Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos (12996 Views)

Protesting Drivers Block Okene-abuja Highway After Police Kill Conductor. / "Heart Attacks & Frustration Kill 7 Parents Of Chibok Girls" - Community Leader / Gunmen Kill 7 In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 11, 2013
Police kill 7 robbers in gun duel in Lagos
on MARCH 11, 2013 · in NEWS
12:58 am
Tweet
BY EVELYN USMAN
LAGOS—Fresh facts emerged yesterday, on the circumstances that led to the gun duel between a 13-man robbery gang and policemen from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad and Area ‘G’ command, Ogba, weekend, with seven of the robbery suspects shot during the encounter, said to have died.

Vanguard reliably gathered that the robbery suspects who were, 13 in number, came from OgunState and were heading to Ajao estate area of Lagos, where they intended to raid the Osolo branch of an old generation bank, Friday. While three of the robbery suspects constituted an advance party.

Vanguard gathered however that their mission, was rendered unaccomplished as the Lagos State Command, which was said to have got wind of their action, laid ambush for them at Abule-Egba, along the Lagos-Abeokuta expressway .

On sighting the policemen, the bandits moved  in two vehicles; a Toyota Sienna with number plate AKD 54 AG and Nissan Sunny car with number plate BT 914 APP, opened fire, thereby leading to a gun duel which lasted close to an hour.

They reportedly bowed to the superior fire power of the policemen who out-numbered them, thereby leading to the arrest of the suspected robbers.

Vanguard reliably gathered yesterday that seven  of the injured suspects had died as a result of the bullet wounds they sustained.

It could, however, not be ascertained whether any innocent person was hit during the cross fire, as motorists reportedly deserted the route while commuters took to their heels.

Five AK 47 riffles, five double barrel cut-to-size and a total of 535 live cartridges, according to spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, Ngozi Braide, were recovered at the end of the encounter.

Meantime, unknown to the Police, three suspected members of the gang were already positioned close to the bank, waiting for the arrival of their colleagues.

During the long wait, they reportedly overheard the encounter with policemen from a radio broadcast but could not ascertain if their colleagues were the robbers in question.

Police sources hinted that during interrogation, one of the arrested suspects disclosed the information to the operatives.

“When we were informed, we used the telephone number of one of the arrested suspects to contact their colleagues at Ajao, making him sound as if they were still on their way. They even told them they heard there was shoot-out at Abule-Egba and wanted to find out if it involved them”, sources said.

But when the operatives reportedly stormed Ajao area, the suspects who sensed danger, had reportedly fled the scene. They were, however, reportedly trailed to a hotel around the area, where one of them, a 48-year-old man whose identity was given simply given as Muftau, was arrested while his colleagues were said to have managed to escape.

During interrogation, Muftau reportedly disclosed that his fleeing colleagues had a rocket launcher, three AK 47 riffles and a total of 600 cartridges in their vehicle.

Identities of the other suspected robbers in Police net were given simply as Oluwaseyi, 27 and Kabiru 25.

Braide also confirmed the arrest of three suspected members of the gang, describing the suspects attempt as a foiled one, adding that efforts was still on to arrest other fleeing members.

Source: Vanguard

4 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 11, 2013
O ga gan ni o....
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 7:42am On Mar 11, 2013
Well what do you expect? I expect the ibos to have a feast on this one.
One good turn deserve another.
On a serious note, all tribes have good and bad people, its just the distrust that the leaders through propaganda has used that gives a group of people the idea about certain attributes peculiar to the other.
An ibo man and the yoruba man are both looking for what to eat and don't ideally have time for all these rant in real life. It is the jobless kids that have heard tales from poor, bitter and frustrated folks that would carry tribalism on their head like government work.

21 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by kelvincoll(m): 7:46am On Mar 11, 2013
Kudo to the NPF, continue this way and the public trust would be restored then ur budget can be increased too!

With all those ammunitions where the bandits preparinf for war? Get rich or die trying syndrome..... SMH

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by julimax(m): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2013
Good one. But one of them with rocket launcher? hmmm
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by jeron1(m): 7:51am On Mar 11, 2013
Naija...mayb the boiz no settle well...police go betray dem

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by vallycan: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2013
Gud job for d apprehension, at list u hav still prove dat aside from collectin an extortin our 20 an 5obuck u can still fight for oursakes:
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by bedford101(m): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2013
jeron1: Naija...mayb the boiz no settle well...police go betray dem
i de tell u
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by showwiggy: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2013
Thumbs up for our police,very nice one.
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by UnknownMember: 8:53am On Mar 11, 2013
This post has been deleted for containing obsene curse words and tribal slurs that are offensive to Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Napolitano(m): 8:55am On Mar 11, 2013
This is great news. Kudos to the brave policemen.
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 11, 2013
Rubish... U kill by d gun and die by the gun.. Na xo all those yeye police take dey die like fowl.. Boy dey hustle una dey block them... Cant u kill the big politician thieves? Abi dem must carry gun first.. Kill 'em all.
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by wazobiaforu(m): 8:59am On Mar 11, 2013
Its obvious that someone betrayed those robbers

Ak47 is like pure water in Nigeria now, i need one for my protection

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Tolexander: 8:59am On Mar 11, 2013
Nice work by the police force. How i wish they are consistent with this task of protecting the citizens!
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by ypzilanti: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2013
Ikpediarukevwe: Rubish... U kill by d gun and die by the gun.. Na xo all those yeye police take dey die like fowl.. Boy dey hustle una dey block them... Cant u kill the big politician thieves? Abi dem must carry gun first.. Kill 'em all.

We have an armed robber in Nairaland? If you wan hustle, go sell gala and pure water for traffic. Armed robbery is not 'hustling'.

13 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by igbsam(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2013
Men, it wasn't an easy thing o! I was there when it all went down o! Just like being in a war zone. I was caught in between. You need to see the whole scenerio. It happend that the policemen got an information of those robbers approaching that route with the kind of cars they are driving in and all that. The police team caused a massive traffic gridlock waiting for the robbers, allowing cars to to pass through bit by bit and there was a slow movement of vehicles. On sighting the car, the policemen positioned themselves battle ready, when the robbers sighted them, they opened fire and the police force responded....you need to see the way people scampered for safety, all of us run leave our cars. Come see fire to fire.....Believe me you, no innocent person was shot. Just some cars were hit with bullets. Those police men sure knows how to shoot to aim. They are damn good. They killed quite a number of those robbers, i saw close to 5 bodies of them. Grown up men o! This one no be youths, dem be men, as in men. Come see juju wey dem tie for waste, hand and even the ones wey dem tie for their gun. The juju wey those robbers carry too much, but e no save them. Some people had the courage to go take pictures of them and even video the whole thing, but the fear of stray bullet no let me get that liver to record am, i for make nairaland i-reporter of the year. Hope those who had the courage to video it would show us soon.

18 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by neksummi(m): 9:06am On Mar 11, 2013
Nice one there NPF! Maay God keep protecting you.
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by lawman2013: 9:06am On Mar 11, 2013
Ikpediarukevwe: Rubish... U kill by d gun and die by the gun.. Na xo all those yeye police take dey die like fowl.. Boy dey hustle una dey block them... Cant u kill the big politician thieves? Abi dem must carry gun first.. Kill 'em all.

what do u mean by that?

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by ba7man(m): 9:07am On Mar 11, 2013
You might insult me, argue and drop more comments to defend yourself but it won't change the fact that you're a Fooool.

4 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by wazobiaforu(m): 9:08am On Mar 11, 2013

Who is this? And how old are you?

You called ROBERRY hustle? Nononono grow up and know what they call HUSTLE in Naija

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by 5alive(m): 9:11am On Mar 11, 2013
igbsam: Men, it wasn't an easy thing o! I was there when it all went down o! Just like being in a war zone. I was caught in between. You need to see the whole scenerio. It happend that the policemen got an information of those robbers approaching that route with the kind of cars they are driving in and all that. The police team caused a massive traffic gridlock waiting for the robbers, allowing cars to to pass through bit by bit and there was a slow movement of vehicles. On sighting the car, the policemen positioned themselves battle ready, when the robbers sighted them, they opened fire and the police force responded....you need to see the way people scampered for safety, all of us run leave our cars. Come see fire to fire.....Believe me you, no innocent person was shot. Just some cars were hit with bullets. Those police men sure knows how to shoot to aim. They are damn good. They killed quite a number of those robbers, i saw close to 5 bodies of them. Grown up men o! This one no be youths, dem be men, as in men. Come see juju wey dem tie for waste, hand and even the ones wey dem tie for their gun. The juju wey those robbers carry too much, but e no save them. Some people had the courage to go take pictures of them and even video the whole thing, but the fear of straight bullet no let me get that liver to record am, i for make nairaland i-reporter of the year. Hope those who had the courage to video it would show us soon.
my guy i dey ther too. Con see d way i pose for their middle con they beg them to stop fightin. Infact it was hell of a scene.
Nija police don turn FBI

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by herquleez(m): 9:12am On Mar 11, 2013
Rocket launcher? Our own don finish for this country. With the prevailence of bombs in this coutry, we are in for some deep shit o. Those RPGs will ri apart any police armoured vehile; it's only a matter of time o
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by sammyyoung2(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2013
Action film......
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by herquleez(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2013
freedom@last:
It is so cool when the police act based on infomation. I witnessed policemen on sunday around chevron roundabout, stategically placed on the road as if they were ready for action. I saw them pull over a taxi and ask the passenger, who was carrying a bag, to come down. I saw them leading him away, but that was all I saw before my vehicle passed the spot.
so? undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Kaxmytex(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2013
The wages of sin iz [size=28pt]DEATH[/size]
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2013
They've got ample sharp shooters in NPF
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by UnknownMember: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2013
So the Nigerian Police got intel on these robbers and this was their best Ambush strategy?!

To mount a Roadblock that puts a lot more people in Danger?!

Na wah o!!

And despite the heads up, they couldnt even capture all of them or kill all of them, some still got away.

I'm not impressed.

Strategy was poor.. Execution was good
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2013
[.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 11, 2013
Unknown Member: So the Nigerian Police got intel on these robbers and this was their best Ambush strategy?!

To mount a Roadblock that puts a lot more people in Danger?!

Na wah o!!

And despite the heads up, they couldnt even capture all of them or kill all of them, some still got away.

I'm not impressed.

Strategy was poor.. Execution was good
I know an he-goat will come here to complain...you be FBI lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by rackeal(f): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2013
Naija police hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos by nnenna311: 9:21am On Mar 11, 2013
straight "stray bullet"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shehu Sani, 14 APC Aspirants Reject Indirect Primaries In Kaduna / Arewa Forum: Producing President In 2023 Not Exclusive Right Of South / Cp Abiodun Alabi Visits Nscdc Lagos Commandant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.