Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Let Your Life Spread Gospel – Your Words Amount To Nothing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Your Life Spread Gospel – Your Words Amount To Nothing (463 Views)

White Demon Worshippers Trying To Spread Ebola Using Witchcraft / T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola / Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Your Life Spread Gospel – Your Words Amount To Nothing by Zinosalexander(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
There are three topics that I try to avoid by all means and unfortunately – religion, politics and sports. Most people do not like to reason with their head when it comes to these topics and as such I tend to say as quiet as I can. I just can’t hold this in anymore, I have to say something or I will explode

There are a lot of reasons why I am not religious and one of them is that religion is so hard and i prefer to do what feels right and makes me happy.

Some people just have the urge to put up a charade.

This morning before a pastor (my neighbor) came to invite me to his church, in a friendly usual “I am a Christian and I am not judging you but you are going to burn in hell” way. In order to get him off my back I said I was going to attend his church.

Ten minutes later, I saw him quarreling with an elderly man, because the elderly man punished his son. He kept threatening the old man and the way he was talking was disrespectful and I did not like him.

Ten minutes later, he all dressed up and going to church obviously, to preach to a congregation about peace, love and whatever it is that he wants to use to collect their money in the form of offering.

I do not even want to go into the pastors that are on the news for one atrocity or another

This is a norm among most religious people in Nigeria today. One minute you are preaching peace and the next you are blowing up a church (I did not call names), one minute you are in praying in church and the next you are having s*x, one minute you are reading your reading your holy book and the next you are giving/taking bribe.

If you want to spread the good news of your religion, the best way to do so is to show the impact it has on your life and how it is makes you see the world and how it makes you relate with your fellow brothers and sisters.

No one is perfect, I admit but the hypocrisy is too much. Needless to say, if you can’t practice a religion, shut the f*ck up

(1) (Reply)

Reconciled / Homosexualism Is Criminal / What Do You Call GOD In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.