Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Do You Think Ndi Igbo Are Bitter? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Ndi Igbo Are Bitter? (459 Views)

Revealed! ! Why APC Leaders Are Bitter About Election Rescheduling! / 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Ndi Igbo Are Bitter? by brownlolly(m): 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
During my youth service year I was privileged to live with two wonderful Ibo boys. We ate together from the same pot, slept on the same bed, went everywhere together...

We discussed about many issues, and produced fine arguments. But when we talk about Nigeria and the possible outcome of the 2015 elections, it is a different case. They keep saying that we(Yoruba) are betrayers and that they have been marginalized during the civil war. No matter how hard I try to make them see possible reasons why things happened the way they happened, they turn slightly aggressive and I perceive bitterness.

I wasn't born during the Civil war so I really don't know what went down, and I know that I cannot understand the pain the Ibo people went through...but why are they still bitter(for nothing)? Every single Nigerian has suffered even from the hands of the colonial powers and right now I think what is more important for us as a nation is to come together and work towards achieving the goals of our common values rather than accusing other tribes for not conforming to their unrealistic and deviant idea of splitting our wonderful nation.

Long live Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Govt Advises Flood Prone Residents To relocate / Fuel Subsidy / Poverty, Prosperity And Definition Of Money! (part II).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.