Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Market Views - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Market Views (4598 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Website For Analysing The Nigerian Stock Market? / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2008
having trouble uploading pictorials
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2008
aktopgun:

having trouble uploading pictorials

@ijogbon et omoba

got a pictorial on mobil but having trouble uploading it. are u having any joy uploading today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by LondonCool(m): 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2008
Who were the culprits? Shouldnt they have been banned instead of the tread being removed without it being archived or locked?
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2008
LondonCool:

Who were the culprits? Shouldnt they have been banned instead of the tread being removed without it being archived or locked?

u read our minds i think. i had hoped seun would have acted sooner to stop all the blood letting before it got out of hand.

as per the culprits, well, just think of the usual suspects undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ londoncool

pls liik at NEM and tell me what u think. there's a head and shoulders pattern in there and the target fall is roughly around N4.15. with the gravestone doji done on thursday i suspect a rise in price actually. sorry still cant upload pictures

what say u?
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by poke(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Topgun

we are here again lets continue
Baba i wan be your student
this your macd and chickine candle chart
i wan know how to use it
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2008
poke:

@Topgun

we are here again lets continue
Baba i wan be your student
this your macd and chickine candle chart
i wan know how to use it

poke wassup man. i hope u are having a Jesus-filled easter.

listen dear friend, i will share what i see on the charts

which one be baba!!! i never old reach dat one o!
ha, baba ke? no call me name when no be my own!! cheesy cheesy. i no wan die young abeg. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2008
anyone noticed the google adverts on candlesticj charting on the top of this page?

seems some people are watching and want to tap into this cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by LondonCool(m): 1:36pm On Mar 24, 2008
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by invisible2(m): 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2008
aktopgun:

@ londoncool

please liik at NEM and tell me what u think. there's a head and shoulders pattern in there and the target fall is roughly around N4.15. with the gravestone doji done on thursday i suspect a rise in price actually. sorry still can't upload pictures

what say u?

My man topgun, do I take it we are nearing a bottom on NEM? cause I will pounce if you give me a positive confirmation. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2008
LondonCool:

I have just checked out the Stock Tips thread and did not see any recent spat. I guess the clampdown must have been due to the previous 'rantings' and trading of insults that took place 1 to 3 weeks ago. The clampdown is too late and unwarranted. The insultson the Sex and Romance forum are nothing comparable.

@Princesege,

I usually buy my books from Amazon.co.uk and from Books,etc bookshop (@the Croydon shopping centre)

seun has deleted them. u should have seen the rants over the last weekend, not cool at all! one can only hope he will return the thread but if not we will continue here and hope he will react quicker should such occur here as well
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by LondonCool(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2008
.more blood shedding
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2008
invisible!:

My man topgun, do I take it we are nearing a bottom on NEM? cause I will pounce if you give me a positive confirmation. cheesy

cheesy cheesy. u see, bottoma are a process and not an event. well now that u've asked, i suspect it will rise in price

do u need caveats invisible man? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by invisible2(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2008
LondonCool:

I have just checked out the Stock Tips thread and did not see any recent spat. I guess the clampdown must have been due to the previous 'rantings' and trading of insults that took place 1 to 3 weeks ago. The clampdown is too late and unwarranted. The insultson the Sex and Romance forum are nothing comparable.

@Princesege,

I usually buy my books from Amazon.co.uk and from Books,etc bookshop (@the Croydon shopping centre)

Sorry if you missed that ruckus, it was a free for all showdown!, all deleted of couse.

Back to business.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by invisible2(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2008
aktopgun:

cheesy cheesy. u see, bottoma are a process and not an event. well now that u've asked, i suspect it will rise in price

do u need caveats invisible man? cheesy

My man topgun, I have already observed all the colors of caveats grin

Seriously I dont need caveats at all.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2008
LondonCool:

@Aktopgun,

What makes you suggest a price rise ? Did you check any imminent trend reversal? I thought it was in a free fall for more blood shedding

2 things- the head and shoulders pattern formed during the month of feb which has now virtually reached its target bottom and the gravestone doji on thurs last week.

i suspect a rise/stabilization quite soon, maybe even tomorrow. but i have been wrong before cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by easimoni(m): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2008
egoldman:

Easimoni why do have these views about this two companies ?

Egoldman, Longest time.
UBA has just about the best fundamentals in the banking sector + the price has dropped ~N3 lately. Diamond's FY is next month so it must rise. the guy was asking mainly to preserve capital. V little upside with those 2, but also lil or no downside.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by kingdong(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2008
i hail una for here o. i always pick free tips here some of which have paid off and i just thot it fit too acknowledge yur good works AK DA TOPGUN and the crew. beta late than never. sad but good thing that we have to start on a new thread as the swords knives and broken bottles flying prior had gotten so out of hand something just might have flown right out of yur lappie come wound person.
hope yu all enjoy da last day of the hols.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2008
easimoni:

Egoldman, Longest time.
UBA has just about the best fundamentals in the banking sector + the price has dropped ~N3 lately. Diamond's FY is next month so it must rise. the guy was asking mainly to preserve capital. V little upside with those 2, but also little or no downside.

easi,

i holla.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by Omoba3(m): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2008
Houston we have a problem!!!

Seun has reduced the size of the pic files we are able to upload. Max size allowed is 200kb!! shocked cry

This means we can't upload files guys. I just tried using the smallest pic size at Nigerian Securities. No Joy! The smallest size is 540kb. May be someone can find a way to make the file size smaller but still big enough for viewing?

In retropect, Seun's cost must have increased since we strated using charts. Hence he isn't saying we can't upload pics, but they can't be bigger than 200kb.

If we can't use pics here, we might be better of using SMN, where we can upload files. Unless Seun increases the file upload size. sad undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by easimoni(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2008
Omoba3,

try saving your pics as a "GIF" file if you have a photo editor or power point. It really shrinks the file size. Most GIFs from Nig Sec will run around 75kb
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2008
@easi.

unfortunately that doesnt work either.

it keeps giving the message "the upload folder is full"

any other suggestions?
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by Omoba3(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2008
easimoni:

Omoba3,

try saving your pics as a "GIF" file if you have a photo editor or power point. It really shrinks the file size. Most GIFs from Nig Sec will run around 75kb

Thanks Easi, I did save previous files as gif, could you do a trial run with Mobil? Togun has been trying to upload that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by easimoni(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2008
AKT,
You are right, just tried a 62kb pic for Mobil and it would not load.

I give up. Make we go SMN for a while.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2008
@easi
does SMN have a general forum where we can talk cuz last i checked we still had to click on individual stocks to talk on them. undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by Omoba3(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2008
Omoba3:

Thanks Easi, I did save previous files as gif, could you do a trial run with Mobil? Togun has been trying to upload that.

I concore!

aktopgun:

@easi
does SMN have a general forum where we can talk because last i checked we still had to click on individual stocks to talk on them. undecided undecided

We started one during last shut down, here's the link: http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/nigerian-stock-exchange/770-nigerian-stock-market-tips-10.html#post13991
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by easimoni(m): 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2008
aktopgun:

@easi
does SMN have a general forum where we can talk because last i checked we still had to click on individual stocks to talk on them. undecided undecided

That is still the (unfortunate) case. There was a thread started for us when Seun shut us down in Dec. Can't seemt to find that thread. SMN's style spoils the "flow" and one is always clicking all over the place to get up to speed.

But wetin we go do na?
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by andico34: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2008
@aktopgun
Happy to be back!
In relation to the previous discussion. The mbenefit base formation is a pan with a handle or "saucer with a handle" Why?

Pan with a handle formations are shallower in terms of the depth of its correction.

Minimum length of the base of a pan with a handle is usually more than 3 months, Mbenefit base about year long

A cup with a handle base does not exceed more than 2 months and the depth of the cup is steeper(e.g utc cup formation)- according to williams o neil- the authority on cup/pan formations
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by Omoba3(m): 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2008
easimoni:

That is still the (unfortunate) case. There was a thread started for us when Seun shut us down in Dec. Can't seemt to find that thread. SMN's style spoils the "flow" and one is always clicking all over the place to get up to speed.

But wetin we go do na?

Easi see link above
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2008
andico34:

@aktopgun
Happy to be back!
In relation to the previous discussion. The mbenefit base formation is a pan with a handle or "saucer with a handle" Why?

Pan with a handle formations are shallower in terms of the depth of its correction.

Minimum length of the base of a pan with a handle is usually more than 3 months, Mbenefit base about year long

A cup with a handle base does not exceed more than 2 months and the depth of the cup is steeper(e.g utc cup formation)- according to williams o neil- the authority on cup/pan formations

i have been trying to post the picture correction here man but no luck. u are right on the MBENEFIT. i rechecked it yesterday too.
nice one.

take a look at Mobil and tell me what u think and NEM pls

will be waiting man.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by andico34: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2008
I have not seen the pics on Nem and Mobil. By the way I am a technofundamentalist grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Views by aktopgun(m): 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2008
andico34:

I have not seen the pics on Nem and Mobil. By the way I am a technofundamentalist grin grin

cheesy cheesy
welcome to the club mate. i am a fundamental technocrat.

looka t their charts and tell me what u think. u'll find my thots on them above

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Thousands Of Naira With An Investment Of N500 / Loan From Boi Nigeria / Disclaimer! Nairaland Does Not Have Any Investment Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.