Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog (7155 Views)

Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog / Finally A Loan Without Collateral That Guaranty Peace Of Mind. / Learn Cake Making ,decorating,smallchops,cookery in abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hello! I've just put up my blog, www.frostedbakeshopng..com. There, you'll learn some of my cake and bread recipes. I also offer some tutorials and how-tos. You can place your cake orders via the blog, and you can ask me questions relating to baking.
I also intend to lecture on the business side of cake decorating, things such as how to appear more professional, fair cake pricing, etc.
You can also find details of any classes I offer and YouTube videos as time goes on.

If I can, you can,

Deema.
www.frostedbakeshopng..com

Ps: pls, I have next to no knowledge about 'tushing' up my blog, but I hope to learn as I go along. Pls bear with the simplicity of my blog. Lol
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by acidtalk: 9:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
First of all change the name to something easy to remember.

Secondly damn the cost and get your own personal website / blog and watch people keep visiting it once you keep upsating it. Put up free E-Books for people to download for free initially abd then you can decide to start charging with time.

Be Unique don't follow the .com or other similar bloggers go for www.yourcompanyname.com to act as both your website and blog.

All the best.
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:50am On Mar 11, 2013
Hi @acidtalk, thanks for the advice. Frosted BakeShop is my business name, but it appears there's already one in the blogosphere, and on the web. I tried to google it, but it's being held by Go Daddy for someone (I hope I understood that right).

And the website thing is actually what I'm going for, I just wanted to see how it works first.

Please give me your email address, I need to further understand the e-book thing.

Thank u
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:31am On Mar 13, 2013
I've put up a new recipe. Check it out!
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
New blog post.
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
New tutorial up on www.frostedbakeshopng..com

1 Like

Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:21am On Apr 07, 2013
New blog post up on www.frostedbakeshopng..com. Enjoy!
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2013
Follow me on Twitter @Frostedng for info on sweet deals, freebies, and giveaways! www.frostedbakeshopng..com
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
New cookie recipe up on www.frostedbakeshopng..com
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:58am On Apr 22, 2013
New blog posts, cake, bread and cookie recipes up on www.frostedbakeshopng..com

1 Like

Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:04pm On May 23, 2013
this is the way I fill my cakes to ensure deliciousness in every bite http://frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/05/filling-and-trimming.html.
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 05, 2013
Am following your blog.
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks dear. I'm following yours too!
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
Still on. Entries close 28th July
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2013
I'm giving away a Mini Donut Maker to someone! To be eligible, you have to be a member of my food blog and be resident in Nigeria. Find details here www.frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/07/my-1st-giveaway.html?m=1
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hi everyone, entries to my giveaway close tomorrow. The winner will be announced on the 1st of August. Prize will be sent out immediately frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/07/my-1st-giveaway.html?m=1
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by eimuhb(f): 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
Y did uu delete the vanilla n chocolate cake recipe from ur blog?
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
eimuhb: Y did uu delete the vanilla n chocolate cake recipe from ur blog?

Hi, eimuhb, I did so cos the blog now focuses on healthier recipes, you get?. The recipes are below

To Die For Chocolate Cake

1 3/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup, brewed, hot coffee

Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two 8" pans (grease and flour, bake release or parchment paper). Sift flour and measure out 1 3/4 cups. To the flour, add baking soda, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Sift into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the sugar. Mix till combined (I used a wooden spoon) In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Pour buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients and beat just until smooth. Add coffee and mix just until incorporated. Divide batter evenly between the two pans. It will be runny, but don't worry, it is as it should be. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick stuck in the center of each cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cakes as desired.

Ps: This recipe doubles perfectly. Just double all the ingredients except the oil. I would use 3/4 cup of oil in the doubled version.

If I can, you can,

Deema.

Vanilla Cake (adapted from Kaboose)

2 cups sugar (I use 1 1/2 cups of sugar)
4 eggs (I use 3 eggs, because I find 4 makes it taste eggy)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil(please do not use groundnut oil, I found out the hard way)
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt

METHOD
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line two 9-inch round cake pans with baking paper, or grease and flour them.
In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the milk, oil, and vanilla into the sugar mix, beat well. Then pour the wet mix into the dry mix and beat for another minute, just until the batter is smooth and creamy. Don't over beat. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan(s).
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick poked into the center of the layer comes out. Loosen the sides of the cake from the pan with a thin knife, then turn out onto a rack and peel off the paper. Let cool completely before covering with frosting, if desired.

NOTE: Here, I would like to add something about cake pans. I find that the cake pans which are commonly available here are 4 inch-5 inch deep. I don't really like baking in them. Where I can, I use 2 inch deep pans, and bake in layers, and fill the cakes. If, however, you prefer using the really deep ones, please do so. The difference would be that you would use one pan, instead of two, and you would bake for longer at lower heat.

If I can, you can,

Deema

If there are others you would like, please let me know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
grin
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by eimuhb(f): 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Thank you.
Re: Finally! A Nigerian Cake Decorating Blog by naijacutee(f): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Thread locked at OP's request. Business no longer focuses on cake decorating.

(1)

Catering Training At Competitive Prices:pastry,cake Baking& Decor,african Dishes / Causes Of Stretch Marks And Natural Skincare Cure / Billboard Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.