Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Amaechi Names College After Yobo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Names College After Yobo (13038 Views)

Senator Ita-giwa At Adaeze Yobo's Birthday Party / Joseph Yobo Mocks Buhari In A New Article: Between GEJ And GMB, Who Is Fitter? / Fans Blast Joseph Yobo On Twitter For Supporting Jonathan Via His Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Names College After Yobo by olokfor: 9:47am On Jul 03, 2013
RIVERS State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, has named a street and a N4.3bn football college after Super Eagles captain and Fenerbahce defender, Joseph Yobo.

Amaechi named the street leading to Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state after Yobo to honour the Eagles star for leading the national team to victorious outing at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

He spoke during a state banquet in honour of the footballer at the Government House in Port Harcourt on Saturday.

He said, “We are very proud of you (Yobo) because you played well and havedone well for the country; I congratulate you and your wife and I wish you all the best.

“I am building a football college worth N4.3bn, which we shall name after you and we shall deliver it before we leave office. So it will be called Joseph Yobo Football College. The street leading to the new stadium in the new city will be renamed Joseph Yobo Road.”

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/amaechi-names-n4-3bn-college-after-joseph-yobo/

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 03, 2013
Nice 1 despite our grudges with him(Amaechi).
Spot on gov'r.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by ijawcitizen(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2013
Oga governor, why haven't you named anything after Taribo West-the super eagle all-time best defender. gringrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
He deserves it. Well done, Gov Amaechi.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Dibangoking(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
Okay
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by adconline(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
another avenue to chop money
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by adeyak83(m): 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
Good for him
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga governor, why haven't you named anything after Taribo West-the super eagle all-time best defender. gringrin grin grin

Who dash Taribo west d award as best all time defender of Super Eagles? is he better than chidi nwanu or Gentle giant himself (Uche Okechukwu)? undecided

I dey sure say u were still a toddler during Tunisia 94 dats why u no go value those defenders tongue

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Jhulyan(m): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
adconline: another avenue to chop money
must u comment??

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Fenomenom(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
Yobo when nor good na im u dey name college and road after...abeg make we hear word
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Chillypelly(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
I pray Rotimi delivers all ongoing projects before the expiration of his tenure. Such projects as new 100,000 capacity university, the monorail project, the greater port harcourt ringroad with 2 cable-stay bridges, the m1 highway comprising 10 lanes, the 15 floors hospital, the model schools, the unity roads and a whole lot of them should be funded to completion to add to the glory of the niger-delta.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by chei: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
Finidi George and Taribo West were both better players. Anyway sha, thats his choice and congrats to Yobo.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by 5much(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
nice move, mr Gov
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by alexy147(m): 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nice on..A well deserved honour though Yobo's services is no longer needed in Super Eagles
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by OmniSparrow: 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
Abeg change uniport to joseph obo institute of learning if u like, so long price of alomo no change.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by nijanigga: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
At least this is better than Akpabio splashing money on a celebrity's wedding.Who knows if delivered,maybe more Yobo's will graduate from the college to make Nigeria proud.The celebrity may have wasted those gifts in partying and eating,or wasted just for himself.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by supaeagles(m): 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Interesting - and to think that Mr. Yobo hardly had a meaningful contribution in the nations cup victory ... maybe this is in recognition for all his previous contributions.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by AbuMikey(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nice one Mr. Governor
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by jkross(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
After Ken sarowiwa yobo is the next big thing from the ogoni kingdom lwkmd..Amechi is only trying to patronise the ogoni people

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
4.3 billion naira football college? Are the college's buildings made of Gold or what? undecided
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by chei: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
ekwah: 4.3 billion naira football college? Are the college's buildings made of Gold or what? undecided

The idea of a government owned and run football college is strange enough. But this is Nigeria, anything goes.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Ayomax(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
how many games did Yobo played or wht was his significant contribution to the team during the nations cup. i can bet my life Nigeria would not have won the cup if Yobo played 90mins at the group stage level.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Inoknowbook: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
olokfor:

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/amaechi-names-n4-3bn-college-after-joseph-yobo/

Another avenue for embezzlement. Wetin go dey inside the football college wey go make am cost N4.6b. Besides, what's the importance of a football college in the present day Rivers State where there is hunger and deprivation? Nigerian governors have excessive power and they have not been able to set their priorities right.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by dangiwa09(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
N4.3Bn could build and subsidize a world-class Trade Technical College that could offer a 2-year technical training diploma in various technical trades. It could also build a world-class Hospital and diagnostics center, with satellite clinics in all the senatorial zones in Rivers State. But I guess a football college named after Yobo is the best idea the governor can come up with to gulp N4.3Bn. Morons in government!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Acecube(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Great development i must say but the reason is not well placed instead of saying for ''his contribution to 2013 afcon glory''... He should have said for the role he has played for about a decade in the National team, hence you're rewarding hardwork and patriotism.
Nice one, although #4.3 bn is another matter on it's own abi na maracana or wembley he wan build ?
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by gentlegg(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
My eyes are itching me, please somebody help me pronounce what is written there ; 4.3bbilllllio... or 4.3million naira.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
dangiwa09: [size=16pt]N4.3Bn could build and subsidize a world-class Trade Technical College that could offer a 2-year technical training diploma in various technical trades.[/size] It could also build a world-class Hospital and diagnostics center, with satellite clinics in all the senatorial zones in Rivers State. But I guess a football college named after Yobo is the best idea the governor can come up with to gulp N4.3Bn. Morons in government!

My brother you have said it all.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by SlyIg(f): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
nothing wey this people do wey good for your eyes!
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by kingthreat(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
Taribo is from Rivers state and deserves that honor more. Wrong decision.
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by brownlord: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
What did u yobo do for this country that made this gov. Wont to name such a project after him? Very soon another ogogoro governor would name one project after Ideye or Kaita, btw, wetin dem won use 4.3 billion do so?
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by ijawcitizen(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
wise_many2k:
Who dash Taribo west d award as best all time defender of Super Eagles? is he better than chidi nwanu or Gentle giant himself (Uche Okechukwu)? undecided

I dey sure say u were still a toddler during Tunisia 94 dats why u no go value those defenders tongue

chei: Finidi George and Taribo West were both better players. Anyway sha, thats his choice and congrats to Yobo.
..........and I rest my case!
Re: Amaechi Names College After Yobo by dabiko(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
OMG, u mean 4.3billion just to build a football college,couldn't the money be better spent in establishing massive industries and other revenue generating firms for the state and in turn create employement for the ever increasing unemployed folks.Nigeria and her leadership myopic brouhaha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso: I Have Supporters In Every Northern Home / 'You Are The Cause Of APC Crises In Rivers' - Wike To Amaechi / South-East Development Commission Bill: Igbos No Longer Marginalized - Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.