Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Why Do Some Pastors Charge Money To Preach In Other Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Pastors Charge Money To Preach In Other Churches? (1057 Views)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches / The Truth About The Catholic Church: And Other Churches: In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Pastors Charge Money To Preach In Other Churches? by UjSizzle(f): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2013
It's a trend I've come to observe that 'some' pastors, if not a reasonable number of them charge money from churches before they come to preach in another church. I know sometimes inviting sweet talking men of God to churches is a publicity stunt of some local pastors either aimed at increasing attendance to church or crusades or to coerce people to 'sow seeds' thereby generate money.
Is this like some business deal or what? I help you raise money, you give me a percentage of it?

On the other hand, should those using the gifts given to them by God to spread the gospel be charging money for their activities?

I remember a testimony by a certain MOG who died and came back to life(as he said). He claimed to have seen God who told him that he didn't deserve heaven because he was charging money for gospel activities. After his ordeal, he stopped.

Why is this suddenly a trend?? Receiving money as gifts is one thing but demanding them is something else.
I don't want to believe am the only one who has noticed this, if anyone else has had an experience like this please share.

(1) (Reply)

How I Started Prostitution At The Age 12 / The Doctrine Of Eternal Security / Soul Stealing: Power Relations In Pastoral Sex.ual Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.