambiguous?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Never ask for a shovel when you're in a hole, my friend. Ask for a ladder. The above is you begging to be buried in your own illogic.

Learn to learn, learn to be open minded, and learn that you are just as ignorant as the rest of the morons on this planet. There is more to learn than just one tiny little angle that you believe in, which is only one prespective.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by victorNRceo: 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
How can these things be? Do you speak English?
Yes it can be. No,I speak swahili.
It's obvious u've realised the point of logicboy's statement.
@ihedinobi,what sort of 'anti-intellectualism'(oyinbo to gbono) are u,do u need basic lectures to understand that atheism is believed to have only worldly gains(money,marriage,fame and everything available in the universe for u and me)to their reach. Didn't the bible emphasise that? Didn't the bible also promise universal gains for the believers 'seek first the kingdom of God n his righteousness n all these things(referring to universal gains others are dying to get)shall be added.« Now,that is the truth that is not exclusive. Heavenly gain(this is true to the religious but lies to non-believers) is the most important thing for believers(of God) and available only to them,therefore it's exclusive.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

The christian faith is universal? lol.....tell me, which christianity is true- catholic doctrines or pentecostal doctrines?

Tithing or non-tithing?
Trinity or Jesus a prophet or non-trinity?

Do black churches in america relate to South Korean churches?

Anyone can be a christian? Inclduding gays>?
The christianity seen in the Bible. And yes, anyone can be a christian, so says the christian book. All you have to do is Repent and Believe.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

Yes it can be. No,I speak swahili.
It's obvious u've realised the point of logicboy's statement.
@ihedinobi,what sort of 'anti-intellectualism'(oyinbo to gbono) are u,do u need basic lectures to understand that atheism is believed to have only worldly gains(money,marriage,fame and everything available in the universe for u and me)to their reach. Didn't the bible emphasise that? Didn't the bible also promise universal gains for the believers 'seek first the kingdom of God n his righteousness n all these things(referring to universal gains others are dying to get)shall be added.« Now,that is the truth that is not exclusive. Heavenly gain(this is true to the religious but lies to non-believers) is the most important thing for believers(of God) and available only to them,therefore it's exclusive.
Your english writing is poor and not easily comprehensible. Write properly, then i can reply you properly. thanks.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

smh....you have comprehension problems. I cant help you.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by victorNRceo: 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
ifeness:

Learn to learn, learn to be open minded, and learn that you are just as ignorant as the rest of the morons on this planet. There is more to learn than just one tiny little angle that you believe in, which is only one prespective.
Thank u.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by victorNRceo: 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
ifeness:

True talk. I love to listen to your words. Actually,pretty soon,I will be inviting you to enlighten people on your knowledge about gods, Huros/jesus n book of the dead n few more I can't remember now. Plz kindly accept ma invitation.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

True talk. I love to listen to your words. Actually,pretty soon,I will be inviting you to enlighten people on your knowledge about gods, Huros/jesus n book of the dead n few more I can't remember now. Plz kindly accept ma invitation.

Thanks bro

There is no God,No creator. If there were a God,something must have created it.

The Bible is a book of stories and scriptures made up by prophets. The world would be much better off without Religion nothing but trouble. How can there possibly be a God when are so many religions. God is a made up word and a dirty word.......
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by victorNRceo: 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote auth ;Dor=Image123]
Your english writing is poor and not easily comprehensible. Write properly, then i can reply you properly. thanks.[/quote]
Lol,actually,u are the one who have comprehended poorly. That's a simplified explanation right there,even,a basic two students can comprehend that,without external assistance. OLODO oshi.(Perhaps he understood,but just can't refute it or can't admit his 'anti-intellectualism'grin)

It's obvious,Logicboy was right in this statement;
Logicboy03:

smh....you have comprehension problems. I(even NL) cant help you.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

Lol,actually,u are the one who have comprehended poorly. That's a simplified explanation right there,even,a basic two students can comprehend that,without external assistance. OLODO oshi.(Perhaps he understood,but just can't refute it or can't admit his 'anti-intellectualism'grin)

It's obvious,Logicboy was right in this statement;
Logicboy03:

smh....you have comprehension problems. I cant help you.
So you cannot read properly too?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:

So you cannot read properly too?

You and Ihedinobi need to go back to school.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

You and Ihedinobi need to go back to school.

To teach you ba?
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
Image123:
To teach you ba?

When you say something is exclusive, it has to be exclusive to something or somebody!

Explain how truth is exclusive.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by Image123(m): 1:22am On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

When you say something is exclusive, it has to be exclusive to something or somebody!

Explain how truth is exclusive.
Exclusive is select, limited, private, special, restricted. It is being the only one.
Truth is loyalty, accuracy, precision.
If something is true, it means that anything that contradicts it is not true. If a number is a odd number, the truth has to be that it is an odd number, it cannot be an even number at the same time. The truth of its been odd excludes it from being even. If the way is North and that is the truth, then it cannot also be true that the way is West. The truth that the way is North excludes other directions. If greater than 40 is truly the pass mark, it automatically excludes less than 40. Truth always excludes. If i say "you are my only friend", it automatically excludes others, except i am not saying the truth. Hope these are basic enough.All answers cannot be true or right, only one answer is, and it excludes all other answers.
Re: Why Do Religions Dislike Apostates? by oaroloye(m): 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
Why should people trying to create a followership grant a person who leaves the followership equal status with those who remain faithful?

How do you do it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

................ / Isnt It Wrong For Christian Pharmacists To Sell Condoms / Things I Wish Christians Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.