Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Got Problem With Creating A Tournament Fixture - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Got Problem With Creating A Tournament Fixture (1151 Views)

Arsenal Vs Cardiff City (new Year Day Epl Fixture) / Van Persie, Kagawa Both Fit For Wigan Fixture / Real Madrid's Fixture For The Year 2009/2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Got Problem With Creating A Tournament Fixture by akay47(m): 5:47pm On May 06, 2006
Hi fellows, I am trapped in a closet here!!! I am organising a tournament in my home town as part of my contribution to youth empowernment but have a little problem with my fixtures. 21 teams registered and i am drawing a chart for double-elimination tournament; i am finding it difficult to fix the 21st eam as a bye-team. please, anyone help me with a step-by-step clue to how to creating the fixture. Thanks y'all!
Re: Got Problem With Creating A Tournament Fixture by mochafella(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2006
akay47:

21 teams registered and i am drawing a chart for double-elimination tournament; i am finding it difficult to fix the 21st eam as a bye-team.

What do you mean double-elimination?

I'm assuming that means two knock-out rounds before the final. That means you need 8 teams out of 21. You can try 7 groups of 3 teams each, with the winner qualifying and the 21st team joining at the 1/4 final stage. Leaving you with 8 teams.

If you have problems picking the bye-team. Go for the defending champion if there is one or have a draw. chikena

(1) (Reply)

Stoke City Vs Liverpool [2 - 0] On Saturday 13th November 2010 / Chelsea Can Still Qualify Even With Juventus Drawing / Amazing Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And His Friend, Albert Fantrau (very Touching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.