Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? (962 Views)

Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos / NDIGBO: No Regrets Over March 28 Polls / 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by thelastPope(m): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
Just got this from a "PHCN" staff that the new DISCOs are taking over fully on monday the 11th of March. Can anyone else confirm this? This is big big news for me. I have been waiting for this day!

I can't wait to see the backs of the government controlled DISCOs and the incompetent staff! This coming the same month of number portability is sweet music to my ears!
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by billante(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
They haven't paid fully and you are talking about fully taking over! beside monday is not the 9th...today no be 9th?
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by thelastPope(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
billante: They haven't paid fully and you are talking about fully taking over! beside monday is not the 9th...today no be 9th?

There is a payment process. They don't have to pay fully to take over.

Sorry for the 9th date. My mistake. Monday is 11th. But a staff told me this. Just trying confirm it.
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by takedat(m): 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
thelastPope:

There is a payment process. They don't have to pay fully to take over.

Sorry for the 9th date. My mistake. Monday is 11th. But a staff told me this. Just trying confirm it.
Why not wait for an official confirmation bro, we all are patiently awaiting for the take-over! They are expected to take over between June and July!

www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/complete-business-package/51488-new-owners-to-take-over-phcn-successor-firms-next-year
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by thelastPope(m): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
take dat: Why not wait for an official confirmation bro, we all are patiently awaiting for the take-over! They are expected to take over between June and July!

www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/complete-business-package/51488-new-owners-to-take-over-phcn-successor-firms-next-year

Noooooo! Haba! That news is not very correct. They are to pay the 25% two weeks after signing the agreement which is why I think they are taking over this week. Then they have a 3 month window to pay the 75%. but I think they are supposed to start setting up their structures from now. There is a lot to do. They will employ some new staff, do a lot of management and technical training, do a lot of evaluation of facilities on the ground, open new offices, etc. And they will have to weed some nicompoops out too! So yes, their impact will not be really felt till at least 2 to 3 months time. But am just excited its happening. These PHCN guys annoy me to my bones. Imagine one of them telling me they can't fix a fault in my area until the power goes off and am like, in 2013? Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by takedat(m): 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
thelastPope:

Noooooo! Haba! That news is not very correct. They are to pay the 25% two weeks after signing the agreement which is why I think they are taking over this week. Then they have a 3 month window to pay the 75%. but I think they are supposed to start setting up their structures from now. There is a lot to do. They will employ some new staff, do a lot of management and technical training, do a lot of evaluation of facilities on the ground, open new offices, etc. And they will have to weed some nicompoops out too! So yes, their impact will not be really felt till at least 2 to 3 months time. But am just excited its happening. These PHCN guys annoy me to my bones. Imagine one of them telling me they can't fix a fault in my area until the power goes of and am like, in 2013? Pathetic!
No bro! The outstanding 75% is to be paid within six months after signing the sale and purchase agreement! I wonder how reliable is the source/staff that gave you a wrong date?
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/phcn-privatisation-fg-receives-335m-bank-guarantees/131548/
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by Ngwakwe: 12:34am On Mar 10, 2013
This thread's title is ambiguous

Why not tell us what DISCOS means?

Is it Distribution Companies in charge of Electrical Power Supply or Party at which people dance to pop music?

1 Like

Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by thelastPope(m): 8:41am On Mar 10, 2013
take dat: No bro! The outstanding 75% is to be paid within six months after signing the sale and purchase agreement! I wonder how reliable is the source/staff that gave you a wrong date?
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/phcn-privatisation-fg-receives-335m-bank-guarantees/131548/

Hear it from the horses mouth:

"Chairman of the technical
committee of the NCP, Mr.
Atedo Peterside said the
successor companies are
expected to within 15
business days after the
signing of the sale and
purchase agreement or the
shareholder’s agreement,
whichever is earlier, make
down payment of 25 percent
of the share purchase price
while they are also required
to pay the outstanding 75
percent the share purchase
price withing 90 days.
In his remarks, the Acting
Director General of the
Bureau for Public Enterprises
BPE, Mr. Benjamin Dikki
revealed that all the
successor companies would
meet with the bureau to
finalize arrangement that
gives them comfort without
their taking over before full
payment."

Link to full article below:

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/phcn-fg-signs-agreement-with-succession-companies/
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by thelastPope(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: This thread's title is ambiguous

Is it Distribution Companies in charge of Electrical Power Supply or Party at which people dance to pop music?

No be only party wey dem dey dance. Na owanbe wey dem dey eat amala and ewedu join! You dey see us dey talk about NEPA, you still dey ask quesion! You no serious! Mtsheew!
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: This thread's title is ambiguous

Me ma I don dey wonder since o, wch kain DISCOs dis people dey dance now grin na frm ur post I come get d gist DISCOs = Distribution Company(s). I may be wrng though!
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2013
Re: New Power DISCOs To Take Over March 11th? by Boss13: 11:29am On Mar 10, 2013
I hope so oh. Is that we for 24 hours we don't have light? PHCN abi na NEPA MUST GO

(1) (Reply)

NYSC ALLOWEE Has Been Increased To N38,500. (via @9jaheadlines / Happy 60th Birthday To Governor Adams Oshiomohole / Gov. Amaechi Embarrass Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.