Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,476 members, 7,812,468 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Nigeria Trained Nurses In America - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Trained Nurses In America (2409 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by yeepa(m): 7:37pm On May 06, 2006
My friend has just finished in a nursing school in Nigeria and she is planning of going to America. Is there any advice anyone can give as regards the probability of securing work in the God's own country. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
Re: Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by mandi: 7:17am On May 08, 2006
Why can't she stay in Nigeria and start some kind of health/medical care service? We always complain that Nigeria is not doing enough for the country. The question is what are the people doing for the country ? Please tell your friend to stay and help improve our country. She can do that by lending her expertise to the society that needs her.
Re: Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by debbieolat(f): 2:11pm On May 10, 2006
Your friend needs to work for a while in Nigeria though because no hospital abroad will employ foreigners without experience. After working for a while, she can then check for vacancies, as soon as there is any vacancy, she needs to contact them to see if they will give her a work permit because without that, she cannot work there. Work permit earned? BINGO!! She can pack and leave Nigeria if she wants to.

Why can't she stay in Nigeria and start some kind of health/medical care service? We always complain that Nigeria is not doing enough for the country. The question is what are the people doing for the country ? Please tell your friend to stay and help improve our country. She can do that by lending her expertise to the society that needs her

Where is the job in Nigeria? And may I ask who is going to pay for those services?
Re: Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by LoverBwoy(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2006
Why can't she stay in Nigeria and start some kind of health/medical care service?

with what her Teeth? grin

or Certificate ? wink
Re: Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by mandi: 12:14am On May 12, 2006
Typical Nigerian mentality.

Do you think the westerners that are offering working visas for skilled labour are stupid? No, far from it. They want to take the skilled labours out of developing countries, that way the third worlds will never be able to compete in global economy since their SKILLED labours have already abandoned their motherland. Think about it. We are always crying that Nigeria is not doing much for her citizens. Ask yourself what you can do to make your country better. Stop running away to foreign countries to make their country better.

quote: France says: "Give us your doctors, high-tech whizzes and sports stars - but not your poor, unskilled masses."

Uhm, I know this forum if filled with intelligent individuals, I don't need to explain to you what France means.

LoverBwoy:

with what her Teeth? grin

or Certificate ? wink
Re: Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by LoverBwoy(m): 12:24am On May 12, 2006
They want to take the skilled labours out of developing countries

They dont want to take, THEY ARE[b] OFFERING [/b] HIGHLY SKILLED INDIVIDUALS MONEY FOR THEIR SERVICE, THEY NOT FORCING ANYONE TO THEIR COUNTRY. THEY ALSO RETAIN HIGHLY SKILLED AND EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUAL-,

IF A HOSPITAL OR ANY RELATED ORGANISATION OFFER HER something that'll make ends meet and a bit more , she will obviously stay!!
Re: Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by mandi: 8:03am On May 12, 2006
So in essence, you are saying that Nigeria does not need her. We both know that is far from the truth.

LoverBwoy:

They don't want to take, THEY ARE[b] OFFERING [/b] HIGHLY SKILLED INDIVIDUALS MONEY FOR THEIR SERVICE, THEY NOT FORCING ANYONE TO THEIR COUNTRY. THEY ALSO RETAIN HIGHLY SKILLED AND EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUAL-,

IF A HOSPITAL OR ANY RELATED ORGANISATION OFFER HER something that'll make ends meet and a bit more , she will obviously stay!!
Re: Nigeria Trained Nurses In America by chinani(f): 8:12am On May 12, 2006
@Yeepa
Tell her not to get discouraged, finding a job isn't always easy. Luckily there is a nursing shortage particularly in public schools. I don't know too much about the profession but tell her to look in the classifieds and apply to many places. Be prepared for rejection. Also she might need to rework her resume b/c it's a big deal. In the meantime volunteer, attend church and make friends b/c employers want to know that you are dependable and that you're putting down roots. If it is as someone said and employers are hesitant about her b/c she lacks experience tell her do not be afraid to start as a medication aid or nurses aid. I know, she will not like to hear this but trust me when she works for 1 month and they see her & then know that she has a degree it sound be a small small thing for her to just move over to be a nurse. Old ppl's homes (don't remember the p.c. term) & agencies are always looking for ppl. Also there are lots of Nigerian nurses in the US so if she gets a job as a med or nurse aid the Nigerians -- and even Liberians and Kenyans -- will quickly tell her the best places to work & why, the pay and perhaps provide references. (My mom & my sis are nurses.) Good luck to your friend!

(1) (Reply)

Physiotherapy Or Nursing Profession; Which One Is The Best In The Europe. / Worst Employer Of Labour In Nigeria- Afrijet Airlines / 10 Lucrative Businesses You Can Start In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.