Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris (10971 Views)

Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi Predicts Glorious 2015 / Deeper Life Pastor Abakporo Nabbed By FBI For Conning An Elderly Woman / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2011
Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! (James 3:3-5).

A rudder is a small piece or structure of wood or metal attached upright to the stern of a boat or ship that sets it on course to a desired direction. The captain uses it to direct the ship wherever he wants.

The Apostle James in our opening scripture likened the tongue to the rudder of a great ship. Though so little, the tongue can accomplish anything – good or bad:

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” (.

The life you have today is the result of your tongue-work; everything you’ve been saying. Your words direct the course of your destiny, positively or otherwise; never forget that.

The Bible says

James 3:2)
For in many ways we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body” (.

Your tongue is the tool by which you chart your course in life. This means you actually have the control over your life through your tongue; you can determine the quality of life you live here on earth. This is the reason you shouldn’t talk poverty, defeat, sickness or death; rather, talk prosperity, victory, success, health and life, and that’s what you’ll have in your life.

Steer “your ship” – your life – in the direction of God’s destiny for you, with your tongue. Make a choice to speak the right words about yourself, and you’ll have a glorious and successful life.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Proverbs 6:2
Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

This is the reason you shouldn’t talk poverty, defeat, sickness or death; rather, talk prosperity, victory, success, health and life, and that’s what you’ll have in your life.

Joagbaje:

Your tongue is the tool by which you chart your course in life.

Joagbaje:

Steer “your ship” – your life – in the direction of God’s destiny for you, with your tongue.

If i can 'hammer' with my tongue, why then do i need to pay or sow into the pastor
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by dare2think: 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
death is inevitable---whether you talk about it or not.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by bicici: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2011
Just like a farmer will plant a seed in the ground then wait for the rain to repenish his seed before thinking of havest.Sowing into a church must be accompany with water(Jn 15:3,Eph 5:26) of good words from our mouth to produce good havest.Pay your tithe correctly if you don't speak correctly you hinder your havest.'I cannot be poor'is the Language of a person expecting havest of Finacial lifting after sowing into the kingdom soil.'Words' are refer to as water(Eph 5:26) meant to be release on our seed for better havest.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2011
bicici, where have you been?
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 06, 2011
bicici:

Just like a farmer will plant a seed in the ground then wait for the rain to repenish his seed before thinking of havest.Sowing into a church must be accompany with water(Jn 15:3,Eph 5:26) of good words from our mouth to produce good havest.Pay your tithe correctly if you don't speak correctly you hinder your havest.'I cannot be poor'is the Language of a person expecting havest of Finacial lifting after sowing into the kingdom soil.'Words' are refer to as water(Eph 5:26) meant to be release on our seed for better havest.

Oh yeah, its all about harvest , reap 100 fold ! Wow !!
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by yommyuk: 4:29am On Jun 07, 2011
Steer “your ship” – your life – in the direction of God’s destiny for you, with your tongue. Make a choice to speak the right words about yourself, and you’ll have a glorious and successful life.

I see nothing wrong with the above statement.

God bless u, Jo wink
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by nuclearboy(m): 6:11am On Jun 07, 2011
Are lying, boasting and claiming same status with Christ part of this "glorious and successful life"?

BTW, If there is "destiny", why praise yourself for "making impact" or insult others for having "poverty mentality" since it was "destined"?
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2011
Great thread.

A man's life is not different from his thoughts and his words are from his mind-set(thoughts) which controls his life. Thats bc thoughts and words forms a lifestyle which determines how you live your life on earth,weda you will fuilfill your destiny or not starts from your words.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by bicici: 11:58am On Jun 07, 2011
If no one inspire you,you'd soon expire.I've been looking for a thread where 'Iron could sharpens Iron' no assault or insult but purely edifying.I perceive this is one of them.God bless you brother Joagbaje.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by apoti(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2011
nuclearboy:

Are lying, boasting and claiming same status with Christ part of this "glorious and successful life"?

BTW, If there is "destiny", why praise yourself for "making impact" or insult others for having "poverty mentality" since it was "destined"?

no one was destined to fail or to be poor  undecided
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
bicici:

If no one inspire you,you'd soon expire.I've been looking for a thread where 'Iron could sharpens Iron' no assault or insult but purely edifying.I perceive this is one of them.God bless you brother Joagbaje.

You and your nose,
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by kabukabu50(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
You can't escape religous nazis even on nairaland angry angryWhy is this on the front page?
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by biilwwu(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2011
dare2think:

death is inevitable---whether you talk about it or not.
How long you are going to live on earth will be determined by how you are living ur life and what u are saying with ur mouth.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Orikinla(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
YOU ARE RIGHT.

My life is a living testimony that words are potent enough to dictate one's life.

Everything I have sincerely decreed and declared has come to pass.
The most recent is the Eko International Film Festival in Lagos, Nigeria.
When I said I was going to create and launch it, a popular member of Nairaland said anybody who believed me should be shot. But she is eating her words today as Eko International Film Festival is a REALITY and supported by the Silverbird Group with the promotion of the second edition going on on Silverbird TV and Rhythm 93. 7 FM daily seen and heard by millions of people.

The first edition was held at the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas at the Palms in Lekki, Lagos, and the second edition is coming up at the Silverbird Galleria on Victoria Island.

But to make your words work for you, you must act positively on them.

[size=28pt]"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."
- Our Lord Jesus Christ in Luke 6:45

"But words are things, and a small drop of ink,
Falling like dew, upon a thought, produces
That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think."
- George Gordon Byron [/size]
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Roland17(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
pastor b4 i open the thread, i know say na your post, all the same thank you for always reminding us of God, you are well appreciated.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by sleekymag(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
This should give us more reason to say great things about our country Nigeria. If there's anything we love doing, particularly on Nairaland, it is to badmouth our fatherland, our leaders etc. I think we need to change for the better.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by MaiSuya(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
preach it on pastor! cheesy
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by FlyboyZee: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
sleekymag:

This should give us more reason to say great things about our country Nigeria. If there's anything we love doing, particularly on Nairaland, it is to badmouth our fatherland, our leaders etc. I think we need to change for the better.

The Bible itself made it clear that the power of life and death is in the Tongue. But, we should remember that even Christ himself confessed that " Lord, if it is possible let this cup pass away, ". He confessed with his tongue, when he realised that it is inevitable for him to die. In Nigeria (including Nairaland), we will always ask for things to happen differently even when we know that what we are wishing, hoping and praying against is inevitable, Lyk Bankole going to the EFCC.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by FlyboyZee: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
sleekymag:

The Bible itself made it clear that the power of life and death is in the Tongue. But, we should remember that even Christ himself confessed that " Lord, if it is possible let this cup pass away, ". He confessed with his tongue, when he realised that it is inevitable for him to die. In Nigeria (including Nairaland), we will always ask for things to happen differently even when we know that what we are wishing, hoping and praying against is inevitable, Lyk Bankole going to the EFCC.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by saintohia: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2011
Different scenarios.

Saying I want 2 have or I'll have Land Rove HSE, be a millionaire this yr & I'll make heaven wldn't happen if you don't "believe" which is having faith it wld happen &, "working" for it. Heaven had never helped anybody who didn't help himself. Now depending on what they call luck which makes God's grace or favour seems 2 manifest or given to some ppl more than others wld in the long run detremine how u wld get these stuffs I mentioned earlier: i.e.

God could make someone dash me the Land Rover HSE, I cld win a lottery to become a millionaire. etc, here only faith "believe" & luck "God's grace & favour" made what I proclaimed with my mouth a reality.

1st Question: What about the other guy who may even have more faith "believe" & also stated with his mouth he wanted those stuffs & nothing happened?

2nd question:  Do you need a pastor 2 make these things happen? or must u , wink,
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
Does it mean those who are dumb can't ever be successful?
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by dkelvin225: 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
How long you are going to live on earth will be determined by how you are living your life and what u are saying with your mouth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so a month old child that dies does not live long as a result with of wat he says with his mouth
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2011
@dkelvin225:
i hope say u no be multiple id, na so u 1 start cheesy
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by chibaby5(f): 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
True! From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. There IS power in spoken words
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
bicici:

Bicici, thanks for being a great inspiration too. I enjoy your thread on names.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by enyojo(f): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
[center]YOUR WORDS CONTROL YOUR LIFE
                      I
YOUR THOUGHTS CONTROL YOUR WORDS/ACTIONS
                      I
    YOUR WILL CONTROL YOUR THOUGHTS.

IF YOU ALLOW GOD TO CONTROL YOUR WILL (I.E IF YOU ARE SUBMISSIVE TO GOD) THEN YOUR WILL, THOUGHTS, WORDS AND ACTIONS WILL BE CONTROLLED BY GOD WHO KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU OUGHT TO BE.
[/center]
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by SisiKill1: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
I'm sorry but I don't get this power of the tongue crapola. Many things have happened to people which were never professed by the tongue, thought of or even imagined. . . So why did it happen?? 

dkelvin225:

so a month old child that dies does not live long as a result with of wat he says with his mouth

Or a baby that didn't get the chance to be born at all. . . what could he have confessed with his mouth or maybe it was his thoughts seeing as he can't talk yet. Oh I know! it was probably his actions, yeah the little dude kicked his mom once too many times that's why he didn't get to live at all.

This is a very good question and I hope the OP finds time to address it.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Sisi_Kill
Sisi_Kill:

I'm sorry but I don't get this power of the tongue crapola. Many things have happened to people which were never professed by the tongue, thought of or even imagined. . . So why did it happen?? 

It happened because the mouth was not used to prevent it. Apart from the fact that the mouth can be used to launch us into success , it is also used to prevent evil. Such evil could have been prevented by constant confessions of good things .
We should also refrain from speaking evil and curses upon ourselves. E.g. "I'm finished " I don die.

1 Peter 3:10
10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Or a baby that didn't get the chance to be born at all. . . what could he have confessed with his mouth or maybe it was his thoughts seeing as he can't talk yet. Oh I know! it was probably his actions, yeah the little dude kicked his mom once too many times that's why he didn't get to live at all.

This is a very good question and I hope the OP finds time to address it.

A baby in the womb and a young child has not reach the age of accountability yet . So they can't be hheld responsible for their life. The parents have the responsibility to speak over their lives until they reach the age of accountability where they can expresss them selves and be held accountable for their words and action. The faith of the parents sanctifies them for the time being.

1 Corinthians 7:14
14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy
.but now are they holy.
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Limaoscar: 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2011
Great message, and Good Job. I'm coming back to exegete some of the text you quoted. At least we have something "clean" going on here aside from the very few detractors/distractors smiley
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2011
I would rather be mute and work, if wishes were horses, all men would ride.

It's good to speak, but comments like this
Joagbaje:

It happened because the mouth was not used to prevent it. Apart from the fact that the mouth can be used to launch us into success , it is also used to prevent evil. Such evil could have been prevented by constant confessions of good things .
bring up a lot of confusion.

Should people live in fear? No matter how many good words you speak into your life, evil things, unexpected things are bound to happen. Most people do not expect evil, subconsciously or consciously (unless you're a pessimist, which is another story) but the truth is it will happen.

In times of trouble, hold on to God's word

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid? (NIV)

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (NIV)

Psalm 27
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock. (NIV)

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (NIV)

Psalm 34:7-9
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Philippians 4
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
Re: Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris by SisiKill1: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

@Sisi_Kill
We should also refrain from speaking evil and curses upon ourselves. E.g. "I'm finished " I don die.

Why on earth should one pray to prevent something one does not even think about? I'm not going out there thinking I'm going to get in an accident, which if I did think would call for me to say a preventive prayer. In my every day going and coming I take solace in the word of God that he's guide and order my steps. . .I believe this, I believe him so why would I go around praying to prevent something I don't even think about? I mean doesn’t the whole Preventive prayer thingy just perpetuate fear and isn’t that contrary to the bible verse that says God has not given us the spirit of fear.

1 Peter 3:10
10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

A baby in the womb and a young child has not reach the age of accountability yet . So they can't be hheld responsible for their life. The parents have the responsibility to speak over their lives until they reach the age of accountability where they can expresss them selves and be held accountable for their words and action. The faith of the parents sanctifies them for the time being.
1 Corinthians 7:14
14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy
.but now are they holy.
So if they still die. . .does that mean the parent's faith wasn't enough to santify them, despite the fact that the parent already has thoughts of them being born, growing up and becoming someone great, proclaimed with her mouth that it shall be well it her child because she's drawn strength on the word of God that says Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you. Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act and also believes that He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. In addition to that, she's taken several steps to ensure that it will be well with her child. These aren't the actions of a mother who doesn't have faith. . . so what do we say happened then?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments / What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? / Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.