Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta (12483 Views)

Peter Ekpendu Reacts To The Assault Onyemaechi Mrakpor / Newspaper Vendor Demands N50m From Asuquo-Etim And Apology For Assault / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by TUMIC(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
The Delta State Government has suspended five students of Zappa Mixed Secondary School, Asaba, indefinitely, for assaulting their teachers.

Patrick Muoboghare, the state Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education, made this known in an interview in Asaba on Tuesday.
Mr. Muoboghare said that he visited the school when he received the report that some students of the school assaulted their teachers. He said that at the scene, four males and one female student, descended on some of their teachers while they were being disciplined formisconduct.

According to him, the suspension will remain in force until the parents of the affected students signed an "undertaking on their behalf that they will be of good conduct." "For what I saw and heard that the students did to their teachers, they will remain at home until their parents come to sign undertaking of good behaviour on their behalf.
"After that, any future complaint about any of them will attract outright expulsion from the school,'' he warned. He called on students of the school and others in the state to be of good conduct at all times, warning
that the ministry would be "tough" on those of them who would behave irresponsibly.
"We want to produce students who will be good ambassadors and source of pride to their parents, the school and the society," he said.
Wonders shall never end
(TUMIC)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/123224-five-secondary-school-students-suspended-for-assaulting-teachers-in-delta-2.html

Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by dominique(f): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Na wa o. Public schools are getting scary these days. Even the teachers admit they're afraid of the students.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by tunapawizzy: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
NICE ONE
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nowadays, the parents are scared of the School board, the school board is scared of the principal, the principal is scared of the teachers, the teachers are scared of the students, the students are not scared of anybody

6 Likes

Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Policewoman(f): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
What exactly did those students do to their teachers
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Nwaoguta(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
The name of d school sef dey discouraging.

1 Like

Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
Policewoman: What exactly did those students do to their teachers

They were playing hide and seek with their teachers.

1 Like

Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by princemaicheal: 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Na corper remain
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
D students will change to a private school sharp sharp. Abi una forget say church n school na booming biz for nija
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by kgbd(m): 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
Our education system is falling: it is happening every where in the country.. If you want to go into teaching this days, pls make sure your stature is intimidating enough.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by kgbd(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
bigfat06: [size=15pt]AGBEROS ALMOST IN THE MAKING?[/size]
militants you mean to say.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by kabba7(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
honeric01:

future potential militant and kidnappers in the making , so no cause for alarm .
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by kabba7(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
honeric01:

future militant and kidnappers in the making , so no cause for alarm
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by slimming: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Let ask the teacher first, what happen sir?
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
lol...

I remember one guy tried to do this at my secondary school(AFSS Ikeja)

Dude jacked our Commandant.

He was flogged by corporals till he passed out. 03 set will remember.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by kabba7(m): 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
I think those are future militants and kidnappers in the making they should make good governors in those environment anyway .
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
New World Oder
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Bright2(m): 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Some times i wonder why is it that no good news ever come out of this place? Even the ministry is afraid of them otherwise they should have been expelled by now,no need for yellow card,they deserved instant red card.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by kabba7(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2013

They are militants and kidnappers in the making and possibly Delta, Bayelsa,and Rivers state governors awaiting
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Aphrygian(m): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
Bigots everywhere.some said agbero in d making and others said militants in training.i fink dis one nigeria is nothing to write home about.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Temismith(f): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
As in! shocked
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by barag(f): 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
cry so sad i'm sure dt even their parents can't control them any longer
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Boazizzy08: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
what a pity, this shows the hieght of failure on the part of some parents in modeling their children to become resourceful and as well contribute in the betterment of the society it has also exposed the rot in the society as a result of negligence by parents. because children coming from homes where there parents have done their assignments well will never indulge in assaulting their teachers. personally i would have wished that those students face Juvenile court after which they would be rehabilitated before re-introducing them into the society.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by UnknownMember: 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
lol!!

Anybody who attended a state school will not be overly shocked by this tale.
In my secondary school then, it was a constant occurence.
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Clemzy16(m): 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
Why am i not suprised?!
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by sylve11: 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
dominique: Na wa o. Public schools are getting scary these days. Even the teachers admit they're afraid of the students.

i tell u my sister. Schools in some parts of delta has been shut down indefinitely becos of these students. Government schools these days breed cultists. angry sad cool
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by Wittywizard(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
Patrick Muoboghare or wateva he calls himself..... I will only put him in Gods hand.. He is a very auster man... I went tru hell when d man was just appointed as d commissioner of police... He has done so many Good tins to Delta State University... All wat he wants his fame...i hope he know wat he s doing
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by mikolo80: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
E DE SWEET THE TEACHER WHEN HIM DE BEAT THE STUDENTS ABI.NOW TABLES HAVE TURNED.HOW DOES HE LIKE THEM APPLES.I HOPE WIT MY FEW POINTS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONVINCE YOU AND NOT CONFUSE YOU THAT CORPORAL PUNISHMENT SHUD REMAIN IN THE STONE AGE WHERE IT BELONGS
Re: 5 Students Assault Teachers In Delta by free2ryhme: 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
Trying out their militant training to how well trained they've improvedsmiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From The National Economic Council Meeting At The State House Yesterday / Yerima Shettima: North Won’t Succumb To Blackmail On 2023 / Garba Shehu: Buhari Healthier Than Most Nigerian Youths Attacking Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.